NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #735 on: <06-06-15/1125:55> »
NOTE: Sister Rebecca's bio-monitor has been wireless enabled the whole time. Achak would know for a mathematical certainty that she's alive.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #736 on: <06-06-15/1408:02> »
A fair point. I don't know if biomonitors are something visual that Achak could see or if they are only electronic and Rebecca would have need to have granted MARKS.

Achak probably has several good ways to tell, including improved hearing (for her breathing), motion sense (again for breathing), and magic sense (for her weapon focus, which presumably would deactivate if she expired).

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #737 on: <06-06-15/1438:20> »
A fair point. I don't know if biomonitors are something visual that Achak could see or if they are only electronic and Rebecca would have need to have granted MARKS.

[spoiler]Wireless: The biomonitor shares information with other wireless devices you designate...[/spoiler]

She designated both Achak's, Eli's, and Stake's comms shortly after getting off the plane yesterday.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #738 on: <06-08-15/1151:05> »
@Poindexter, Sister Rebecca has had all of her Physical damage healed.  She's also had a rating 4 Stim Patch applied, so she'll be conscious for about the next 8 minutes.

@Tecumseh, great IC post.  Take an edge. 

@All, if allowed the magician will stabilize those in her crew she can.  Once the looming specter of death is no longer hanging over her comrades, she'll start answering questions.  Wiz?

Also, I promised an explanation for the weird dual-wielding invisible pistol dude.  So, he didn't have a great pool to begin with: 10 dice, which I split, hoping that reducing Achak's Defense pool would maximize his chance for a hit.  Well, he got 1 hit and glitched on his first attack roll, and rolled a critical glitch on his second.  Awful GM rolling on that one.  I ruled that he tripped on the carpet and put a heavy pistol round through his own neck.  Ouch.  Anyway, so he's dead dead.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #739 on: <06-08-15/1305:33> »
Sounds good.

Achak is going to be impatient, both because he's on Jazz and jittery but also because he knows that he's going to feel like drek when the drugs wear off.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #740 on: <06-08-15/1826:35> »
I'll have an IC up in a bit. Mercer's going to reply to Achak, exit the van (taking only Yoki and the boys and leaving Vera and what will become Stake behind) and come to the church. He's going to want to make sure things are cool with the gangers so that he can recover his Fly-Spy and put them back to patrolling the church.

I got errands to run now, so It'll be a couple/few hours.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #741 on: <06-08-15/1837:23> »
The gangers will give Mercer a wide and will allow him to enter the church
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #742 on: <06-08-15/2135:07> »
Being called to dinner, so comments on my IC to come later, including an Intimidation roll.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #743 on: <06-09-15/0144:33> »
Mercer is taking control of the situation. It's more subconscious, so he doesn't think about it too much, but his read on Achak is that he's freaking out and unsure of how to proceed, so Mercer is trying to be as calm and cool as he can - act as if everything is just as it should be and the sort of thing he deals with as casually as grabbing a coffee at the Stuffer Shack. This might call for a leadership roll to determine if he inspires the confidence that he's trying to cultivate. He's established that he's familiar with Stake and implied that they were on friendly terms, so that should hopefully buy him a little trust, in addition to him sharing the common enemy of the attackers.
Secondly, it's worked into his casual monologue, but there is an unmistakable threat, which is certainly an act of intimidation against the mage. He's pointed out his superior numbers by calling attention to her fallen allies, he's given her hope of escape by intimating that he has no desire to kill her, and he's given her a compliment which is a common trick to build trust. He's hinted at having some knowledge of their recent activities (he's been monitoring Tiny's comms for at least 4 days, probably a week or so) without giving specifics, so she'll have to wonder how much he actually knows if she chooses to lie. Now, she's probably not planning on lying, but he doesn't know that, hence sealing the deal with Intimidation.
Things Mercer thinks that aren't necessarily true, due to his lack of knowledge:
- He thinks that maybe the gangers are protecting the church and only tangentially helping Achak even though the truth is the opposite.
- He assumes that the last week of work that Tiny has done is a simple ambush even though it likely also involved more than that. I doubt that the runners had much to do with planting the painting, so I'm not sure what their role was prior to the previous night, but neither is Mercer. He's also unaware of the planned ambush site that the decker (likely) attempted to lure them to with Stake's faked message. To him, they basically got a location and hit it. Under normal circumstances, the previous week might have been legwork to locate the team, and Mercer suspects this since he doesn't know about the painting, but he's trying not to "lead the witness".
- He has linked the ambush of his team to the larger (rumored) disappearances of the other Hunters from Grotto1 and states it as fact. It may not be, but for now he believes that it is.

Rolls (if needed):
Leadership 5 + Charisma 6
Leadership: 11d6t5 5
If I need other mods added, let me know and I'll roll them.
Intimidation 5 + Charisma 6 + Interrogation 2 + Ounumbered 2
Intimidation: 15d6t5 5
Again, other mods might apply, like outcome advantageous to NPC (her and her friends get to walk, and she might get to spit in the eye of the lying Ikiryo).

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #744 on: <06-09-15/0310:02> »
I forgot to mention that he's also using the time and proximity to assess the gear the other runners are wearing and get a general lay of the land, noting tattoos or other details that might prove useful.

It is a number of turns worth of actions and Achak or someone else might interrupt him. If so he'll tsk them and chastise them about their manners ("son, don't make me call your momma and tell her you forgot all the manners she done taught ya ") , then continue on.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #745 on: <06-09-15/1046:15> »
Alright, so that puts all the hunters in the same room together. I'll let Poindexter get an IC post up before I move along with the magician's replies.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #746 on: <06-09-15/1708:25> »
Ok, Becca's back in. Sorry it took me a minute.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #747 on: <06-09-15/1748:14> »
Sister Rebecca has had all of her Physical damage healed.  She's also had a rating 4 Stim Patch applied, so she'll be conscious for about the next 8 minutes.

So, She's temporarily healed of 4S, which brings her to 8S, rather than 12S, correct? If so, that gives her a -2 to her actions, so her healing aint gonna be super on point. Since she technically aint got any physical damage yet, she might could just empathic healing. That'll give me Willpower 7 + Magic 6 - Wounds 2 for a total of 11 dice, rather than the seven or eight I'll be getting with the actual healing spell. How much damage has Achak taken, anyways? And how bad is it gonna be for him when the jazz wears off?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #748 on: <06-09-15/1758:02> »
Achak is at 4P. Jazz doesn't inflict damage but there will be Disorientation (-2 to everything) for 20 minutes while he becomes despondent over his life choices.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #749 on: <06-09-15/1804:35> »
Ok, then, once I make my next IC post, it will contain her healing him. Here's the roll. Empathic Healing on Achak (Will 7 + Magic 6 - Wounds 2): 11d6t5 4 PERFECT!

So Becca takes 4P and Achak heals 4P. Fun! I ACTUALLY got to USE it!!!

I'll get that IC post up here in a bit.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english