NEWS

[SR5] House Rule - Running a corporation

• 26 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <09-13-17/1206:27> »
Hi,

One of my player wants, for a while, to hijack his way onto a corporation board, so he can run his own corporation and hopefully do better than the other one of Shadowrun (unlikely, but who I am to argue ? :) ). I'm fine with the idea, but there is for sure not mechanics for that in the game.

Question is - did you ever had the issue and did you implement some house rules about that ? Can you think about other game having mechanics for similar things ?

I obviously don't want something too crunchy. Actually, I like symetric approach and reusing mechanism, so maybe the simpliest way to give the corporation a set of attributes and associate each of the corporation "capacity" to a sort of spell. So that for instance if my PC wants to use the resources of its corporation to do something, it could simply roll and and maybe the damage the coporation through drain...

Anyhow, that's my first stab at it, before going there I want to have a first try at seeing if anyone here has some kind of previous experience on the topic.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-13-17/1209:04> »
Oh, riffing on my previous idea - the corp would have a set of attribute (similar to the one of a character, but remap to a companie) and would have - instead of the Magic Attribute, a Resource Attribute. A small corporation (A) would have a Resource fo 3, a bigger one (AA) a resource of maybe 8 and 12 for the Megacorp. Again, just a quick idea - I would rather hears yours !

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-13-17/1223:03> »
Hm, five attributes should be enough:

(Willpower) Force: How much manpower (including Military) can the corp muster
(Intuition) Innovation: How many projects and development opportunities does the Corp have
(Logic) Diversity: In how many branches and different sectors is the corp active
(Charisma) Assets: How many talented people (Leaders, Scientists, Mages etc.) does the corp have

Special attribute:
(Edge) Resources: How much liquid cash can the corp throw around

Now you can mix and match your tests from those Attributes with Resources as your Edge pool to increase your chances of success against a rival corp

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-13-17/1248:46> »
Yeah, that might be easier indeed, less crunch. I would like (still) to have a sort of a Drain mechanism. Or maybe associate a temporary loss of edge to each or each manoeuver.

"Sure, you can roll Assets (Cha) to see if you can find an expert on this within the corporation, but your corp will lose a point of edge. Oh, you want to purchase the small independent company you run into last week ? Oh that will be a Force (Willpower) test, but it will cost you 3 points of Resources (Edge)".

I think the rate for Edge recovery would be monthly, at least at first glance...

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-13-17/1317:52> »
Depending on how deep you want to get into it, the 3rd Edition book Corporate Download has rules in the back (p. 120-125) for the ratings of corporations and how these ratings will fluctuate up and down over time based on in-game events. 

Each corporation has six attributes (Intelligence, Counter-Intelligence, Publicity, Efficiency, Black-Ops, Security).

Separately, they have asset ratings across fourteen different industries (Aerospace, Agriculture, Biotech, etc.). These asset ratings go up and down based off the successes rolled in the attribute tests. Some of these tests are unopposed and some are opposed by the ratings of competitor corporations.

The rules were designed with the megacorps in mind but there's no reason they couldn't be applied to a smaller corporation. I think they look like fun and I've always wanted to try them out.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-13-17/1329:27> »
Oh cool, I was actually wondering if some kind of mechanism was not indeed some  old books. I'll take a look at that indeed. :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-13-17/1331:39> »
Most actions should finance themselves - otherwise it wouldn't make sense to undertake them at all. Edge/Resources spending starts when you have an opponent you are rolling against - that's when you have to make strategic decisions and start spending money.
But if you use company resources for your own ends you obviously can't use them to further other projects.

Ok, here is a raw concept:

Let's say one month is one round.

Innovation and Force are your Ini base. A basic Corp has 1d6, an A Corp has 2d6, AA 3d6 and AAA 4d6 ini bonus
Your ini score determines how many complex or simple actions you can perform each month.
Spend one Resource per additional Ini die

Normal day to day business actions (unopposed) don't cost resources - on the contrary they earn you resources - depending on the threshold of the action and its inherent limit (Low hanging Fruits: Threshold 1 Limit 6, specialized niche product Threshold 5  Limit 7)
Spending resources you can either reroll or add dice (but you won't break the limit nor will you get exploding dice)
Opposed tests work like normal only that the winner can take some amount of resources from the opponent.

