NEWS

Best gear from Chrome Flesh

• 47 Replies

boongeebee

• Newb
« on: <08-25-16/1112:18> »
I recently got access to Chrome Flesh and I was wondering what you all thought were some of the best things in there.

adzling

« Reply #1 on: <08-25-16/1150:03> »
Striking Calluses

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-25-16/1227:14> »
Cyberpenis

HougH!
Medicienman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-25-16/1235:29> »
Narco. Even if you have low Addiction Test you can easily avoid Test for most Drugs. If your GM allow custom drugs from Chrome Flesh that's even more insane.

I'm also a big fan of Synaptic Acceleration and Boosted Reflexes, they are cheap way (the first in Essence, the second in nuyen) to raise your Initiative a bit and can be easily completed with Cram/Jazz.

False Face is insane on a Face and extremely useful on anyone else that isn't a troll. It only takes 1 minute and everyone will think that some random Wageslave did the crime.

Savior Medkit. A Rating 6 Medkit that work by itself and will stop you from bleeding out.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-25-16/1302:02> »
Radar Sensor.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-26-16/0957:21> »
Cyberpenis

HougH!
Medicienman
As the cyberpenis is technically classified as a cyberlimb, modular cyberpenis.  Possibly paired with a modular cybervagina, for the gender fluid.

Or, as a cyberpenis is a cyberlimb, you could arguably give your cyberpenis a rating 1 bulk modification to fit a finger pistol.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-26-16/1319:12> »
Narco and Striking Calluses have already been mentioned (really great gear. Narco alone can obviate the need for many other expensive pieces of cyber-/bioware)

So I'd say: Retractable Climbing Claws
They are 100% legal but act as hand razors with -1 Limit (Physical limit can get ridiculously high with high strength, so this isn't really a problem)
If you take 4 (2 hands, 2 feet) you gain +4 Climbing Limit and +2 Climbing DP.

If your GM is reasonable, he'll also allow you to gain +1 Reach if you own a pair, since there really isn't any reasonable difference to bioware claws

There are also a few very nice qualities:

Biocompatibility is great - especially with used ware (1.25 Essence becomes 1.15),
Prototype Transhuman and Striking Callusses + a few grades of Bone Density Aug are a godsend for unarmed adepts 
Revels in Murder is a borderline broken quality, making edge kills sustainable

Finally, superhuman psychosis is a neg. quality with lots of goodies for all those near cyber zombies
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Adamo1618

« Reply #7 on: <08-27-16/0347:33> »
Biocompatibility is great - especially with used ware (1.25 Essence becomes 1.15),
Since it rounds down to the tenth, it actually becomes 1.1 ess. And I'd argue that it gets better with higher grades. If you pick it while having Delta implants, their ess price goes from 0.5 to 0.4, a reduction of 20%. Biocompatability with Used grade gives a 12% reduction.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-28-16/0643:07> »
Since it rounds down to the tenth, it actually becomes 1.1 ess. And I'd argue that it gets better with higher grades. If you pick it while having Delta implants, their ess price goes from 0.5 to 0.4, a reduction of 20%. Biocompatability with Used grade gives a 12% reduction.

The rounding on Biocompatability was clarified to sanity.  Jack has it right, it's just another 10% reduction, no free rounding.

Adamo1618

« Reply #9 on: <08-28-16/1132:26> »
Where was this?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-28-16/1714:53> »
The Freelancer that wrote it, either Wakshaani or Backgammon clarified in a post and then made a funny about players keeping track of Essence down to the hundredth.  I don't know that it made the official Errata, but it's been stated. 

You can go stalking Freelancers and find the post if you'd like.  My quick search didn't find it, sorry. 

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-28-16/2325:24> »
I recently got access to Chrome Flesh and I was wondering what you all thought were some of the best things in there.

The best thing in Chrome Flesh is "Invisible Wounds" (p.44-48).

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-13-16/1640:26> »
Cyberpenis

HougH!
Medicienman
As the cyberpenis is technically classified as a cyberlimb, modular cyberpenis.  Possibly paired with a modular cybervagina, for the gender fluid.

Or, as a cyberpenis is a cyberlimb, you could arguably give your cyberpenis a rating 1 bulk modification to fit a finger pistol.

Wait, does it give you an extra dmg box?  Does it have it's own stats?  Is it prehensile?

some of those questions were serious

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-13-16/1821:45> »
the cyberpenis is technically classified as a cyberlimb
It's no more a cyberlimb than an LED tattoo. Wasn't in 4e, either.

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <10-13-16/2034:24> »

Wait, does it give you an extra dmg box?  Does it have it's own stats?  Is it prehensile?

some of those questions were serious
Page 73:
"Available for both male and female parts, cyber genitals might well be considered a cyberlimb, but doing so opens the door for a lot of uncomfortable discussions."

So, by RAW?  It might well improve your damage track.  Because they chose to use words that mean things in the rules without qualification in the description.