NEWS

Gear Request from player

• 108 Replies

thalandar

• Chummer
« Reply #45 on: <02-26-11/0011:26> »
I don't mind you using the idea, just as long as you aren't swiping credit for it. So, is this game a play-by-post? I wouldn't mind seeing my gun in action in another game.

Neg. Tabletop game going on bi-weekly.

Haven't said you can use it yet, khansgod01  ;) .....did you really get that from the forum?  ???

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <02-26-11/0348:16> »
I don't mind you using the idea, just as long as you aren't swiping credit for it. So, is this game a play-by-post? I wouldn't mind seeing my gun in action in another game.

Haven't said you can use it yet, khansgod01  ;) .....did you really get that from the forum?  ???

He did. From me. It's in Trigger Talk.

My personal favorite gun right now belongs to an eccentric Dwarf Rigger who goes by the name Hambone. Hambone may be married to his drones, but his mistress is his beloved Bessie, a customized Ruger Super Warhawk.

You start with the Warhawk, then you fill up all six slots with Large Mod Firing Selection Change (to add Full Auto) and High Power Chambering from War (+2 DV, -1 AP). After that, you overmod it to give it a Custom Look, engraving the name 'Bessie' on the side of the barrel.

You now have an 8P, -3AP Revolver that can fire a Long Burst, emptying the cylinder in a single shot and jumping the damage to 13P before net hits. Of course, Hambone applies both his Foot Anchors (+2 recoil comp) and his Cyberarm Gyromount (+3) whenever he fires it, nicely negating the -5 recoil mod from full auto. It's a bitch to reload, but its worth it seeing the look on a ganger's face when you pull this massive mother of gun out of your cyber holster and splatter his chrome troll buddy all over the payment in a single shot.

It's worth noting I have since changed Bessie, giving her Firing Selection Change Large Mod, Custom Look 2 and Personalized Grip, then loading her with Ex-Explosive Rounds. This changes her from 8P -3 AP to 7P -3AP, makes the ammo a lot easier to come by, and also allows for 1 point of integrated recoil compensation.

Custom Look 2 also means I can get a lot more interesting with the gun's appearance. A description follows.

Bessie is a black tinted revolver with a pearl grip. The barrel of the gun has the name 'Bessie' engraved in fanciful gold script, which flows out from the name to cover the majority of the barrel. The pearl grip is etched in gold with the image of a bucking bronco, and each chamber of the cylinder is etched in gold as well, showing 6 separate stages of a bomb exploding. When the weapon is fired on full auto, this essentially plays out as a small flip book.
« Last Edit: <02-26-11/0352:47> by Ryo »

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <02-27-11/0039:47> »

I know that. And yes I did get it from the Trigger Talk forum. It is an AWESOME idea. As I mentioned earlier, I WAS going to do other things, but me being a full time student and all doesn't give me much time to hash over things...
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #48 on: <02-27-11/1615:51> »
You know what bugs me, chummer?  Political/Legal issues aside, guns are expensive.  They would seem to be the privilege of the wealthy.
Not any more than anything else, really. 

I got my Glock for about as much as I spent on my XBox 360, and my AK for the price of 6-8 games for it.  A box of 100 9mm rounds runs me less than an average graphic novel or DVD purchase, 1000 rounds of 7.62 for the price of two or three decent gaming books, and all my guns and ammo put together would maybe be half of what I've spent on Shadowrun books.  Gencon's gonna run me more than a weekend trip to a reputable firearm training academy would, by a longshot.

It all comes down to what guns you want, and what your idea of "wealthy" is, I suppose.  If you don't buy yourself an XBox 360 or PS3 game every month, you've got enough to buy yourself a nice 1911 in December...and I promise the 1911 will last longer.   ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #49 on: <02-27-11/1853:05> »
I want a Centennial-Edition M1911.   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #50 on: <02-28-11/0137:37> »
I want a Centennial-Edition M1911.   :'(

You and me both
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #51 on: <02-28-11/0229:03> »
I'm seriously thinking about a Colt Government 2066 for my "Accountant From Hell" character that I hope to use in a game just because of my love for the M1911.   :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Morg

« Reply #52 on: <03-02-11/1048:06> »
It sounds just like trigger talk again...here is what every runner needs

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <03-02-11/1144:08> »
WOW!!! Is that government issue...  LOL!!
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #54 on: <03-02-11/1153:10> »
Hey, I once thought about paying a group for a job done with a truck full of Government Soycheese.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #55 on: <03-02-11/1441:33> »
Fake. The real dehydrated water was made by Russian scientists to water down vodka. :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #56 on: <03-02-11/1443:04> »
Fake. The real dehydrated water was made by Russian scientists to water down vodka. :P
They were later shot behind the chemical shed for sacrilege against Vodka.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #57 on: <03-03-11/0731:57> »
They were later shot behind the chemical shed for sacrilege against Vodka.

No they were shot in front of the Kremlin, thats a state crime  :P
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #58 on: <03-03-11/1144:14> »
I sit corrected.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #59 on: <03-04-11/1652:45> »
I don't understand why everyone is so freaked out about allowing a pistol that fires one long, out of control (8+5P -3AP) burst before needing to be reloaded with a complex action. ( And besides, it takes a free action to deploy the foot anchors and start the cybergyro, then another free action to disengage the foot anchors to allow movement again.)

Did everyone forget that you can just load an Ingram Supermach 100 with 60 rounds of stick and shock and do 17S(e) -half AP full-auto bursts all day long, without the need for extensive, illegal cyberware (but it helps ;))?