NEWS

[SR5]'Overwatch'--Pixie MysAdept Sniper/Infiltrator/Summoner

• 45 Replies

mbisber

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <06-27-18/2124:27> »
this is the problem of rules lawyers and people lacking common sense. if you don't spell out in the rules the obvious things that you cannot do they will always attempt to do them.
Was this directed at me?

adzling

« Reply #31 on: <06-27-18/2203:44> »
R u running a pixie with a .5bmg smiper rifle?

mbisber

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <06-28-18/0215:30> »
No.

However, the wording of 'Levitate' should be clear enough for everyone to understand, whether they should have a knowledge of physics and/or lack common sense. I may think that some Spells in Street Grimoire are particularly silly, but there they are. :)

There's enough argument in these forums as to how many angels may dance on the head of a pin, let alone ignore (or rules lawyer) something that clearly is legal, as written within the SR Rules. But, as a GM, I would discourage such things.

adzling

« Reply #33 on: <06-28-18/1033:23> »
then the comment was not for you ;-)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #34 on: <06-28-18/1511:13> »
Did you bit your thumb at me Sir?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #35 on: <08-05-18/0516:03> »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLAIBclQIFQ

Because its relevant to this conversation, I present to you some great recoil fails.

around the 1:00 mark, you get to see some people shooting what I think is a .500 Nitro Express, which is a commercial hunting round - although I have no idea what you are shooting with it....  (Oh yea, its also a ".50 cal" by the fact that the diameter of the round is 13mm or half an inch.)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <08-05-18/1611:39> »
around the 1:00 mark, you get to see some people shooting what I think is a .500 Nitro Express, which is a commercial hunting round - although I have no idea what you are shooting with it....  (Oh yea, its also a ".50 cal" by the fact that the diameter of the round is 13mm or half an inch.)

Man whatever that thing is, it's must be HUGE, i mean one those guys was braced, at 3 points and kneeling, and it still jumped out off his hand. I gotta show this to some friends. 
Thinking
com
speaking

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <08-05-18/1649:44> »
The silly thing about Pixies is that they have as many physical boxes as full-sized humans, with body and strength is within human norms.  I thought the difference between a human and a pixie should be more dramatic than that between a troll and a human. Strange option...

That said, Pixies can use guns quite effectively and stealthy with the magic-fingers spell.
With self-concealment, good luck understanding who is even firing on you. 

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <08-05-18/1943:09> »
All I will say is read up on magic fingers again.....you are missing someyhing very important....

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <08-06-18/1329:41> »
What I am reading implies that perhaps I need more than a single spell, not that it cannot be done. You do not even have to pull the trigger (e.g. Trigger removal). So you need to point the darn thing in the right direction according to the SmartLink camera. If you cannot extend the magic hands enough from one another just use two independent spells to hold the gun.

« Last Edit: <08-06-18/1333:23> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <08-06-18/1611:48> »
I'd suggest using the spell Growth (FA p.49) to increase your size and physical attributes until you can actually use guns. 
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <08-06-18/1926:43> »
What I am reading implies that perhaps I need more than a single spell, not that it cannot be done. You do not even have to pull the trigger (e.g. Trigger removal). So you need to point the darn thing in the right direction according to the SmartLink camera. If you cannot extend the magic hands enough from one another just use two independent spells to hold the gun.

There are a couple of spells that could be used in combination, yes. (Jack lists one).

Keep in mind some things here:

Cyberware for a pixie is a total GM call. They are not "metahuman" and the fact that they vanish on death means there has been no study of their nervious system, cardio system, or any other in depth study of their physiology (which makes cyber ware designed for a metahuman system - at 4 times the mass! A 'little tricky' to implant).

For each spell you sustain, you recieve a -2 dice pool to all other actions - like shooting. So maintaining 2 to 3 spells is a -4 to -6 dice to shoot.

There are ways to overcome the DP hit, but those require both karma and money.....

●●●

Really, the action and resource economy needed for a pixie to shoot a gun is just too high when there are other better options available for cheaper costs...
« Last Edit: <08-06-18/1933:36> by Reaver »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <08-06-18/1938:23> »
I really don't understand the fascination with sniper pixie concept.
Folks Understanding something Spells work Just fine!!!
Blasting a target from high up in the sky while invisible works just as well with spellcasting as it does with a gun.
Get yourself seriously high dice tooth pick sized wand focus, using legality cheating quality, and then some regents and suddenly you can become smallest weapon of mass destruction humanity has ever seen, capable of blowing up whole blocks from the air without ever even leaving improved invisibility. They aren't going pick you radar, you're what like 2 feet tall?
Put down the rifle and go read my wand martial art! lol
« Last Edit: <08-06-18/1942:12> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <08-06-18/1942:49> »
I really don't understand the fascination with sniper pixie concept.
Folks Understanding something Spells work Just fine!!!
Blasting a target from high up in the sky while invisible works just as well with spellcasting as it does with a gun.
Get yourself seriously high dice tooth pick sized wand focus, using legality cheating quality, and then some regents and suddenly you can suddenly become smallest weapon mass destruction humanity has ever seen, capable of blowing up whole blocks from the air without ever even leaving improved invisibility. They aren't going pick you radar, you're what like 2 feet tall?
Put down the rifle and go read my wand martial art! lol

Agreed.

The small size, natural abilities, and movement of Pixies make them frightful spellcasters.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #44 on: <08-07-18/0054:03> »
Technically Psyche is available to decrease the sustaining burdens. I'd disallow using F1 Sustaining Foci, though, or rather I'd state that the limit is [MIN(Force, Accuracy)].
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!