NEWS

Where I have been

• 36 Replies

Eric da MAJ

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <09-21-18/1916:44> »
God what a horrible situation.  I hope things get better.  As long as you can keep pushing breath between your teeth they generally do.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <09-22-18/0005:03> »

I would need someone that lives within an hour or so of Philly to help me.

I live about an hour outside philly. I have sent her a message to get in contact with me
I'm an hour north as well. I sent her a message offering help, if you hear anything let me know. I pretty good at finding some rentals and apartments near public transportation, so getting out of the city might be an option too.

adzling

« Reply #17 on: <09-22-18/1303:02> »
firebug's gofundme is up to $4126.

nice going srun community!!!

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #18 on: <09-22-18/1831:51> »
Please stay safe, and know that people are rooting for you.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #19 on: <09-24-18/1519:43> »
@Bamce and Fast Jack: I can do the research and pricing from here. What I'd need your help for is to go physically look at the places, especially if you can get either Firebug or Caleb to go with you, and/or be the "Acquisitions Inc." representative that signs the sale contract. Given what Firebug shared, I am thinking it will be best to simply find a place for sale and outright purchase it. That way there's no landlord saying "well, now ya gotta get out" or anything. If Firebug and Caleb straight up own their place, it's going to be very hard to kick them out, unlike any rental space.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Bamce

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-24-18/2225:26> »
An update

As of today 9-24 they are both under a roof in their name, with a belly full of pizza. With the money they have raised they should be good on rent through novemeber.

They are going to be looking into getting ongoing internet access “soon”. For no the worst is behind them.

Thank you guys.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-24-18/2233:28> »
An update

As of today 9-24 they are both under a roof in their name, with a belly full of pizza. With the money they have raised they should be good on rent through novemeber.

They are going to be looking into getting ongoing internet access “soon”. For no the worst is behind them.

Thank you guys.

Thanks for the update.  Being a fellow member of the Shadowrun community and having grown up in that area, I feel a degree of kinship with these people I've never actually met.  I'm glad for them that things are on the upturn.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #22 on: <09-24-18/2318:37> »
Good to hear. Can you ask if they want me to keep looking for places to buy?
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #23 on: <09-24-18/2354:15> »
Glad they're out of the woods for now. Thank you all.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-25-18/0447:10> »
There's little I can do from France, apart from the GoFundMe.
I'm happy to read that you folks can organize to help them.
Stay strong Firebug & Caleb!
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #25 on: <09-25-18/0524:50> »
Same can be said from Japan. At least now they have a roof over their heads they can call their own.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-25-18/0705:52> »

In many ways owning can be more stressful than renting. When you rent, the landlord is responsible for maintenance, taxes, and the other minutia of property management. Better to keep those worries as someone else's problem...

Bamce

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-25-18/0817:46> »

When I talk to them next I will it up. But I think “buy” is outside the scope of what they can do for now

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #28 on: <09-26-18/0003:05> »
An update

Thank you guys.

What a relief…. I am in Japan and donating a little money is all I can do. I am glad to hear things have shifted in the right direction. I will keep tabs but at the same time my mom is heading into surgery next week so my attention is divided and I need to keep my emergency fly home money until I at least know that is ok.

Firebug, my mom is manic depressive. I may not truly know what your going through but I have been through suicide attempts and mental distress most of my life, while I can't do much to help I hope the support you have gotten gets you through and you know your not alone. Some of us are aware of the failures and stigma you face from the organizations your dealing with that are intended to help poeple just like you, in just your situation. My heart goes out to you. I don't know how you feel about relegion, I hope you don't mind if put you and your boyfriend in my prayers.

I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

Bamce

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-26-18/1653:21> »
Update off their go fund me page

We have a place! After almost a month of hell, we are finally in stable housing. Thanks to everyone being so kind and generous.

I don't know what to say. At times it really, genuinely felt like this wouldn't end. Maybe that is shortsighted, but when every night and day was so full of pain and fear it became too difficult and too frightening to look to the future.

But that time has passed. We are now working towards getting ourselves set up, reacquiring things we lost and working on things we needed an address to do.

This was one of the most difficult and painful experiences either of us had to endure. We saw some of the worst and best people had to offer. Again, thank all of you for the help and support you gave us. I wish all of you long and happy lives.