NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #600 on: <05-14-15/1920:03> »
I'll take a visual and auditory Perception Test from everyone. Ma

Whoops, I missed this. here goes.

Visual perception (Int 3 + Per 3 + Vision Enhance 3): 9d6t5 1

Auditory Perception (Int 3 + Per 3 + spec 2): 8d6t5 1

heh, neeto.

@Tecumseh and Poindexter, What clothes and gear are Achak and Rebecca going to be in to huff it to the safehouse?

Same gear as last night, except she has the clip of HE nades loaded up instead of the sawdusts.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #601 on: <05-14-15/1958:19> »
Here's Achak's loadout, if he gets the chance to change:

Achak's Party Time Loadout
Fairlight Caliban running silent (no SIN broadcast)
Full body armor + helmet (wireless enabled and slaved to Fairlight Caliban)
Contacts + Earbuds (wireless + slaved)
Ares Alpha (wireless + slaved) loaded with EX-explosive and sawdust grenades + ammo + grenades
Gunstock War Club (neither wireless nor slaved) in sheath
Qi Foci (Cloak and Sustenance activated)
Jazz x 1
Stim Patch R6 x 2
Trauma Patch x 1
Medkit R2 (presuming it is small and easily transported)
Autopicker Rating 6
Lockpick Set
Maglock Passkey Rating 4
Sequencer Rating 5
Miniwelder
gecko tape gloves
all the damn duffel bags

If he doesn't get the opportunity to change, then same as above except:

Achak's Business Formal Loadout
Fairlight Caliban running silent (no SIN broadcast)
Synergist Business Suit
Ares Crusader II (in concealed holster, wireless + slaved) loaded with Silver APDS + 1 clip wooden flechette
Contacts + Earbuds (wireless + slaved)
Qi Foci (Cloak and Sustenance activated)
Respirator R6
all the damn duffel bags

Rednblack, did you have any feedback on the items Achak was thinking about taking from Stake's condo?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #602 on: <05-14-15/2020:19> »
Achak and Sister Rebecca have had a chance to change. 

I'm including a rough sketch of the outline of the interior of the church.  IC may wait until tomorrow.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #603 on: <05-15-15/1806:40> »
This is what Tiny's mask looks like:

@Tecumseh and Poindexter, you get one IP's worth of actions until the door is opened/comes down.  After that make a Surprise Test, including the +6 mod for knowing that it's coming.  Then I'll need an initiative roll.

@Mal, your Roadmaster will be in motion until the end of the first IP of the first CT.  The Roadmaster can park nearby, or ram the other Roadmaster, or some yet unnamed third option that you'll need to tell me about, at your discretion.  Also, roll initiative.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #604 on: <05-15-15/1817:01> »
Surprise tests! I'm good at these:
Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Aware 6 + Danger Sense 1: 20d6t5 9 hits, oh all those unnecessary hits

Initiative: 3d6+13 22

Simple: Take Cover
Simple: Ready Ares Alpha
Free: Shout at Llewellyn to take cover

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #605 on: <05-15-15/2013:51> »
Where did the Concordant go? I would like to put a Tracker on it if I can do so without drawing too much attention or taking too much time.

Also, just to get things straight in my mind - there is:
1. a Shin-Hyung that Tiny came in with the unnamed guy (did I see him get out?) that is not going to the church (staying at their rallying point),
2. a Concordant that Ikiryo came in that is not going to the church (also staying at the rallying point and Ikiryo is no longer in it as he transferred to the Roadmaster),
3. a Roadmaster that currently appears to have all of the bad guys in it heading to the church,
4. an Americar that is presumably empty following the Roadmaster

What I'd LIKE to do is drive by and put a Pepper Punch grenade in the Roadmaster just as they are opening the doors, but I don't think I could successfully coordinate that with my pitiful driving skill. Screw it, I'm gonna. If they've got a rigger or decker hanging in there, I want them neutralized. I might not get all of the runners, but by golly I'm gonna get some of them. Even if the timing doesn't work perfectly, I'm going to prefer getting a grenade in there to keeping the element of surprise. After it's in there, I'll drive off - I can't face them all down solo. Maybe they follow me, maybe they don't, but at the very least the ruckus should give those in the church a heads up (Mercer is unaware that they already know).

I'm also going to put the clip of tracker rounds in Joey - I got my IC mileage out of the AP, but practicality takes precedence now - I'm not letting Tiny or Ikiryo get away.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #606 on: <05-15-15/2100:32> »
Where did the Concordant go? I would like to put a Tracker on it if I can do so without drawing too much attention or taking too much time.

The Concordant is left at the rallying point.  Mercer would have to fire a shot into the Concordant to get a tracker on it, effectively blowing cover.

ETA: just occurred to me you could fire before giving pursuit. Couldn't take long so that's fine.

Is Vera silenced?

