NEWS

No Luxury Sedan?

• 10 Replies

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« on: <06-23-12/1433:34> »
So i'm looking at the core book and arsenal and i'm not seeing a luxury sedan. I want something thats better and more expensive then a comet but not a full on nightsky. Anyone point me towards something before I gin something up myself?
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <06-23-12/1514:58> »
Mercury Comet with Amenities:  Low or Medium, rename it "Lincoln Sprawlcar", done.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #2 on: <06-23-12/1522:54> »
When in doubt, for almost any sedan, I go for the Mercury Shin-Hyung as a base model.  It's got great all-around stats, a decent price, a good engine...and extra upgrade slots that then let me customize it however I want!  Then I just call that the "base model" of whatever new car I want to make up a name for, and I call it a day.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <06-23-12/1529:13> »
The Shin-Hyung isn't a Ford model.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-23-12/1530:03> »
Yea, that's kind of where i'm leaning Critias, add a few points of armor and some other features, maybe reduce the handling a bit to reflect. Raise the base price.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <06-23-12/1533:44> »
I don't know, I cut my teeth driving luxury cars and they're pretty nice to steer.  Not a race car for certain, but not as lumbering as their size would tell you.  All part of the "Smooth Ride" that goes hand-in-hand with the luxury package.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <06-23-12/1555:56> »
Yea, that's kind of where i'm leaning Critias, add a few points of armor and some other features, maybe reduce the handling a bit to reflect. Raise the base price.
No need to reduce the handling (look how often "luxury" sedans are used in car chases, especially in European films full of narrow, windy, little European streets). 

Just buy the car, buy the stuff you want to add on, call them "base features," and name it the BMW Whatever-The-Heck, and you're good-to-go.

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <06-23-12/1602:35> »
But but, the rigger doesn't need any more dice while running from the police. Without further ado i give you the BMW Debonair

BMW Debonair Base Stats +2 20/45 160 2 10 7 2 — 55,000¥

Lifesupport 1
Amenities(High)
Passenger Protection 3
Personal Armor 3
Rigger Modification
Gridguide System

The world can be a hostile place to the truely wealthy. The lower masses just don't understand the struggles they face in the running of a proper global empire and often respond with bricks, bottles, and all sorts of other rubbish. To make matters worse when you have to deploy security forces to chase them off the tear gas is so annoying. Fortunately the debonair comes equiped with all the features needed to protect you from all that, at a price that you'll just have to let go of a few orks in your household to afford.
>All snark aside i'd never buy a Debonair but i have stolen a couple. Their solidly built machines and the fact that they come with rigger adaption standard is a very nice touch. If you plan on using it for more then a few hours or so be very thorough when you check the vehicle for tags as the factory likes to change up the number and placement about every month to deter car thieves and the vehicles price tag means the police will be looking for it. Also, no wetbar.
>Turbo Bunny

Zephraim

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <06-23-12/1647:24> »
There is the BMW RV430 in the German version of Arsenal (haven't read the book but Chummer lists it as a Sedan).

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-23-12/2222:34> »
Mercury Comet with Amenities:  Low or Medium, rename it "Lincoln Sprawlcar", done.
Um low or medium amenties is not a luxury sedan. theys start with medium it whould be a higher life style.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <06-23-12/2234:02> »
Um low or medium amenties is not a luxury sedan. theys start with medium it whould be a higher life style.
I thought vehicles started at Squatter...

Meh, too tired to bother to get the PDF open.  Someone else can check.  I'm busy.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11