NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #525 on: <04-27-15/1412:35> »
The government type is listed as "Corporate Republic", and there are allusions that the government is all but purchased ("Since the Argentine government has been dominated by corporations for decades..."). The Democracia Siempre movement is described as "rebels" and a "resistance organization", but it's unclear if there is outright civil war or if it's more of a political struggle.

The Shadowrun wiki says the following: "After the fall of the Arojo Regime in 2068, that followed the Crash 2.0, Saeder-Krupp has become the major corporate player in Argentina. Its South America HQ is located in Buenos Aires, led by António Ortega, a former Novatech executive."

Lacking any further input from the canon materials, I'd probably give Argentina some sort of Corporate Court-esque government, maybe with S-K providing the Chairman. António Ortega is as good of a candidate as any.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #526 on: <04-27-15/1520:07> »
IC updated to reflect Ortega as the man in charge. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #527 on: <05-01-15/0207:50> »
Hearing: Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Spec 2 + Audio Enhancement 3: 17d6t5 5 hits + high frequency hearing

Magic sense: Magic 6 + Perception 6: 17d6t5 4 hits (rolled too many dice on the actual roll - 17 instead of 12 - hits dropped accordingly)

Motion sense: Magic 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 5 hits

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #528 on: <05-01-15/1225:22> »
Hearing: Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Spec 2 + Audio Enhancement 3: 17d6t5 5 hits + high frequency hearing

Magic sense: Magic 6 + Perception 6: 17d6t5 4 hits (rolled too many dice on the actual roll - 17 instead of 12 - hits dropped accordingly)

Motion sense: Magic 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 5 hits

Achak senses nothing out of the ordinary.

Will the team be heading inside?
« Last Edit: <05-01-15/1230:01> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #529 on: <05-01-15/1241:00> »
Achak intends to go inside Stake's place, although he's giving Sister Rebecca the opportunity to voice an opinion and/or prepare herself. He doesn't know her full complement of spells and abilities. I suppose a spirit could poke its snout inside.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #530 on: <05-01-15/1511:58> »
In other news, the "introduction" that Mr. Abbey provided Achak has commcode, address (The Carrollton is indeed the one in the DFW), and a matrix address, should you choose to check out the gallery's matrix presence, or "email" Ms. Espada.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #531 on: <05-02-15/2040:25> »
Poindexter, did Sister Rebecca want to do anything before stepping into Stake's condo? If not, Achak will go in (cautiously).

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #532 on: <05-03-15/1758:51> »
She'll be Astrally perceiving and will have her hand on her sword, but wont be wearing the helmet.

"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #533 on: <05-04-15/0046:50> »
Sounds like we're ready to enter. I presume that Achak (or his persona) is on the approved list and that the door will unlock for him, but if not then let me know and I'll roll Locksmith.

I'll let rednblack take it from here ICly, unless Locksmith is necessary.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #534 on: <05-04-15/1226:07> »
@Poindexter, I'd like a straight Perception roll from Sister Rebecca.  No specializations, no magic-enhanced mojo, etc, at a -2 penalty.

@Poindexter and Tecumseh, if you'd like to know if anything has been changed in the apartment, make a Memory Test.

Ditto, if you want to know if the windows are indeed mirrored.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #535 on: <05-04-15/1317:34> »
I wasn't sure if you were asking for two separate memory tests for the apartment and the windows. I rolled twice.

Apartment changes: Logic 2 + Willpower 3: 5d6t5 2 hits

Mirrored Windows: Logic 2 + Willpower 3: 5d6t5 0 hits

Oh, for the ultra-niche Three Dimensional Memory.

Achak would also sniff around with his improved adept nose. Intuition 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 5 hits, limit 5

Also rolling Computer to see if he might know what the MARK granted/rescinded business might be about. Logic 2 + Computer 1: 3d6t5 1 hit

Going into a long wave of meetings. Won't be able to post ICly until this afternoon, most likely.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #536 on: <05-04-15/1331:35> »
Achak would also sniff around with his improved adept nose. Intuition 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 5 hits, limit 5

5 is pretty damn good.  While nothing looks moved around or molested in the apartment, Achak is able to pick up on the faintest smell of noodles. 

Also rolling Computer to see if he might know what the MARK granted/rescinded business might be about. Logic 2 + Computer 1: 3d6t5 1 hit

Going into a long wave of meetings. Won't be able to post ICly until this afternoon, most likely.

This is really beyond his area of expertise, but with his paranoia going full bore, Achak has heard stories that hackers mucking around in your gear can sometimes have some "off" prompts showing up if they're not taking care of business properly.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #537 on: <05-04-15/1842:50> »
@Poindexter, I'd like a straight Perception roll from Sister Rebecca.  No specializations, no magic-enhanced mojo, etc, at a -2 penalty.

@Poindexter and Tecumseh, if you'd like to know if anything has been changed in the apartment, make a Memory Test.

Ditto, if you want to know if the windows are indeed mirrored.

Int 3 + per 3 - astral distraction 2: 4d6t5 1

Anything different? (Log 2 + Wil 7): 9d6t5 2

Windows?: 9d6t5 1

Yay, no glitches!
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #538 on: <05-04-15/1910:22> »
Sister Rebecca believes that the windows are indeed mirrored at Stake's apartment.

Otherwise, you guys are free to grab whatever you'd like from the apartment and decide your next move. It's about 13:00.
« Last Edit: <05-04-15/1915:38> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #539 on: <05-04-15/1918:37> »
OOCly, is Mal stepping directly into Stake's roll, with or without the exact name? In other words, are we in the condo of Mal's character, or are we taking a different approach?

If Mal is swapping directly in, Achak would comm his character at this point. Do we have an ETA on the substitution?