NEWS

My most favoritest gun

• 79 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #30 on: <10-31-18/2144:49> »
...though not actually a gun, an Ares Silverlight Pistol Crossbow with Static Shaft S&S bolts is probably the best to stun a target into oblivion: starts at 12 S(e) - 5, and it can hold 4 shots.  Give it a smartlink and custom grip and you can crank the accuracy up to 9 (10 if you use the Enhanced Accuracy: Bows adept power). A little expensive for the ammo  (20 bolts @ 1,000¥) but can be very effective.
Yeah, but with that sucker 1-2 shots is worth an entire clip of APDS in other weapons. And you can load other types of bolts, as well.

yes, but its almost totally silent, which makes it a great assassin's weapon...

(the only sound would be from the string vibrating after a shot, and you wouldn't hear that at all beyond a few feet...)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #31 on: <11-01-18/0152:16> »
Note to self: Build some fancy non-sniperrifle assassin NPCs.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #32 on: <11-01-18/0303:18> »
Note to self: Build some fancy non-sniperrifle assassin NPCs.

IMO, Crossbow and bow assassin builds are too few. Everyone concentrates on the "big boomsticks", forgetting that a silencer only gives a modifier to hear the weapon, and doesn't make it actually silent :P

But the Bow and the Crossbow are silent to start with, can do good damage (especially on a surprise hit!), can be used to deliver a small payload through special heads (great to poison, or explode a target), and when you get right down to it, are no larger then a sniper rifle anyways. And did I mention they can fit many of the nifty mods that your average sniper can handle?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <11-01-18/0313:39> »
And a Troll can now use 12 Power bows. =D With smartgun system!
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #34 on: <11-03-18/1820:49> »
...though not actually a gun, an Ares Silverlight Pistol Crossbow with Static Shaft S&S bolts is probably the best to stun a target into oblivion: starts at 12 S(e) - 5, and it can hold 4 shots.  Give it a smartlink and custom grip and you can crank the accuracy up to 9 (10 if you use the Enhanced Accuracy: Bows adept power). A little expensive for the ammo  (20 bolts @ 1,000¥) but can be very effective.
Yeah, but with that sucker 1-2 shots is worth an entire clip of APDS in other weapons. And you can load other types of bolts, as well.
...other than using injection bolts, the DV of the weapon itself is too low to have much of an effect. 

Also a "grazing shot" with S&S still scores a "hit" at base damage. The one advantage of bolts over arrows is that there is no "rating" for crossbow bolts. Yeah it's still more expensive than bullets, but the trade off, it is pretty much silent.

I find it an excellent weapon for Neo Tokyo. It's not a firearm and with S&S or Narcojet, does not do lethal damage, but still can take a target "down" pretty quick. 

Where it really can get  nasty is when bolts are imbued with preparations (we have an alchemist in our Missions group that does this).
« Last Edit: <11-03-18/1823:14> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #35 on: <01-09-19/1823:36> »
Forget the Aphrodite. I want the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki back. Burst fire with SA recoil, oodles of ammo, all in a Light Pistol package. Always had one for my characters that weren't focused primarily on firearms combat. Never needed to reload during a fight, ever.
...it's back in Cutting Aces.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #36 on: <01-09-19/1836:53> »
...one other bang bang I've come to like is the Auto Assault 16.  32 round drum and automatic fire makes this a very formidable weapon.  Load it with EXEX Handload slug ammo and the base DV is up there with an assault cannon (16) but in a more "portable form with burst/autofire capability. 

Chicago Kid has one outfitted with both an internal smartlink and custom grip as well as full recoil comp mods.  With her adept Enhanced Accuracy power she has an accuracy of 8 with so even a couple net hits can take someone down (she named  it "Red Cloud").

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <01-14-19/0408:17> »
Remmington Suppressor machine pistol with a silencer and only rated R instead of F nuff said

Wenlocke

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <01-21-19/0713:40> »
Thematically it's still the Colt Manhunter, 2050s version, 2070s version or otherwise. It may not have quite the bells and whistles, and it's not the Savalette (but then, I kind of wish the Savalette had some situational drawbacks) but damn if it isn't a nice hunk of iron. ever since I first ran into it in the Street Sam Catalogue for SR2, I've liked the looks.

The fact that it's the weapon of choice for Dirk Montgomery (and I have a soft spot for the character and Nigel's work in general) helps too.
Nostalgia 'aint what it used to be.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #39 on: <01-21-19/0812:07> »
I’d second this choice. Cannot beat a classic even if it was overpriced.
The years I played 3rd and before it got reintroduced in sr5 I kept converting it back into the game.
The Colt Manhunter had style, looked massive as a force to be reckoned yet. 
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-21-19/1006:18> »

Minor note, Crossbow's don't technically have a Rating so minor GM buy in on the max rating Static Shafts needed.  I can see a GM ruling that the Crossbow pistol doesn't have the same kick as a "Trollbow". 

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #41 on: <01-23-19/0309:40> »
...however it is the Static Shaft/S&S combo head that delivers the "punch" not the kinetic energy of the weapon itself. 

Bolts don't have rating as the DV of a crossbow is based on the size/type like a firearm, not the character's strength.

...and these bolts are not cheap  10 Static Shaft/S&S bolts are 500¥.  Pretty expensive ammo compared to most bullets (save for Depleted Uranium rounds). 

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #42 on: <01-23-19/1914:09> »
What?  No love for the Krime Trollbow or Happiness?  What about the Triple Series, each of which comes with the finest Smartlinks ever made by Radio Shack?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #43 on: <01-23-19/1947:57> »
What?  No love for the Krime Trollbow or Happiness?  What about the Triple Series, each of which comes with the finest Smartlinks ever made by Radio Shack?
I mostly play Elves and Humans. When I don't have an AI Street Samurai.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #44 on: <01-24-19/0224:57> »
...I miss the Ranger-X.  We had troll on our team who took an armed helicopter out with one.