NEWS

Forum support

• 12 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« on: <05-25-13/1037:24> »
I don't understand why but font for forum has changed. I can't seem to get it back .All the text has become tiny and small on both my browsers. It only seem to be on this site. Can anyone help me out here ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-25-13/1514:21> »
Strange...I'm not experiencing any issues at all. Are you using a PC/laptop or smart phone/tablet?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #2 on: <05-25-13/1923:58> »
Hold control, and roll your middle mouse button (the wheel). See if this helps at all.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #3 on: <05-25-13/1925:20> »
The same is done by holding ctrl and hitting the + - or = keys, but he said it is like this on two browsers.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-25-13/2002:04> »
The same is done by holding ctrl and hitting the + - or = keys, but he said it is like this on two browsers.
I know, but the issue appears unique to him, so its worth a try.  The issue is unique to Basic, therefore its something in his settings, cache or similar.

Basic, you could also clear your internet temp files etc, then close both browsers and restart.
Perception molds reality

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-25-13/2004:35> »
For a little while, it was doing something similar for me, but only really when looking at the "unread posts since last visit" when there were quite a few of them.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-25-13/2022:38> »
For a little while, it was doing something similar for me, but only really when looking at the "unread posts since last visit" when there were quite a few of them.

Actually... Basic, does the page display so that it fits the screen, ie there is no need to use the right scroll bar to see all the messages?
Perception molds reality

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-25-13/2025:53> »

Actually... Basic, does the page display so that it fits the screen, ie there is no need to use the right scroll bar to see all the messages?

Basic, go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout.

Try working with these settings and see what happens.

Thanks All4Big!
Perception molds reality

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #8 on: <05-26-13/0041:27> »
Thanks everyone. I figure out what happened. For some odd reason a font on my system took over how the text no the page showed up. I don't really know why but that's what it did. I had to remove the font for it to go back to normal.
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-26-13/0440:08> »
Luckily it wasn't a fancy font, like Syndarin elvish or something like that (and yes, those fonts do exist).  That would have been difficult to read.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #10 on: <05-26-13/0443:45> »
Unless you're fluent in that.  The real scary one would've been wingdings.  Try reading random stupid pictures that they include with Windows for no apparent reason.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <05-26-13/0555:43> »
The default theme does look to see if you have Wordman's Shadowrun and Decker fonts installed and uses them. If the font had the same name as either of these, but wasn't them, it may have caused the problem.

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #12 on: <05-26-13/1701:50> »
The default theme does look to see if you have Wordman's Shadowrun and Decker fonts installed and uses them. If the font had the same name as either of these, but wasn't them, it may have caused the problem.

That was the fonts I installed.