You need resources to build up your other attributes (1 point of Resource = 1 Karma)  but you can also reverse that process and reduce your attributes to generate resources (laying off people, selling branches, etc.)

After that you can add complications (like having to take out loans or having to defend against actions that target attributes directly)
talk think matrix

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #7 on: <09-13-17/1349:09> »
Are you quoting the third supplement or pulling from something else?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-13-17/1356:39> »
Ahem, yeah I'm pulling them from somewhere... mostly my a**  ;)
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-14-17/1250:29> »
Most actions should finance themselves - otherwise it wouldn't make sense to undertake them at all. Edge/Resources spending starts when you have an opponent you are rolling against - that's when you have to make strategic decisions and start spending money.

Actually, no, not the way I see it. The rules are not emulate the corporation running itself. That will happen "automatically", the rule I am drafting here is for my PC using their corporation for their own advantages. Like using to get intel or some resources. That will "exhaust" their resource (Edge). Also it means that if they get "attacked" by an other corp, they  may have less Edge to resist (only other case where I would ask them to roll the dice for the corporation).

@Tecumseh thanks for the reference, I just took a look at Corporate Download and I know reading about this piece of crunch a long time ago. Thanks a ton !

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-14-17/1425:03> »
Depending on how deep you want to get into it, the 3rd Edition book Corporate Download has rules in the back (p. 120-125) for the ratings of corporations and how these ratings will fluctuate up and down over time based on in-game events. 

Each corporation has six attributes (Intelligence, Counter-Intelligence, Publicity, Efficiency, Black-Ops, Security).

Separately, they have asset ratings across fourteen different industries (Aerospace, Agriculture, Biotech, etc.). These asset ratings go up and down based off the successes rolled in the attribute tests. Some of these tests are unopposed and some are opposed by the ratings of competitor corporations.

The rules were designed with the megacorps in mind but there's no reason they couldn't be applied to a smaller corporation. I think they look like fun and I've always wanted to try them out.

Hmmm interesting I may have to see if I can find a copy of that online.

As for funding you could maybe work something up based on the stats/asset ratings? Depending on how complex you want to be it could vary from . . . .

1) Corporate rankings = X profit per month. So if Your corporation is GM rated at D you earn 5,000 nuyen a month in spending profit, if its rated AA you earn 4 million nuyen per month. Obviously your not likely to be rated A+ but its a simple approach.

2) Slightly more complicated you can tie the rating to attributes and/or assets e.g. sum of all assets gets you a ranking (I think the bottom corporate rank is E? So a total of 14 points worth of assets gets you an E ranking while maximum of 12? gets you AA) and then you earn X amount of nuyen per month based on that.

3) Really more paperwork than most would want. Combine assets, attributes and the like. So you make the rolls to vary your assets. Your total points in assets gets you a rank lets see now assuming E rank is the lowest a corp can be for local company type basis and the maximum rank in all assets is 12 for AA and a non player achieveable 13 for AAA that would give us something like . . .

14 total points = E Rank
36 total points = D Rank
64 total points = C Rank
112 total points= B rank
140 total points = A Rank
168 points = AA Rank
182 total points = AAA Rank

Depending on your rank you get a multiplier . . . .

E Rank = 15
D Rank = 30
C Rank = 60
B Rank = 120
A Rank = 240
AA Rank = 480
AAA Rank = 960

Then you add all your corporate attributes together and  multiply it by that multiplier for your nuyen per month e.g. a 3 in all attributes and a C rank is . . .

3 * 6 = 18
18 *  60 = 1,080 nuyen per month or around 12,000 per year give or take.

Obviously you could adjust these a bit to balance them around what you think is reasonable e.g. increasing the multipliers or making the result your weekly profit rather than monthly so a C rank company with 3 in all attrtibutes is earning 4,000 profit per month or 48,000 per year (AAA would have max everything so 36 * 960 = 34,560 nuyen per month). This is of course just the profit its generating for you from various operations and the like I'd also recommend a day job + some degree of fame for a salary as CEO of said corp and maybe a rule about being able to reduce an asset e.g. agriculture for X nuyen as a one off payment from selling off assets.

