NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #690 on: <05-29-15/1239:15> »
Tiny is going to drop prone after being shot and fire a six round burst at Achak, so Tec, I need a Defense Test.  Take +2 for cover and no negative modifier for being prone, as this is a ranged attack.  He's shooting pretty good.

I assume in the case of the spirit that it is defending in this case and so a tie would go to it?  If I'm right on that account, Sister Rebecca is still Engulfed. 

I'll get an IC up later today, I hope.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #691 on: <05-29-15/1433:18> »
I was afraid of this and it's part of the reason I didn't shoot Tiny in the shin.

I presume when you say "no negative modifier for being prone" you mean the -2 Defender Prone modifier and that I should still apply the -5 modifier for dodging a long burst.

Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1 + Jazz 1 - 1 Wound Modifier - 5 Long Burst: 9d6t5 2 hits, sonuva
oo, but I forgot cover! c'mon.... Forgot cover: 2d6t5 2 hits

Alright, so 4 hits total.

The "shooting pretty good" comment has me nervous. If 6 hits isn't enough to keep Sister Rebecca out of the clutches of the fire spirit then I'm not sure 4 hits is going to keep me unscathed. I'm tempted to Edge but I only have one left. Given my luck so far, rolling 7 dice probably isn't enough to score enough hits to make a meaningful difference (rolling offline to test... 1 hit), so I should probably grit my teeth and hope for the best.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #692 on: <05-29-15/1644:34> »
@Tec, grazing hit. Phew
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #693 on: <06-01-15/1107:21> »
CT 2 AP 1
Achak 27
S 21
R 21
Drones 20
D 19
Mercer 17
T 15
ETC 13
A 12
Sister Rebecca 9

CT 2 AP 2
Achak 17
S 11
R 11
Drones 10
D 9
Mercer 7
T 5
ETC 3
A 2

Action to Achak.

I'll also need another Damage Resistance Test for Sister Rebecca
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #694 on: <06-01-15/1330:16> »
Free: Called Shot (Bulls-Eye Burst)
Simple: Short Burst at Tiny
Simple: Stand

I'll be trying one of the Ammo Whammy! shots from Run & Gun. If it works, it should be brutal.

In theory I should be trying to do stun damage, but Achak doesn't know that Tiny's already been shot. All he knows is 1) Tiny's wearing a lot of armor and 2) oh god troll kill it kill it kill it!

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Spec 2 + 1 Smartlink + 2 Sharpshooter - 1 Wounds - 4 Called Shot: 11d6t5 4 hits

I presume the -2 to dodge does not come into play because it's not a wide burst. Base damage is 11P AP -6, which would stack AP -18 per the called shot. Lord have mercy.

Then, standing to make it harder for Tiny to shoot me (at least, until he stands too). Also I want to be able to dodge a bit better should the chameleon suit sneak up on me, or should the fire spirit KO Rebecca and come for me next.

Quote from: Run & Gun, p. 116
BULLS-EYE DOUBLE-TAP/BURST
If one bullet does the work of carving through a target’s armor, why should a second bullet have to duplicate that effort? With this shot, characters try to make the latter bullets of a multiple-round burst follow the path carved by the first.
Modifier: –4
DV Limit: None
Effects: The bullets follow so closely in line behind each other that the first clears the path for the second or third. The attack results in an AP increase equal to the base AP multiplied by the number of bullets in the burst, with a maximum modifier of x3.
Available ammo types: APDS

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #695 on: <06-01-15/1402:54> »
The shot hits and Tiny takes 9P damage.  Brutal is right.  He's hurting pretty bad.  If nothing else, his modifiers are going to start making it hard tor him to do much of anything.

Adjusted initiative.

CT 2 AP 2
Achak 17
S 11
R 11
Drones 10
D 9

Mercer 7
ETC 3
T 2
A 2

I'd like a Perception Test from Achak.  Take 2 bonus dice on his scent-based Perception.  Once I have that, I'll move along with the NPCs.