What I'd LIKE to do is drive by and put a Pepper Punch grenade in the Roadmaster just as they are opening the doors, but I don't think I could successfully coordinate that with my pitiful driving skill. Screw it, I'm gonna. If they've got a rigger or decker hanging in there, I want them neutralized. I might not get all of the runners, but by golly I'm gonna get some of them. Even if the timing doesn't work perfectly, I'm going to prefer getting a grenade in there to keeping the element of surprise. After it's in there, I'll drive off - I can't face them all down solo. Maybe they follow me, maybe they don't, but at the very least the ruckus should give those in the church a heads up (Mercer is unaware that they already know).

Considering the lead the Ikiryo and pals have on Mercer, they will be out of the Roadmaster and practically to the church steps before Mercer is caught up with them.

« Last Edit: <05-15-15/2111:58> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #607 on: <05-15-15/2318:01> »
Vera is silenced.

And yeah, the  more I thought about it, I realized that with Tiny riding outside the Roadmaster, it was unlikely I'd be able to safely get close enough to throw a grenade.

So new plan is to tag the Concordant after they have cleared out - I'll probably do it from inside my Roadmaster while pursuing. Then, since they'll have the headstart anyway, I'll set up at range and try to maintain cover so that I can find an opportune target with Vera before they breach - possibly catching them in a crossfire. Target priority will be Mage, Matrix/Rigger support, Ikiryo, any other random fool (preference toward anyone carrying a sniper rifle or assault cannon). I'll swap in the APDS clip and shoot to kill unless it's Iki, in which case it is shoot to maim. As much as he doesn't like the thought of killing un-Infected, he's practical and will do what is most expedient. Considering they are well armed and well prepared, non-lethal is largely removed as a viable option. I can shoot without range penalty from 350m out (med range, adjusted to short for image magnification), so I'll probably try to get as close to that as possible.

The drones are still in play, and they'll just be watching the area around the church from a safe (and stealthy) distance - basically giving him info on what is happening on the sides of the church he cannot see. The second drone should already be there, so I can get some intel on where they park and who's carrying what before I arrive to help with my target selection and picking a good spot to snipe from.

Here's the shot for the tracker round. Let me know what other rolls you want in order for me to get into position.
Fire AM-47 [Agi 9 + Longarms 6 + Smartgun 2 - Firing from moving vehicle 2 - not called shot 1]: 14d6t5 5

ETA: Initiative
Initiative: 3d6+9 19

« Last Edit: <05-15-15/2322:43> by Malevolence »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #608 on: <05-15-15/2346:54> »
I don't think I'm being as clear as I need to.

Turn 0: opposing runners exit Roadmaster and head for church door. Achak tells pastor Llewelyn to take cover, and takes cover himself. Sister Rebecca gets prepped. Mercer is in Roadmaster in pursuit of opposing team.

Turn 1, IP 1: opposing runners breach, somethig about air circulation devices, and Mercer comes to a stop at the end of the pass.

Turn 1, IP 2: ?

Mercer can fire from the Roadmaster, but he does not have the time to exit the vehicle and find an offensive position previous to the opposing team reaching Holy Trinity.

In that case, will Mercer be stopping the Roadmaster early to fire from distance?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #609 on: <05-16-15/0132:46> »
He'd really like to get a crack at anyone that stays in the Roadmaster before they close it up again after debarking, but that's not critical. I'm fine with taking a -1 penalty to distance and parking 800m away if needed though it seems unlikely that there'd be a clean line of fire out to nearly a kilometer unless most of the buildings have been flattened. He's fine with shooting from the Roadmaster, ideally once it has stopped, if he doesn't have time to be more discreet. At 800m, the return fire is likely to be mild, at 350m it'd be worse, but not terribly - most weapons would be facing extreme range, which is why he'd prefer certain weapon wielders as targets. At 350m+, his first shot should catch his target unaware which would likely take it out of the fight.

That would leave Ikiryo, Tiny, Invisible Man, and 3 runners to deal with. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Iki is a mage, Tiny only has a shotgun so he can't even reach Mercer, and the Invisible Man is probably either melee oriented or packing pistols (or thrown weapons), so he can't effectively return fire either. Unless it wasn't a suit that made him invisible and he was using invisibility. The others are likely packing ARs - they'll reach, but they are at extreme range. The only things that Mercer is aware of that could gum this up are mages who don't really have a range limit and can summon spirits, a rigger with some aerial drones, a decker that could screw with my gear, anyone with a long range weapon (Assault Cannons or Sniper Rifles, or Missiles if they are coming that heavy), and the Invisible Man (which will have a little trouble approaching undetected through Mercer's Ultrasound). Hence his target prioritization.

In short, yes, the plan is to stop early and fire from distance. How much distance depends on the terrain and time constraints.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #610 on: <05-16-15/0954:43> »
The closest he can park and still have a decent line-of-sight is at about 150 meters out.  That'll get him a view of the Roadmaster, the front door of the church, and a quarter of the east side of the church.