I'll need to do some thinking about this as this is just off the top of my head and I need to leave for work.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-14-17/1442:41> »
There are rules in Corporate Shadowfiles and Corporate Download I had to transcribe for a thing that never came to fruition, and then added my own interpretation.

MEGACORPORATE ATTRIBUTES ––––– METAHUMAN ATTRIBUTES
Fiscal ––––– Body
Operations ––––– Strength
Intelligence ––––– Agility
Security ––––– Reaction
Publicity ––––– Charisma
Management ––––– Logic
Efficiency ––––– Intuition
Reputation ––––– Willpower

Fiscal
Fiscal operations involve the corporation's financial worth and stability, determining its ability to conduct all of its operations. Reflecting the importance of money to business, the Fiscal Asset Rating determines the maximum Asset Rating for all other operations with the exception of reputation. No matter how extensive a corporation 's assets are, under-funding means under-producing. For this reason, no Asset Rating for any operation except reputation can exceed the Fiscal Asset Rating.

Fiscal assets also serve as resources that a corporation can use to increase productivity in a major interest, counteract losses in a major interest, or affect fiscal, intelligence, management, or security assets. The allocation of fiscal resources can also affect corporate reputation. For more information on allocating resources.

Operations
Shadow operations are a matter of course for the megacorps, and [Black Ops] Attribute determines how skilled a corp is at organizing and executing them—not to mention covering their tracks afterwards. This represents the abilities of company men and runners on retainer, rather than deniable assets. If a gamemaster wants to randomly determine how well a corporate shadow team pulls off an operation against another corp, she can make an Opposed Test between one corp’s Black Ops Rating and the other’s Security Rating.

Intelligence
Corporations keep close watch on each other, and intelligence operations allow each corp to conduct espionage. The Intelligence Asset Rating represents the corporation's potential and actual intelligence performance. As with fiscal assets, intelligence assets can also function as resources to bolster interest areas, counteract losses, or enhance the corporation's fiscal, intelligence, management, and security operations. Unlike financial resources, intelligence resources cannot affect reputation.

Quite simply, this is a corp’s information-gathering capabilities. It measures how efficient their spy and snitch networks are, and how quickly they pick up rumors. This Attribute can be used to determine how many dice a corp rolls to determine if it knows of something going on in the
shadows or behind locked doors at another corp.

Counterintelligence
This describes how successfully a corp keeps its secrets and prevents information from leaking out. This Attribute can be used as a target number for Intelligence Tests made by a rival corp, or as a target number for determining how much a contact knows about a specific corp or corp project.

Security
Corporate assets require protection, mostly from other corporations. Security operations cover four sub-areas of protection: magic, matrix, physical, and military security. The first three of those four areas help determine a corp's power and influence, and each therefore has its own Security Asset Rating. The ratings are designed to give players and gamemasters a general feel for the level of protection present in each area of security.

Each sub-area discussed below addresses the general level of protection present in each different category of security.
This attribute measures how well a corp is able to protect its assets from outside aggression, usually other corps or shadowrunners. Security can be used as a general figure covering all security assets, or it can be further broken down into Magical, Matrix, and Physical Security.

Publicity
This is the equivalent of the Charisma Attribute for corps. Not only does it determine how favorably a corp is viewed by consumers, but it can also be used to make tests to see how effectively a corp spin-doctors a bad situation, promotes a new product or scandalizes an opponent.

Management
Management operations refer to the management activities of a corporation's executives and middlemen. The Management Asset Rating reflects the quality of their performance. Management assets also serve as resources to bolster productivity in a major interest, or to enhance fiscal, intelligence, management, or security operations.

Efficiency
This attribute is a measure of how greased the corp’s wheels are. This is management training, crisis response, system redundancy and problem-solving skills all rolled into one. Efficiency can be used for tests to determine how long it takes for the corp to make decisions, react to aggression, or take a course of action. It can also be used as a target number for attempts to deceive a corp with faked IDs or forged paperwork.

The public perceives every corporation in a certain way, and reputation refers to that public perception. Much like the Asset Ratings for the other operations, the Reputation Asset Rating indicates how positively or negatively the general public perceives a corporation. Unlike other Asset Ratings, the Reputation Asset Rating directly affects a corp's Fiscal Asset Rating. No corporation can afford to ignore its Reputation Asset Rating, because a corporation's fiscal Asset Rating cannot exceed a number higher than twice the corporation's Reputation Asset Rating.

This rule reflects the financial trouble that a corporation disliked by the public can expect to deal with. Customers refuse to purchase its products, it cannot recruit quality employees, existing employees hate working there and do a poor job, the corporation finds it harder to get certain kinds of funding or acquire certain resources, and so on. The Reputation Asset Ratings table explains the different ratings.

Reference
Descriptions taken from Corporate Shadowfiles and/or Corporate Download.

Megacorporate Attributes (Corporate Download, 120-23)
●   Intelligence
●   Counter-Intelligence
●   Publicity
●   Efficiency
●   Black Ops
●   Security
  • Physical
  • Matrix
  • Magic
Corporate Operations (Corporate Shadowfiles, 110-13)
●   Fiscal
●   Intelligence
●   Reputation
●   Management
●   Security
  • Physical
  • Matrix
  • Magic
  • Military
Metahuman Attributes (Third Edition) [Fifth Edition]
●   Body
●   Strength
●   (Quickness)
●   [Agility]
●   [Reaction]
●   Charisma
●   (Intelligence)
●   [Logic]
●   [Intuition]
●   Willpower

Using the attributes means creating a use for them beyond randomly affecting the difficulty of runs, and creating something the runners need to know and care about.

The Security Attribute Score defines how common certain security measures are, and generally defines specific force size and difficulty level the PC can expect to face on a run.

Reputation is the mission target number for jobs to smear or otherwise discredit a corporation to the public. It's the Willpower Attribute, which makes it the threshold before the corp management has to act because shareholders and outside investors/media are demanding blood and perceive the corporation as being incapable of holding itself and its assets together.

Fiscal is a critical value, and most AAA megacorporations's own attribute scores here are less than ten. This means reducing it even by one point requires that the PCs perform a highly damaging run against the corp.

This is an Operations vs. Fiscal Test, but for every corporation that picks at the corporation in a given period and mitigated by the corporation's own successful Operations against all of its opponents. But Fiscal is also a value of its legitimate operations and Reputation, Management, etc.

We use dice pools consisting of Attribute + Asset. Most of the time, corporations would be using the Fiscal Attribute and the Dice Pool would be (Fiscal + Aerospace) or (Fiscal + Computer Engineering), etc. If they lose, reduce that Asset Rating. They can gain or lose Assets until a threshold which triggers a modification to a respective Attribute.

That still leaves the problem of how to pit the Fiscal health (Attribute) of each corp against each other without making 200 Fiscal Tests. The obvious answer is an Open Test where every corp makes a Fiscal Test and then we rank the winners of each period (usually Fiscal Quarter) by the number of net successes each corporation gets (Open Test successes plus or minus various modifiers). Where there is a tie, make a Management Open Test and compare net successes. Subsequent ties are resolved by Open Tests pitting the respective tied corporations's Efficiency, Reputation, Publicity, Security, and finally Operations Attributes until all ties are resolved.

To make runners care about these categories and ratings, both Megacorporate Attributes and Megacorporate Assets become Knowledge Skills – 27 total, plus specializations.

To determine if they know of something about Megacorporate Assets generally, they make a Knowledge Skill Test as usual. Attributes can also be used to counter the PCs's legwork. Since we merge the Counter-Intelligence Attribute from Corporate Download into the Intelligence Attribute, the corporation makes a Counterintelligence Test pitting its Intelligence + [Asset] dice pool + specific modifiers vs. the PC's Legwork or Knowledge Test successes. If the corporation has more net successes, they know that the PC is investigating it and may react accordingly, depending on how many successes the corporation gets.

Megacorporate Attributes as PC Knowledge Skills (and Specializations)

●   Fiscal
  • Leverage
  • Liquidity
  • Market Share
  • Accounts
  • Debts
●   Operations
  • Overt
  • Clandestine
  • Covert
●   Intelligence
  • Espionage (Intelligence Gathering)
  • Counterintelligence
  • Analysis
  • Magic
  • Matrix
  • Military
●   Security
  • Physical
  • Matrix
  • Magic
  • Military
●   Publicity
  • Marketing and Advertising
  • Lobbying/Political Advocacy
  • Community Outreach/Public Relations
  • Crisis Management
  • Disinformation
●   Management
  • Culture
  • Control
  • Knowledge
  • Planning
●   Efficiency
  • Communication
  • Structure
  • Logistics
  • Systems
●   Reputation
  • Public
  • Shadows
  • Values
  • Legacy
  • Expectations
« Last Edit: <09-15-17/1603:12> by Crimsondude »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-14-17/1454:56> »
Megacorporate Assets (Corporate Download)

●   Aerospace
●   Agriculture
●   Biotechnology
●   Chemicals
●   Computer Engineering
●   Computer Science
●   Consumer Goods
●   Cybernetics
●   Entertainment
●   Finance
●   Heavy Industry
●   Military Technology
●   Mystical Goods and Services
●   Service

Every megacorporate asset category mentioned (Corporate Guide)

Aerospace
●   Production
●   Research and development
●   Conventional aircraft
●   Space-capable craft
●   Aerospace technology
●   Aerospace
●   Aerospace/Communications
●   Aerospace/Drones
●   Aerospace/Orbital Management
●   Aerospace/Satellites
●   Aircraft/Miltech
●   Aircraft Construction (planes, flightships, zeppelins, drones)
●   Airline
●   Orbital Construction/Transport
●   Space
●   Space/Communications
●   Space/ Mining
●   Space Technology and Exploration

Agriculture
●   Food production
●   Food distribution
●   Farming
●   Animal husbandry
●   Animal processing
●   Agricultural distribution

Biotechnology
●   Medical technologies
●   Research
●   Pharmaceuticals
●   Bioware
●   Bio-Drones
●   Bioengineering
●   Biopharmaceuticals (vaccines, biologicals) and Biomedicals
●   Biotech
●   Biotech/Genetech
●   Biotech/Genetics
●   Biotech & Cybernetics R&D
●   Biotechnology
●   Bioware/ biotechnology
●   Classical Pharmaceuticals
●   Communications/Electronics/Cybertech
●   Consumer Healthcare
●   Cybernetics
●   Cybernetics/Biotech
●   Cybernetics/ Clinics
●   Cybernetics/Nanotech
●   Cybertechnology
●   Cyberware, Optics
●   Diagnostics
●   Electronics/ Cybernetics
●   Fringe Sciences
●   Genetech/Pharmaceuticals
●   Genetics
●   Green and Blue Biotechnology, Environmental Technology
●   Green Biotechnology (plantfacs and fabricows)
●   Health Care
●   Health Care/Clinics
●   Health Care Service Providers
●   Hospital Management
●   Medical
●   Medical and Financial Services
●   Medical Nanotechnology
●   Medical Service Provider
●   Medical Supplies and Diagnostics
●   Medicinal Supplies
●   Nanotech/Cybernetics
●   Nanotech/Medtech
●   Red and White Biotechnology
●   Social Works
●   (Trans-) Genetics (biogenesis, reprogenetics, procreation, environmental adaptation)
●   Welfare Services (Retirement/Hospice Care)

Chemicals
●   Chemicals and chemical-related products, from cheap plastics to space age carbon polymers
●   Common chemicals for consumer and industrial use.

Computer Engineering
●   computer-related hardware
●   ARE Software
●   AR/Sim/Software
●   Communications
●   Computech
●   Computers
●   Data consulting
●   Data reconstruction
●   Data Recovery and Analysis
●   Data Science Education
●   Drones
●   Drones/Industrial Robotics
●   Drones/Robotics
●   Firmware
●   Matrix
●   Matrix/ARE Design
●   Matrix/ARE Software
●   Matrix/Consumer Electronics
●   Matrix/Drones
●   Matrix/Everything
●   Matrix/Hardware
●   Matrix/ Infrastructure
●   Matrix Security
●   Matrix/Simtech
●   Matrix/Software
●   Matrix Systems
●   Network Security
●   Robotics
●   Robotics/Drones
●   Software
●   Software Programming
●   Telecom Services

Computer Science
●   This category encompasses research, development, production, and distribution of computers and computer-related software.