@Mal, you can take Mercer's action.  Mercer is also alerted via his commlink that he has been granted a MARK on some device.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #696 on: <06-01-15/1418:16> »
Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Improved Scent 2 - 1 Wounds: 13d6t5 3 hits

Because I know the full list is hard to keep track of, I will mention Achak's Motion Sense ability too. 12 dice usually, but 11 now with the wound. Works out to 6 meters. Usually detecting people is easy (1 hit) but I imagine a higher threshold due to gun shots and pews exploding everywhere. I can't remember if chameleon suit is sneaking up with pistols or daggers.

As an aside, I was in church on Saturday afternoon. I don't remember much of the homily because I kept thinking about action sequences and environmental tactics, given our current encounter. Thanks Shadowrun!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #697 on: <06-01-15/1546:11> »
Achak gets a whiff of noodles above the other smells of combat that alerts him to a threat to his right. He turns in time to see what looks like two disembodied heavy pistols which open fire. I need two Defense Tests, as he's making use if the Multiple Attacks Free Action.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #698 on: <06-01-15/1627:29> »
I'm not sure if I should apply the "Defender has defended against previous attack" negative modifier for Multiple Attacks that occur in the same action phase. I'm also not sure if he's firing single shots or semi-auto bursts. I'll give two straight Dodge rolls and we can subtract dice as necessary, if any.

Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1 + Jazz 1 - 1 Wounds: 2#14d6t5 5 hits 4 hits

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #699 on: <06-01-15/1646:34> »
Soak 12S (Body 4 + Armor 15 + Fire Resist 6 - AP 6): 19d6t5 6

So that's six more stun, putting me out and 4 boxes into physical.

Nice knowing yall.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #700 on: <06-01-15/1816:15> »
Overflow damage is divided by 2 when Stun spills into Physical, so it would be 2 boxes of stun (taking Rebecca to 12) and 2 boxes of Physical (the remaining 4 divided by 2).

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #701 on: <06-01-15/1824:30> »
Simple: Command Pilot to park at the church near the other van
Free: Open Smuggling compartment (DNI via the van)
Simple: Turn Wireless on for the Jammer (this would only turn on the wireless, not the jamming - that will be another free action next CT/IP)

I'm guessing that the new combatant is the medic, perhaps secondary role for the decker, or even mage. One more mark and I could fail a Trace Icon action to find out!
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #702 on: <06-02-15/0103:51> »
Yeah, Mercer's been playing it safe and as a result it's not going well inside the church. The drones are also a ways away, so he won't have eyes inside the church until the middle of CT 4, probably the end since they'll probably want to slow down before their final approach. That basically means I can't start shooting until CT 5. Even if I went full Rambo and rammed the Roadmaster through the front of the church (which is a possibility I had considered), it can't get there for another 4 Turns or so (end of CT6), so it's going to be rough. I had really put all my eggs in the "stopping/delaying the initial breach and splitting their hit squad to even the odds" basket. Tiny had a little more armor than expected and blew that whole plan.

This whole trip to the back of the van to activate the jammer is wasting 3 IPs of actions, so that was also probably ill considered. My next IP (CT 2 IP 3 - free action only) will be to activate the jammer, then my first IP of the next CT will be to turn my cyber eye's wireless back on, move to the front of the van, and take cover. What I do with the left over simple action will depend on new developments, but since I still won't have any targets, I probably won't be shooting. A stealth tracker on the Americar  is an option, but I was planning on giving Joey that honor once I got in closer.

ETA: Ooh! Thousandth post!
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0105:31> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #703 on: <06-02-15/0144:38> »
Congrats on Post #1000.

For a Simple Action in CT3 IP1, you could use Ready Weapon for the spare action.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #704 on: <06-02-15/0146:17> »
Congratulations on the 1,000 post.

Mercer has a potential target. The woman won't hit the church doors until at least the second pass of the next CT -- maybe the end of it

ETA:

CT 2 AP 2
Achak 17
S 11
R 11
Drones 10
D 9
Mercer 7
ETC 3
T 2
A 2

CT 2 AP 3
Achak 7
S 1
R 1

Action to Achak, and initiative for Achak and Mercer.
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0435:46> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal