NEWS

Mundane?

• 38 Replies

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #15 on: <10-22-10/1742:52> »
The only problem with that is that Metavariants are automatically maxed out on distinctive qualities for no BP bonus. If you're a dryad, people notice.
She's a face, people are supposed to notice when she makes an entry ;)

Yes, but you can't also take Distinctive Style/Features for additional BP.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #16 on: <10-22-10/1753:22> »
Erased only takes away negative things. It still allows you to function in society.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <10-22-10/1807:59> »
I find it highly amusing there is a thread for "Most Mundane Shadowrunner" and "Superhuman Shadowrunner" going at the same time.  Just sayin'.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-22-10/1822:19> »
Erased only takes away negative things. It still allows you to function in society.

I've currently got a character with Erased and Data Shadow. In his public persona he's unbelievably easy to find because he needs to be in order to be effective. His actual runs, Gridlink records, pictures on random ATM cameras etc get erased. So anyone looking for a particular (fake) SIN, or license plate or whatever is out of luck. Anyone looking for "a well dressed Dryad in the Barrens" gets a pretty hefty bonus and probably ends up finding his blog page.

For a SINner, its even cooler. You're Batman. Harmless civilian by day, Shadowrunner by night.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-22-10/1851:38> »
The only problem with that is that Metavariants are automatically maxed out on distinctive qualities for no BP bonus. If you're a dryad, people notice.
She's a face, people are supposed to notice when she makes an entry ;)

Yes, but you can't also take Distinctive Style/Features for additional BP.
What are you trying to say, my build doesn't have distinctive style listed as a negative quality ??? ???
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-22-10/1909:40> »
There's nothing explicitly in the rules about incompatible flaws, but I have a hard time reconciling a SINner with a day job, and the erased quality.
You tell whatever is doing the erasing to leave the job, and most of the connected SIN alone?
What I'm saying is, you have an official SIN, on the one hand, which is a negative quality, and on the other hand, you have a quality that lets you burn your SIN any time you want.  I wouldn't have a problem with it if either 1) The erased quality didn't work on either of the two negative qualities, or 2) The player has to pay off the flaw with karma if he uses Erased to get rid of it.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-22-10/1918:07> »
Negative qualities:
Unusual Hair(Blue)
Extravagant Eyes(silver) }these 2 can be changed to any metagenetic negative quality/qualities worth -10BP

Yep, my mistake, actually. These are separate from the normal distinctive style.

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-23-10/0030:08> »
Those are actually the two ones I pick most often myself, at least for changelings with glamour.  SURGE II could also be called "I'm an anime character!"

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-23-10/0424:05> »
Haha. Wish I'd thought of that with my last character. Everything else was built around being so distinctive that there's no point in trying to hide.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-26-10/0211:09> »
OK, here's a super-mundane thought I've been tinkering with but haven't started to build. The basic concept is stolen from The Surrogates.

Low physical stats, possibly even crippled (although not necessarily, could be just a bored kid). Trust fund and/or Day Job. Definitely SINner.

He's a rigger, after a fashion. Interfaces with the world via Mimic enabled humaniform drone. A Manservant can have Touch Sensors, Mimic and Satcom added and still be less than 10,000 nuyen. Its not too impressive, but it can use normal gear and he can hot-sim it to feel like a physically able person. Now I just need to dig into the rules for upping the Pilot, Response, Sensor etc. Armor's no problem since it can use normal human gear. I'm also considering moving the sat link and a retrans unit to a smaller drone (or just using a comlink) so the Manservant can add in Pimped Ride (equivalent to 'sculpt). Overall, it'll need plenty of encryption and ECCM to keep the link stable but its a lot easier to lose a drone than a body. Sure, he's not as good as a full tilt rigger doing the same thing and he's not as good as a full cyborg but I think it makes for a really fun concept.

A.A. Salati

« Reply #25 on: <10-26-10/0614:50> »
Human Information Broker, low stats, Edge 6, high data search, minimal hacking skills plus Agent 4 on 2nd commlink, good influence skills, great forgery, and a TON of awesome contacts in every field.

The one I'm working out atm is 45 so he had his eyes and ears replaced. I threw in a cerebral booster to aid his knowledge-craft and a cyber-shotgun in his normal arm for shock value as his only weapon.

A character like this seems like no match for a guard, but there's more than one way to run the shadows. There will be opportunities to shine on every job. Information is power, and so is knowing lots of people who have both.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-26-10/0620:52> »
Actually an idea I had for an Allergy Neg Qual would probably never get allowed.  But here goes . . .

Allergy (uncommon, severe):  Orichalcum.
I conceived of this as the character having a biological analogue to the O-stuff in his/her blood.  And, it's magenetic. Although I considered that the character was NOT Awakened, they could very well be dual-natured.

The biological orichalcum can't be used as alchemical orichalcum, though - part and parcel.

I may have been watching Stargate SG-1 and Smallville a bit much though  ::)

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-26-10/0640:48> »
OK, so only semi-related note. As I was working on my spoiled rich kid playing with his drones I had to wonder at the weapon mount rules. In theory a minidrone (or even a microdrone) can mount two LMG's with 250 rounds of ammo. Now that's obviously a bit much for something that fits in your pocket. Is there a clarification somewhere that I'm missing? Does a holdout with normal ammo on a minidrone sound reasonable?

esprism

• Newb
  • did you say light ?
« Reply #28 on: <10-27-10/0652:08> »
There's nothing explicitly in the rules about incompatible flaws, but I have a hard time reconciling a SINner with a day job, and the erased quality.
You tell whatever is doing the erasing to leave the job, and most of the connected SIN alone?
What I'm saying is, you have an official SIN, on the one hand, which is a negative quality, and on the other hand, you have a quality that lets you burn your SIN any time you want.  I wouldn't have a problem with it if either 1) The erased quality didn't work on either of the two negative qualities, or 2) The player has to pay off the flaw with karma if he uses Erased to get rid of it.

Erased quality is not a "perfect cleaner" and for example if a good inspector start investigating on a crime scene and find a palm print, he will immediately find "who" was there because they have your biometric data (probably out of reach of eraser) with your sin. If the report "vanish", the good inspector would probably notice that...
Can I do a structural analysis ?
(I have only one dice in English :p)

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <11-10-10/0412:29> »
Isn't it the case that most meta-humans are mendanes an by extension also most runners? Wouldn't that make a group of adepts, mages and other crazy characters at the very least unlikely?
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!