NEWS

My most favoritest gun

• 79 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #60 on: <01-25-19/1809:39> »
My favorite gun is my Mission's PC making gun shapes with her hands and shooting lightning from them.

Pew! Pew!
That's just like... your opinion, man.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #61 on: <01-25-19/1818:49> »
...good one.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <01-25-19/1840:02> »
He’s referring to Special Modifications and Prototype Materials which allows you to change any weapon statistic, including damage type twice, actually three times if you have both qualities.
Each quality costs 5 karma at creation so for a total of 15 karma you can add up 3 damage, 6 accuracy, 400% ammo, 6 reach, -6 concealability etc.

Not sure if that’s worth it or even the 30 karma it would cost later

Post chargen it's admittedly pricey to go all in.  But remember those qualities are restricted to mundanes... so Karma is something they have much more freedom to spend than magicians!

I could see a niche for them in chargen for sure.  You're pushing a gun into performance that if otherwise were available at all, would certainly have a higher availability code than 12.  Of course that's an advantage of that's of temporally limited value... but a lasting advantage would be the ability to take a relatively unremarkable gun and giving it quite remarkable performance.  Maybe you can't get a sniper rifle in to wherever you need to go but you perhaps could get a shotgun.  A shotgun with a sniper rifle's accuracy!  Or a pistol that hits like a rifle. 
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #63 on: <01-25-19/2043:38> »
My favorite gun is my Mission's PC making gun shapes with her hands and shooting lightning from them.

Pew! Pew!

Can we apply the new qualities to those fingers then? lol
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <01-25-19/2050:45> »
He’s referring to Special Modifications and Prototype Materials which allows you to change any weapon statistic, including damage type twice, actually three times if you have both qualities.
Each quality costs 5 karma at creation so for a total of 15 karma you can add up 3 damage, 6 accuracy, 400% ammo, 6 reach, -6 concealability etc.

It's worth it Pixel you just have to believe!
Thinking
com
speaking

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <01-25-19/2216:38> »

There is nothing else for any Karma that is getting you a +2 DV (or +3 with Prototype).  At least for a mundane.

It's a pick for every mundane combat character for sure.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #66 on: <01-26-19/1622:03> »
...yeah those qualities sound pretty good, however, I don't believe BtB is legal for Missions yet.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <01-26-19/1639:17> »
Usually only a month or two for a supplement to get a Missions FAQ.  Should be along shortly.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-26-19/2105:03> »
There's a rule that 30 days after release a book is legal for SRM... but of course leaping in and using it before it's clear what's banned is risky.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #69 on: <01-27-19/0031:59> »
...true as there may be certain items disallowed in Missions.

...and it has to be 30 days after the "dead tree", not the PDF version is released.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <01-27-19/0049:54> »
...and it has to be 30 days after the "dead tree", not the PDF version is released.

Cause we gonna need some ruling on No Future before those qualities go live.
Thinking
com
speaking

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <01-27-19/0059:08> »

Well given SRM's general stance of "No Crafting" it's not hard to predict what the ruling on qualities that relate to crafting will end up being.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #72 on: <01-27-19/0106:57> »
No love for the Colt America L36?  It has the best combo of damage and accuracy in the Light Pistol category.  You can get accuracy up to 10 with a personalized grip and internal smartgun modification.  Or, use ceramic/plasteel components and still have a 8 accuracy (with personalized grip).  All that before adding bonuses from Special Modifications.  Great for a gunslinger adept throwing tons of dice at a foe...

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #73 on: <01-27-19/2306:29> »

Well given SRM's general stance of "No Crafting" it's not hard to predict what the ruling on qualities that relate to crafting will end up being.
...they did accept Handload Ammunition, assigning a +25% markup to the base ammo price.

Wenlocke

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: <01-28-19/1109:28> »
No THANK YOU!

I love the Fichetti E.A.

It's my social infiltrator's weapon of choice and modded to hell and back.

Must say after seeing your...enthusiasm for this particular toy, I went back and took another look at it, played about with some loadouts and... you're right, it's really rather fun for a light pistol. May throw a couple into the kit for when characters have to be subtle.
Nostalgia 'aint what it used to be.