NEWS

Origins Feedback

• 55 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #30 on: <06-25-14/1540:20> »
Well Spectre, you've earned a block on my book.  Not that you'll give a crap, since you don't seem to care about this community in the slightest.  But there it is.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #31 on: <06-25-14/1716:56> »

Do you understand why that's even a problem?

I'm trying to tell you to stop doing things that make it seem like Catalyst's vision of Shadowrun is an invite only party for old-timers in the inner circle, and you reward me with a 'warning'. All that does is make me NOT want to participate in your little sandbox.

The warning was for lack of posting civility, not for your feedback of Crossfire.
This thread seems to be derailing fast, I hope it doesn't end up locked.  ???

Stickers? I'm really torn about how much I like that. I'll buy a copy of Risk Legacy and put stickers all over that, tear up cards, write on the board, because I probably won't want to play that again. This I'm not so sure.

Are you planning on doing Character sheets similar to the way the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game did? That way we can still advance characters and not mess things up for future runs.

I'd agree, I'm be concerned about sticking & peeling things off of (previously) pristine cards too.
I wonder if it would be possible to magnetize them in some way?
I'd prefer something that would prevent tokens from spilling/moving.  :-\

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <06-25-14/1726:15> »
I'd like to see a material that is slip-resistant and tear-resistant.  Even if it's not part of the core set, I'll probably put something on my tokens.  The anti-slip material used for dishware and cabinets is actually pretty awesome, but thick.  Does anyone know of something similar that would be thinner?

EDIT: I found this product, which should be sufficient.  I'm predicting just taking a sheet of tokens, boards, or something to apply the stickers to, then applying this to the back side.  Laminate can cover the top if necessary.  At $10 for a bottle, it's hard to imagine finding something too much better.  According to the manufacturer, this one bottle will cover over 6 square feet of material.
« Last Edit: <06-26-14/1000:28> by Namikaze »

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <06-26-14/0858:32> »
@Namikaze: could you repost that link?

I was think of some sort of vinyl sheet you could print on and then cut out...similar to the vinyl decals you can put on your car. Assuming that the character cards have a high gloss, would think they would be easily removable.

Of course, as was suggested earlier, a downloadable character card that we could print out and mark up would be a good option as well.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <06-26-14/1000:06> »
Sorry about that - here's some stuff I found in addition to the original product I tried to link:

Anti-slip bathtub coating
Anti-slip ruler grips
Invisigrip ruler coating
Spray-on rubberized coating

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <06-26-14/1252:53> »
Cool, thanks!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #36 on: <06-26-14/1524:13> »
Personally, I would have loved the character sheets and the stickers to have been done up like the old Colorforms toy.  I suspect that would have been cost prohibitive for a niche product like this. Multiple size cards, a box, instruction sheets, and the like already put a dent in production costs.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <06-26-14/1619:22> »
Personally, I would have loved the character sheets and the stickers to have been done up like the old Colorforms toy.  I suspect that would have been cost prohibitive for a niche product like this. Multiple size cards, a box, instruction sheets, and the like already put a dent in production costs.

That would actually have been fantastic!  I looked it up, and apparently the toy is still being manufactured.  I wonder if there's anything similar that's able to be printed on from a normal printer?

EDIT: Did a little Google-fu, and discovered that the toys are basically just sheets of vinyl.  These can be printed by most any print shop, including Kinko's and such, but smaller projects can be printed with your inkjet printer.  Here is an example of clear vinyl for printing with an inkjet.  Comparable in price to most of the other items.
« Last Edit: <06-26-14/1623:25> by Namikaze »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <06-26-14/1953:25> »
Nice find ;D

Led me to to this; printable, sticky and removable  ;)

Now to get a graphic...lol

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <06-26-14/2119:55> »
Nice.  Laminate the character cards, and those should stick pretty well to them, I think.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <06-26-14/2223:10> »
I *think* that they should work on a high gloss cardboard finish (assuming thus is what the character cards are), but laminating them would definitely be a good call.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <06-27-14/0032:31> »
Excellent - I still wish that this had been done in advance, but I don't mind shelling out $10 to do it myself.

pmavers

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <06-30-14/0140:17> »
Nice.  Laminate the character cards, and those should stick pretty well to them, I think.

The runner character card-sheet-things actually *come* laminated. (The idea apparently being that you can write on them with a dry erase marker to keep a running tally of your karma.)

*looks at the copy he won in one of the Origins raffles and whistles innocently*

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <06-30-14/0144:58> »
*looks at the copy he won in one of the Origins raffles and whistles innocently*

JEALOUS!  Also, good info to know.  I wasn't sure about that.  :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <06-30-14/0243:14> »
The runner character card-sheet-things actually *come* laminated. (The idea apparently being that you can write on them with a dry erase marker to keep a running tally of your karma.)

I haven't had a good look at the final version myself yet.  Was too busy running demos of SR5 and Crossfire to, you know, go have fun with that.  (I did play a couple playtest games of Hostile Takeover though. ;))

So, you have a copy.  You must post a review now.