By Mercer's count there are 5 runners total, including Ikiryo.

CT 1 AP1
R 26
T 25
Achak 22
S 21
I 20
Barachiel 20 (Hold)
Mercer 19
D 18
Sister Rebecca 14 (Surprised)
A 11
ETC. 9
« Last Edit: <05-16-15/1649:41> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #611 on: <05-16-15/1243:05> »
Surprise roll (Int 3 + Rea 5 + Aware 6): 14d6t5 2

Complex action, summon force 5 guardian spirit
Move: flat against the south wall.

Summon Barachiel (Mag 6 + Summoning 2): 8d6t5 3

Resist summoning (Force 5): 5d6t5 2

Perfect, one service is all I need.

Resist 4 Drain (Will 7 + Cha 4): 11d6t5 3

So 1S.

Initiative: 2d6+8 14

EDIT: As for his optional power, let's make it Skill: Exotic weapon: Chainsaw.

EDIT 2: Initiative for Barachiel (Force 5 x 2 + 1 + 2d6): 2d6+11 20

Actually, since we aint really gone much further, is it too late to swap that power out for Elemental Attack: Lightning? Barachiel IS the angel of lightning after all.
« Last Edit: <05-17-15/2004:51> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #612 on: <05-17-15/1137:57> »
CT 1 AP1
R 26
T 25 (Hold)
Achak 22
S 21 (Hold)
I 20 (Hold)
Barachiel 20 (Hold)
Mercer 19
D 18
Sister Rebecca 14
A 11
ETC. 9

Actions to Achak and Mercer. 

@Mal, They're posted up outside the door, and preparing for breach.  It looks to Mercer like Tiny is the door-kicker and before activating his Chameleon Suit, the Invisible Man was set up to be the first to breach.  The Roadmaster hasn't stopped moving by your pass,but you do have the opportunity to shoot, or take any other actions you'd like.  As the Roadmaster has slowed considerably, we're going to call it only a -1 penalty.

@Tecumseh, These guys are not being sneaky, so Achak's sense of hearing gives him a pretty good idea where they are, and his tactical sense gives him a pretty good idea of what's coming.  Not sure if he'd even notice, but Achak does get one of those "MARK Granted" messages again on his commlink.
« Last Edit: <05-18-15/1837:18> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #613 on: <05-17-15/1511:11> »
I'd like to observe in detail via the drone at the church/following the Roadmaster during CT0 so that I can select a target for CT1 based on my target priority. Then free called shot, simple aim, simple fire. Depending on the target, the called shot will be either Splitting the damage (for Ikiryo) or Vitals (all other).

Observe in detail [Int 5 + Perception 6 + Visual spec 2]: 13d6t5 2 [4, 2, 6, 2, 3, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 5]
Wow, didn't even hit my limit of 3 for the drone's sensors... I hope this isn't a harbinger of rolls to come...

Called Shot [Agi 9 + Longarms 6 + Smartgun 2 - Moving 1 - Called Shot 2]: 14d6t5 3 [4, 4, 6, 1, 3, 4, 1, 3, 3, 1, 5, 5, 4, 1]
Apparently, it is. Wow.

I'm hoping that I still get target unaware for my first shot - I'll need it.

A general description of each person leaving the vehicle (from my OiD) would also be nice. From the turn order I am OOC guessing we have a Rigger at 26, Tiny at 25, Samurai at 21, Ikiryo at 20, Decker at 18, and Adept at 11. Or their names could just happen to match the archetypes. The rigger and decker are likely still in the van and so unavailable as targets. I'm guessing that the Adept is our invisible man (since he's first to breach and the Samurai is holding his action). I'm hoping Iki isn't a mage cause I don't wanna hafta kill 'im. Not sure what ETC is - Llewelyn I'd guess, maybe some random gangers? Though considering that the hacking has begun, R could be the decker (rather than the result of a CT0 action).

If my assumptions are correct, then the bullet will probably go to Iki - mostly because he's probably a mage, but also because Tiny, IM, and the Samurai are last on my list. If Iki is wearing heavy armor, then the called shot will be Vitals instead of Splitting. I'm actually surprised that he's participating in the breach. I think I'll de-prioritize him unless I think he's a mage since all I really have to do is keep him from getting away and I have his ride tagged anyway so I'm feeling fairly confident. So if my assumptions are correct, and Iki doesn't reek of mage, the Street Sam gets the bullet.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #614 on: <05-17-15/1601:59> »
I have a feeling that Achak would be very aware of the MARK Granted message, as it's something that he's actively paranoid about. He knows how little he understands about Matrix security and it frightens him.

Just to be clear, during Achak's CT1 AP1 there are no targets and the church has not been breached, correct? If so, then the following:

Free: Activate chemical seal
SImple: Eject clip of sawdust grenades (technically a Free with wireless but I've already spent a Free)
Simple: Change Device Mode > turn off wireless for Ares Alpha