Consumer Goods
●   This area includes common goods of all kinds, from toasters to telecoms to hair dryers.
●   Arboritech
●   Agribusiness
●   Consumer Electronics/Cybernetics
●   Consumer Electronics/Hardware
●   Consumer Electronics/Software
●   Consumer Goods
●   Consumer Goods/Foodstuffs
●   Consumer Products
●   Convenience Store chain
●   Cosmetics
●   Electronic Gaming
●   Electronics
●   Fashion/Consumer Electronics
●   Fashion/Consumer Products
●   Food
●   Food and nutrition industry
●   Foods
●   Foodstuffs/Liquor
●   Games
●   Hybrid Technologies/ Research
●   Megamarts
●   Metahuman Consumer Goods
●   Personal Electronics
●   Retail
●   Tourism
●   Toys
●   Toys and games
●   Textiles

Cybernetics
●   Cybernetics includes all technology related to man-machine interfacing, from simple reactive circuits to advanced cyberware.

Entertainment
●   Trideo
●   Simsense
●   Music
●   Theater
●   Book and magazine publishing
●   Alternative Entertainment
●   Broadcasting Company
●   Entertainment
●   Media
●   Media/ Broadcasting
●   Media/Entertainment
●   Media/Sim
●   Media/ Sim Production
●   Media/Trid Broadcasting
●   Media/Trid Network
●   Media/Trideo & Simsense Producer
●   Media Production
●   Music
●   Sim Station
●   Simsense
●   Simsense production
●   Sim/Trid Production
●   Software/Sim
●   Studios
●   Trideo and Simsense
●   Trideo Production

Finance
●   Investing
●   Banking
●   Insurance
●   Brokerage
●   Advertising production
●   Bank
●   Banking
●   Banking/Finance
●   Business and Financial Analysis
●   Customer Service
●   Economic and Business Education
●   Emerging Markets finances
●   Finance
●   Financial
●   Financial/Investment
●   Global Management Consulting
●   High Risk Investment
●   Holding/Financial
●   Insurance
●   Insurance/Emergency Service Provider
●   Investment
●   Investment Banking
●   Investments and Financial Services
●   Law and Jurisdiction
●   Licensing and Patent Administration
●   Market Information & forecasting
●   Marketing/PR
●   Personal and Corporate Finance
●   Personal and Corporate VR Management
●   Personnel
●   Publicity
●   R&D Consultancy
●   (Re-)Insurances
●   Real Estate
●   Real Estate/Banking
●   Securities
●   Stock Exchange
●   Universal and Specialized (Investment and Commercial) Banks

Heavy Industry
●   Construction
●   Production
●   Heavy manufacturing
●   Waste processing
●   Utilities Service Provider
●   Architecture
●   Architecture/Design
●   Architecture/Industrial Design
●   Automotive
●   Automotive/Heavy Vehicles
●   Automotive/Naval
●   Construction
●   Heavy Industry
●   Heavy Industry/Automotive
●   Heavy Industry/ Mining
●   Heavy Industry/Nanotech
●   Heavy Industry/Vehicles
●   Heavy Industry and Habitat Construction
●   Industrial Electronics
●   Industrial Robotics
●   Smart Materials
●   Vehicles

Information

Energy and Resources
●   Power generation
●   Power distribution
●   Energy
●   Mining
●   Mining/Resource Processing
●   Oil
●   Oil/Chemicals
●   Oil & Gas Mining
●   Petrochemicals
●   Resource Extraction/ Chemicals
●   Resources
●   Specialized Mining

Military Technology
●   Research & Development
●   Small Arms & Light Weapons
●   Defense Measures/Countermeasures
●   Defense Logistics
●   Special Weapons
●   Aerospace Armaments
●   Land Armaments
●   Naval Armaments
●   Matrix Warfare
●   Military Services
●   Armament
●   Armament/Military Vehicles
●   Armaments
●   Arms/Military Vehicles
●   Defense and Protection R&D
●   Military Consultancy
●   Military Technology
●   Miltech
●   Miltech/Aerospace
●   Miltech/Armament
●   Miltech Drones
●   MilTech Systems
●   Weaponized Med-Tech (chemical, biological, nanotech)

Security
●   Armed Medical Services
●   Intelligence gathering
●   Law Enforcement Services
●   Mundane and Magical Security Provider
●   Municipal law enforcement
●   Penal and Correction Services
●   Personal Armament
●   Personal Firearms
●   Personal Security
●   Police
●   Security and Protection Services
●   Security Company
●   Security Consultancy Services
●   Security Service Provider

