NEWS

Kill Code Errata

• 37 Replies

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« on: <08-30-18/1351:18> »
I expect Sphinx to be along presently with a comprehensive list, but I thought I would kick out there the glaring things I noticed on my read through.

• Denial of Service Matrix Action, page 37 states in the stat block header it is a Cybercombat + Logic [Attack] v. Willpower + Firewall test, and then in the description says to "Make a Computer + Intuition [Data processing] Test opposed by Willpower + Firewall," test
  • The Machinists Daemon on page 90 states that a Techno's Living Persona acts as a RCC (except for the ability to make and join a WAN).  Is that supposed to be a PAN?  If not, then does it bypass the need for the 8 point One with the Matrix quality?  The only benefit you can get from a RCC without being a part of a PAN is the Noise Reduction.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-30-18/2001:54> »
Shortened Versions of my nitpickings in the Kill Code thread. Some of these are probably Errata for the Core rules, but I list them here because Kill Code failed to fix them (unless it´s hidden somewhere in the fluff sections, which would be a problem on its own):

• Effing Teamwork Rules? The Teamplayer Quality (why the hell is that TM-exclusive?) merely suggests that I can´t use it for Brute Force and Hack on the Fly. What about everything else?
  • Reckless Hacking: Great! So I can now use Control Device to fire a someone else´s Assault Rifle (at an -10 Modifier, but what if i don´t want to hit anything specific?) without any hacking equipment? ;D The idea for "Reckless Hacking" is very good in general, but you may want to look into the interaction with some "legal" Matrix Actions)
  • Still no clarification for the Diagnostics Sprite Power
  • When I´m inside a host: How do I percieve slaved devices of a host when they have to stay outside on the grid? Do hosts have some kind of windows (no pun intended)? And why does the description of Industry Hosts (p.44) talk about devices "within" the host?
« Last Edit: <09-04-18/0812:21> by Finstersang »

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-30-18/2349:06> »
  • The Optional Rule:  Surplus and Refurbished PI-Tac Units side bar lists several extended tests without the time each test takes.

Wizzer

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-31-18/0008:48> »
This may of been intentional but it stuck out to me.

p.178 Power Mungers have a willpower of 20 and a charisma of 30

the number sequence is the same as the first 5 numbers in the stat block before it, Migaloo, 20 4 4 30 4 2

Trillinon

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-31-18/1720:17> »
Page 25. under Matrix Attributes > Attack

It says: "When an Attack action fails, firewalls respond harshly, dealing damage to your device and alerting the target that it is under attack."

But the rules for attack actions say that failing does NOT alert the target, but succeeding does.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-31-18/2038:39> »
  • The Haywire Matrix Action, page 38 the description says that the target must be a persona not in VR (not that it matters as you will see) and that the effect is that all PAN related functions cease.  A persona can't be a part of a PAN - except for some Technomancer's Living Personas.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-31-18/2121:03> »
  • The Pantheon Hard Case CCOB side bar on page 73 list it's Armor at "12/14*" and in the Standard Upgrades section lists that it has "internal armored shell (for RCC or cyberdecks) [14]*."  Does this mean it provides 12 armor for the wearer?
  • The Personal Drone Rack in the same side bar on the same page states "Rules: Can mount 3 micro drones or one small drone."  It completely skips over mini drones.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-31-18/2134:04> »
  • Both the Cyberdecks N-Serieas and Cyberdecks EX-Series charts on page 74 have the Cost and Availability headings reversed.

&#24525;

« Reply #8 on: <09-02-18/0240:59> »
The last AI, Derrick Own Slattery, has both Inherent Program (Decryption) and knows the same program... smh. Don't forget its missing +2 Core Condition boxes that aren't shown correctly.
Also why are all the AIs Inherently Decryption programs??? And Perceptive. And Redundant.
What's with AI's all knowing Cat's Paw?¿

Quote from: 01 Paragon
Disadvantage: –1 limit and –1 dice pool penalty when acting only in AR.
Is this to all actions, even non-matrix ones? It doesn't specify. -1 Accuracy kinda hurts.

Just what do the last half of the Booster Chips do? No rules. Just a cost. I feel like a Silly Willy after getting this...
« Last Edit: <09-02-18/0344:16> by 忍 »

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-02-18/1353:20> »
Looper Rounds table p. 50.  The Loop Duration gets shorter the higher the rating?  Shouldn't that be going the other way?  A 1 second loop is going to be easier to spot than a 3 Second loop or longer loop.  As it stands you'd never use anything other than the Rating 1 Ammo.  The loop lasts for the entire duration, so essentially you would only have one "re-run" of the last 10 seconds of that cameras footage.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-02-18/1710:40> »
Probably should clarify that Calibration doesn't stack.  Other wise the daisy chain of Sprites and Agents with mutual Marks gets stupid.

Baby Rigger

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-03-18/2124:43> »
  • The Pantheon Hard Case CCOB side bar on page 73 list it's Armor at "12/14*" and in the Standard Upgrades section lists that it has "internal armored shell (for RCC or cyberdecks) [14]*."  Does this mean it provides 12 armor for the wearer?
  • The Personal Drone Rack in the same side bar on the same page states "Rules: Can mount 3 micro drones or one small drone."  It completely skips over mini drones.

I haven't seen or read kill code yet but if the drone rack can hold 3 micro drones or 1 small drone then until there is some sort of official ruling I would say two mini-drones.

&#24525;

« Reply #12 on: <09-06-18/1645:31> »
Quote from: 101pg
ENHANCE
As a technomancer begins to thread, their sprite gifts them with just a little bit of raw resonance, boosting the form’s potential.
When threading a complex form, an owner may expend a companion sprite’s task in order for the sprite to raise the applicable limit by one-half the sprite’s level, rounded up. This power cannot be used multiple times on the same threading action.
Should be generalist not companion, unless all sprites can get optional powers... >.>

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-06-18/1721:37> »
Pssst...

All Sprites do get Optional Powers.  1 per 3 Levels.  Page 100, under the heading "Optional Sprite Powers."  ;)

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-11-18/1733:43> »
  • Pantheon Industries Mobile CNC rules sidebar, page 72:  "It also gives a bonus of +2 against noise."
AND
  • Pantheon Industries "Mercury-Alpha" Battlefield Signal Booster rules sidebar, page 74:  "In passive mode, provides a +4 dice pool bonus against all sources of noise and doubles effective range."

What are these supposed to be?  Are these for Electronic Warfare tests to reduce Noise?  Is it supposed to be Noise Reduction?  Is it a bonus that applies to all tests if there is a presence of Noise?