NEWS

Sixth World Companion errata

• 7 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« on: <05-15-22/0740:16> »
Pg. 117, Shellbacks have both a Functional and Vestigial tail, which is not allowed  per the descriptions of both of these qualities.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-22/0831:23> »
Thank you!  Added to the list.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-22/0917:30> »
Pg 29
Point buy system states that spells and complex forms can be purchased with customization karma, but that isn't allowed in step 4 in the CRB.  Author of point buy said in a FB group that he wasn't aware of that restriction when he wrote it.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-15-22/0940:47> »
Pg 29
Point buy system states that spells and complex forms can be purchased with customization karma, but that isn't allowed in step 4 in the CRB.  Author of point buy said in a FB group that he wasn't aware of that restriction when he wrote it.

That will probably stay. The CRB prohibits buying spells as a means to enforce the meaning in one's magic priority pick.  Chargen methods other than priority pick have no reason to do this.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-15-22/1004:15> »
It would enforce the meaning in one's expenditure of CP toward spells, and to have parity with priority and sum-to-ten builds.  Thanks for the reply SSDR

autXautY

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-15-22/1038:40> »
Pg 77/91 Gnome doesn't specify if the listed attributes maximums include the modifications for Neoteny

Pg 91 Pixie weight seems like a lot for their height - random googling says a 3-month old male baby averages .614m and 6.4kg - about the same height as a pixie, but 1/3 the weight. In general I think maybe taller metatypes have a lower weight than I'd expect and shorter metatypes have higher, but pixies and gnomes are the ones that really stands out

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-15-22/1111:44> »
It would enforce the meaning in one's expenditure of CP toward spells, and to have parity with priority and sum-to-ten builds.  Thanks for the reply SSDR

Aah, yes.  I see your point now.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-15-22/2146:02> »
Pg 77/91 Gnome doesn't specify if the listed attributes maximums include the modifications for Neoteny

Likely just a FAQ item, but will add to the list.

Pg 91 Pixie weight seems like a lot for their height - random googling says a 3-month old male baby averages .614m and 6.4kg - about the same height as a pixie, but 1/3 the weight. In general I think maybe taller metatypes have a lower weight than I'd expect and shorter metatypes have higher, but pixies and gnomes are the ones that really stands out

American Freelancers.  Metric system.  *shrug*  It's a suggested average, YMMV?