« Reply #30 on: <06-24-19/0234:10> »
Very interesting...

Indeed, but we're going to have to wait now...  :-\

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #31 on: <06-24-19/0241:46> »
Cutting Black is scheduled for September and 30 Nights for October... I can't wait. I'm definitely going to use THESE! Going to probably use a few of the adventures for open events if I can rewrite them enough for it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <06-24-19/0245:07> »
Cutting Black is scheduled for September and 30 Nights for October... I can't wait. I'm definitely going to use THESE! Going to probably use a few of the adventures for open events if I can rewrite them enough for it.

So...from what I have read of the Shadowrun timeline, would this be a new "Crash?" Crash 3.0? If everything is run on the matrix, then I get why cities would be going dark. I don't understand that mention of 'corruption' though? Like political corruption?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <06-24-19/0250:05> »
The foreshadowing in one of the news posts mentioned things kick off with Ares making a big move against the bugs, and what happens after that changes everything. If I had to hazard a guess, the corruption is either part of the big move or part of the response, and definitely magical. Like, city-wide nasty Background Count, FAB-III or Blue-227 levels of dirtiness.

(https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/2019/05/shadowrun-sixth-world-setting-overview/)

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <06-24-19/0553:42> »
The foreshadowing in one of the news posts mentioned things kick off with Ares making a big move against the bugs, and what happens after that changes everything. If I had to hazard a guess, the corruption is either part of the big move or part of the response, and definitely magical.
(https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/2019/05/shadowrun-sixth-world-setting-overview/)

Thanks for the link! Somehow, I missed that connection; not a very auspicious start for my future Shadowrunning career.  :-[

Like, city-wide nasty Background Count, FAB-III or Blue-227 levels of dirtiness.

I take it that's like really bad?  ???

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #35 on: <06-24-19/0557:31> »
Background Count means all magic performs worse, except the ones that it's aspected to. FAB-III is agressive against anything magical. Blue-227 made an entire city go berserk and murderous. If there's magical corruption after an attack on the bugs, it likely means either the bugs found dangerous counter-measures or whatever Ares did is utter overkill. Either way, we'll see how big the final damage is, but it may very well be that Toronto and other cities will turn into riot squared, especially with Boston in people's mind.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #36 on: <06-24-19/0802:09> »
From the Podcasts by Opti, Ziggy, and Deniable Assets it sounds like a Terror is about to escape. Crawlers have been spotted too
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #37 on: <06-24-19/0807:47> »
From the Podcasts by Opti, Ziggy, and Deniable Assets it sounds like a Terror is about to escape. Crawlers have been spotted too
That's what I was hoping for afraid of.  ;D

Orcish Librarian

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <06-24-19/0910:36> »
A terror? Terror... you are not meaning a HORROR would you?
Ceterum censeo Catalyst Game Labs esse delendam!

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <06-24-19/0914:24> »

What are the horrors/terrors?

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #40 on: <06-24-19/0943:22> »

What are the horrors/terrors?

Creatures from some of the deeper metaplanes, intent on coming to this world to spread fear and pain and feast on the resulting negative emotions. They are seen in the Dragonheart Trilogy  and Harlequin adventures at the least, and are considered to be the ones who destroyed the world/civilization at the hight of the last cycle of magic (aka, Earthdawn). Something akin to Great Old Ones is a good analogy.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #41 on: <06-24-19/0948:57> »
Something akin to Great Old Ones is a good analogy.
They're pretty much the Great Old Ones now. Because Horrors is Earthdawn IP and in hands of another company, while the Great Old Ones are public domain.

But yeah, basically the Terrors are what awaits us once the mana cycle gets high enough for them to break through. Imagine Dragon Eaters. By then, either we grow to that level and beat them, or we take cover in underground cities and wait hundreds of years for them to leave.

By now they're corrupting spellcasters in an attempt to weaken the boundary and break through faster...

One more thing you should know: Dunkelzahn committed ritual suicide to tie his soul to a machine, and now he guards the Astral to prevent the Terrors from breaking through... All in an attempt to keep the boundary strong enough for us to learn how to beat off the Horrors this time..

(My personal theory is that Dragons develop Cyberzombies as an attempt to make a weapon against the Terrors.)

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <06-24-19/0951:37> »
Earthdawn, the prequel RPG of Shadowrun, features the world just after the previous mana peak in the 4th world. At the mana peak, Horrors rampaged through the world, corrupting astral space, people, and anything else. In Shadowrun, this is supposedly also going to happen at some point, but the point at which it should happen should still be centuries away. The Great Ghost Dance messed with that, though. Harlequin may have fixed it again. Nobody really knows. But when the Horrors do show up, Insect Spirits and Shedim will be just a little warm-up. There was one Horror that was knows as "the Eater of Great Dragons" (though he didn't show up in the 4th World, I believe).

But yeah, that comment about corruption with the matrix going down did make me wonder if it was possible that Horrors could invade both astral and cyber space. Why not, actually?

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <06-24-19/0954:45> »
(My personal theory is that Dragons develop Cyberzombies as an attempt to make a weapon against the Terrors.)
To me that sounds like it might accomplish the exact opposite.

I admit my only experience with cyberzombies is from Dragonfall, but I bet Horrors would love to feed off that guy.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #44 on: <06-24-19/1000:27> »
The biggest weakness of Cyberzombies is that they can still die from additional Essence Loss. But they ruin magic near them, so that helps. If they could be made immune to essence-loss, the Terrors wouldn't be easily able to handle them. But who knows. All I know is that 3 different dragons all thought it was a good idea to teach Corps how to make these monstrosities.

Meanwhile, in my home campaign I had Shedim steal two of them. Was a nice way to scare the players.