Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

Forbidden Arcana Errata

<< < (15/15)

Tarislar:

--- Quote from: Kiirnodel on ---
--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on ---Also what is the point with the Shaman tag on Chain Breaker and the “read description” on requirements? There isn’t any skill requirements in my PDF at all.

--- End quote ---

You are correct that the [Shaman] tag is somewhat unnecessary since there are no skill requirements. It does, however, indicate that the quality is "related" to Shamans (in the sense that Shamans might be more likely to take it).

The "read description" for the requirements is referring to the text in the description that talks about the character forfeiting the using of the Binding skill. That is the "requirement" in place of a skill or an ability.

--- End quote ---

I always took the "Shaman" tag to mean that only Shaman could take it, v/s all the other different magical traditions.
No Vodoo, no Magician, no Shinto,  no, etc etc etc.
Good to know that isn't the case.

Marcus:
The starting spell limit is arbitrary, a qualities should supercede it. There no system limit to the number of spells a character can learn.

Shinobi Killfist:

--- Quote from: Tarislar on ---
--- Quote from: Kiirnodel on ---
--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on ---Also what is the point with the Shaman tag on Chain Breaker and the “read description” on requirements? There isn’t any skill requirements in my PDF at all.

--- End quote ---

You are correct that the [Shaman] tag is somewhat unnecessary since there are no skill requirements. It does, however, indicate that the quality is "related" to Shamans (in the sense that Shamans might be more likely to take it).

The "read description" for the requirements is referring to the text in the description that talks about the character forfeiting the using of the Binding skill. That is the "requirement" in place of a skill or an ability.

--- End quote ---

I always took the "Shaman" tag to mean that only Shaman could take it, v/s all the other different magical traditions.
No Vodoo, no Magician, no Shinto,  no, etc etc etc.
Good to know that isn't the case.

--- End quote ---

One thing i wondered about chain breaker etc is that I think astral reputation is an optional rule?(I think a terrible one, but so be it)  Seems like  qualities based around optional rules, especially when the optional rule is in a different book should have a optional tag or something. Its a decent quality, but it seems you could have maybe 2 costs like 10/20 10 if you use astral rep 20 if you don't. If they unoptionaled it at some point I guess it works, but I missed it if they did.

Hanzo:

--- Quote from: Chummer 5 is Alive on ---The Death Dealer mastery quality has 3 levels for magicians, but only 1 level for adepts. How many levels can a mystic adept purchase? Do both effects of the quality apply to Mystic Adepts or Adepts with Adept Spell?

--- End quote ---

Any suggestions on this thing?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: Hanzo on ---
--- Quote from: Chummer 5 is Alive on ---The Death Dealer mastery quality has 3 levels for magicians, but only 1 level for adepts. How many levels can a mystic adept purchase? Do both effects of the quality apply to Mystic Adepts or Adepts with Adept Spell?

--- End quote ---

Any suggestions on this thing?

--- End quote ---

I think the best way to read that quality is to presume a Mystic Adept has to pick whether a level of Death Dealer applies to the Mystic Adept's Combat spells OR to their Critical Strike.  No two-fers.  And the Mystic Adept can only apply 1 level to Critical Strike (therefore leaving a potential for 2 levels towards Combat spells)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version