NEWS

Modern living 2080

• 3 Replies

Ixal

• Chummer
« on: <02-11-19/0958:39> »
Once again the real word seems to approach Shadowrun levels a few decades too early.
By that I mean the ever growing number of IoT appliances and home assistent systems like Alexa, Siri, etc.

So based on this trend, how would a home work in 2080?
Would the owner still just use voice commands to control it (if he is poor?) or would it be normal to have a permanent DNI with the home agent through a datajack or trodes when you are inside or close to the home?
And how would AR figure into this? Of course one would receive advertisment (helpful suggestions) as AR popups when you want to do something and your habits will of course be used for marketing. Would there even be "classic" trideo, or would trideo just be streamed into your cybereyes via AR? Would there be beds which maintain a DNI while you sleep to analyze your sleep phases and adjust accordingly?

With so much focus on implants there is also the question of how awakened people who are usually rather high paid would live. How would they get the same level of comfort a DNI etc. offer without much hassle?

And most importantly, what would that mean for runners? Would someones comlink be slaved to the house? Or the house to the comlink?
How would the recorded habits of a person be used for home security and what kind of sensors would a modern house contain? A doormat with a build in scale to measure weight? Cameras everywhere?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1 on: <02-11-19/1944:08> »
..hmm, the MoT (Matrix of Things). 

Kind of scary in a way considering that today we have malware which can infest and use any IoT device which has a processor and memory, not just a smartphone or desktop computer, to assist in remote cryptomining.

Imagine what kinds of illegal schemes that could exist 60 years from now as the Matrix has intruded into and manages just about every facet of one's personal life by then. Last thing you want is the Star banging down your door and hauling you off because your place was tagged as a location for a money laundering ring tied to some illicit operation.

Almost makes my characters want to go throwback at home.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-12-19/0326:57> »
Oh don't worry. The new matrix is super safe and GOD watches out that such things never happen. Right?

That makes me wonder what kind of household drones and appliances are out there and at which income level they are usually found.
Cooking and cleaning drones are a no brainer, but are there shaving or tooth cleaning drones out there?
« Last Edit: <02-13-19/1542:23> by Ixal »

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #3 on: <02-13-19/1528:13> »
...my decker Violet would beg to differ.
Forsaken daughter is watching you