Mystical Goods and Services
●   End-User Mystic Services
●   Talismongering, Alchera, and Alchemy
●   Magical Research & Development
●   Magical Information and Publishing
●   Arcana
●   Arcane
●   Arcane Service Provider
●   Arcane Services/Magical Goods
●   Magic
●   Magical Consulting
●   Magical Education
●   Magical Goods
●   Magical Publishing
●   Magical Research
●   Magical Security and Protection Services
●   Magical Services
●   Personal Magical Enhancement
●   Thaumaturgical Research

Service
●   Retail
●   Transportation
●   Security Services
●   Data Management/Information
●   Police Services
●   Fire Services
●   Medical Response Services

Shipping and Transportation
●   Cartage and Freight
●   Deliveries
●   Delivery Service
●   Logistics Services
●   Rail Transport
●   Shipping
●   Shipping Company
●   Urban Transport

Maritime and Aquatics
●   Aquatechnology and Underwater Mining
●   Aquaculture
●   Aquaculture/Mining
●   Nautical Designs
●   Naval
●   Naval architecture (submarines, ships, drones)
●   Naval Construction/Aquatech/Miltech
●   Ship and Sea Facility Building
●   Ship construction
●   Underwater Living
●   Underwater Mining
« Last Edit: <09-14-17/1500:34> by Crimsondude »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #13 on: <09-15-17/0102:56> »
You maniac, Crimsondude.  ;D

Beleran, the thing you should be concerned about is whether or not the character can manage to hide what they're doing in the midst of all the other standard corporate business - in other words, whether they can keep their actions stealthy.  There's a reason why most shadowrun characters are deniable assets instead of corporate agents: most of the stuff that shadowrunners are asked to do are, well, dodgy at best.  All the other corporations, big and small, always have an eye out for indiscriminate messing-around by their competitors, because getting caught means anything from a financial penalty to open season.  (BTW, going off your first post -- 'hopefully do better than the other one of Shadowrun' --  it does seem like you're thinking there are only two primary corporations; there are plenty more than two, even more than 'two biggest'.  Anyhow.)

What this means is that most of the standard shadowrun rules come back into play, instead of needing to come up with new ones.  Conceal your specific intel request within a host of others.  Send finances from a slush fund through enough exchanges (which is going to lose you money) in order to 'liberate it' and purchase stuff for blacker-than-black ops that you're putting to use on the street.  If on the other hand the character is particularly daring and/or concealment is not an issue (i.e. the character has managed to gain essentially total control over the company), then it's business as usual.

Shadowrun corporations do this stuff all the time; if the character has no need to conceal what they're doing from the rest of the board, I recommend using the SR3 Corporate Download rules - Crimsondude introduces them here.  For AAA-rated corporations, these attributes tend to be 4-7, climbing into the 8-10 range for things that are really important to the company (like Publicity for Aztechnology).  I'd lower the ranges by 1-2 for AA-rated corporations, and by another 2 for the A-rated corporations (which is what I'm presuming your player is getting his fingers into).

For ease of play, I'd simply state that the player can direct the corporation's apparatus a number of times per month or quarter (3 months) - probably quarter - equal to their own Edge attribute; the pool rolled for any particular thing is equal to their Edge plus the appropriate corporate attribute for that action.  If there's another corporation or organization involved, roll their counter-attribute if there is one (again, see Corporate Download), or something appropriate if it isn't obvious (Publicity vs. Black Ops, for example), as a contested roll.

If it becomes obvious that some particular individual (e.g. the PC) is becoming a pain in the buttocks, and that that individual is actively and directly engaged in less-than-above-board activities (e.g. shadowruns), other corporations may well take notice - and the chickens will come home to roost, not to mention their corporation might well get brought before the Court due to the PC's activities.  What happens from there is up to you ... but it shouldn't end well.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laιs is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-15-17/0702:59> »
Wow they apparently have more skills than we do. I could only skim it very, very briefly as I should have been in bed 2 hours ago and I have work tommorow where I'm driving for 2 hours in the morning. Still I'm going to come back to that Crimson Dude and read it properly thanks for sharing.