NEWS

Gencon, baby!

• 89 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #15 on: <01-23-11/2148:52> »
Random note for anyone going and considering fighting for rooms...

We're going to be recruiting GM help shortly.  I really should have done this already, but I've been crushed with stuff.

ANyways, I'll have more details soon, but...  GMs can get housing with the block of GM rooms we reserve, and get a large portion of the hotel room comped if they GM enough hours. 

And we need lots of GMs.  We're always short handed.  And I'm ambitious.

Bull

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <01-23-11/2156:31> »
If memory serves that takes a significant commitment as to the number of games/hours running games...I used to lose my voice by the end of conventions. At my advanced age not sure that I am up for that!  ;) Still good to know though.

The SR meet and greet is still on Wednesday night?
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-23-11/2205:37> »
Probably.  THere will also be a couple other meetings for Freelancers and the Missions comittee as well.

And it's not THAT bad, but...  It is a bit of a committment to GM.  Hotel room I think takes 20 hours.   Like I said, I'll post full details soon.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #18 on: <01-23-11/2246:11> »
I have to figure out my plans, I volunteered for 2 sessions with Pathfinder Society last time, and I'd like to volunteer some more... But it all depends on what's going on.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <01-24-11/1000:03> »
Hopefully this year I will finally be able to stay at a hotel across from the convention center so that I can get in on some after hours gaming (the big drawback to waiting to the last minute is the boony hotels). August seems so far off right now...on this brisk -13 degree day in CNY.

It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <01-25-11/1253:09> »
Well, I was able to book a room at the JW Marriott...so I feel a considerable sense of relief that I am going to be across from the convention center. All in all...not a bad experience...I give it a thumbs up!  ;D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <01-25-11/1318:07> »
Yay! My friends and I got into JW Marriott as well!

Sleep? Who needs sleep? We'll be 'running through the wee hours.

*Note, FastJack is an old man. He brain may want to do this, but we (his body) are going to collapse on him at about 11:30/Midnight.

Outrider45

« Reply #22 on: <01-25-11/1346:59> »
Yay! My friends and I got into JW Marriott as well!

Sleep? Who needs sleep? We'll be 'running through the wee hours.

Not in the room we got FastJack as the ban hammer on late night gaming will be dropped by the boss...i.e. the wife!

BTW, would the chummers on the board going to GenCon like to meet up one day to chat and whatnot?

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #23 on: <01-25-11/1350:19> »
I can't go to GenCOn angain this year :'( But I will have a house... with cable!

A positive point if you can guess the artist who sang that line. (Not you Chaotic!) :-*
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #24 on: <01-25-11/1350:38> »
I can't go to GenCon again this year :'( But I will have a house... with cable!

A positive point if you can guess the artist who sang that line. (Not you Chaotic!) :-*
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-25-11/1410:00> »
We have a semi-official Shadowrun Meet & Greet on Wednesday Night at the Claddagh, a bar near the convention center, every year.  Usually starting around 8 and closing the place down.

Another good meet up spot is at the "What's Up With Shadowrun" seminar, which is usually on Friday or Saturday afternoon.

Otherwise, many of us are going to be in or around the CGL Shadowrun room (Which MAY be in the JW Marriot this year, we hope) most of the weekend, either playing or running things. 

Bull

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #26 on: <01-25-11/1431:07> »
We have a semi-official Shadowrun Meet & Greet on Wednesday Night at the Claddagh, a bar near the convention center, every year.  Usually starting around 8 and closing the place down.

Another good meet up spot is at the "What's Up With Shadowrun" seminar, which is usually on Friday or Saturday afternoon.

Otherwise, many of us are going to be in or around the CGL Shadowrun room (Which MAY be in the JW Marriot this year, we hope) most of the weekend, either playing or running things. 

Bull
The one on Meridian?

Claddagh Irish Pubs

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <01-25-11/1500:56> »
I will be driving in around noonish or one, so should easily be able to make the meet and greet.

So how old are you Fastjack?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <01-25-11/1503:30> »
I will be driving in around noonish or one, so should easily be able to make the meet and greet.

So how old are you Fastjack?
I shall be 38 years young in March. Old enough to truly enjoy an Irish Pub without needing to call the police.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <01-25-11/1506:50> »
38...ahhhhhh...I remember that age...just a few years before I had to start doing lines of Geritol before going to play paintball!  ;)