NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1305 on: <11-18-20/1108:41> »
Coincidentally, just ran across this today:

Street Wyrd

Yeah that one is coming "soon", but LD had said on social media that it probably won't be before the holidays.
I was hoping this one would be out before the end of the year... my adepts are craving new powers  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1306 on: <11-18-20/1142:04> »
I'd imagine it has to do with issues relating to the production and/or distribution of physical copies. 2020, man.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #1307 on: <11-18-20/2239:08> »
My group has been wanting the new magic book.  If they have to wait until after the holidays, not a big deal.  At least we know it's soon.  I don't normally get a lot of gaming in between Thanksgiving and New Years. I am very excited to see what this has in it.

We blame Covid for all things bad, it's the 2020 way. :)

Regards,
SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1308 on: <11-19-20/0001:56> »
I had the opportunity to help playtest the magic book, so I'm pretty excited to see it go live above and beyond my usual excitement level for new Shadowrun books :D
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Darksithmstr

• Newb
  • Fraggin' A
« Reply #1309 on: <11-19-20/0023:16> »
Didn't they announce a Matrix book, I thought I saw it, and now I can't find it, hope we get one soon.
See u in the Matrix!

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1310 on: <11-19-20/0033:07> »
Didn't they announce a Matrix book, I thought I saw it, and now I can't find it, hope we get one soon.

I'm sure there will be one, but I don't recall hearing its announcement.  Rigger book is the next rulebook announced to come after magic.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1311 on: <11-19-20/0925:11> »
I'm most eagerly waiting on 'Collapsing Now'.  I hope it will have much of what Run Faster had, like new qualities and other character build options.  It looks like the racial options might show up in smaller books, but we'll see what else it has.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1312 on: <11-19-20/1127:38> »
Doubt it will include a lot of crunch, given how it's a threats book, though.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1313 on: <11-20-20/0934:15> »
Doubt it will include a lot of crunch, given how it's a threats book, though.

Ah, I was thrown off by the "Runner Resource" tag on the cover.  Made me think that it was for the shadowrunners (player characters).  Sigh, oh well.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1314 on: <11-20-20/1100:13> »
My group has been wanting the new magic book.  If they have to wait until after the holidays, not a big deal.  At least we know it's soon.  I don't normally get a lot of gaming in between Thanksgiving and New Years. I am very excited to see what this has in it.

We blame Covid for all things bad, it's the 2020 way. :)

Regards,
SL

I'll be curious to see that, my general opinion is the magic section in the core book is a dumpster fire.  If they somehow manage to salvage that I'll be impressed. I kind of doubt it as for large sections it really has to effectively become a errata instead of a add on to make them work.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #1315 on: <11-20-20/1339:10> »
In regards to Street Wyrd:

Per the FB Shadowrun 6th Edition Chummers:

Post by Jason M. Hardy: "I'm waiting to hear news that it's on the boat, shipping towards the U.S. In the meantime, we started printing of a deck of spell cards that will accompany the book."

Edit: I assume it is okay to cross post like that.

Regards,
SL
« Last Edit: <11-20-20/1348:33> by Sir Ludwig »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1316 on: <11-20-20/1428:28> »
I do see that Pegasus Spiele is releasing two books for pre-order print: Phantoms, detailing Organizations in the sixth world, and Netzgewitter (Netstorm?), a campaign book set in the the ADL megasprawl on the Spree.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1317 on: <11-20-20/1434:18> »
I would assume that Phantoms is going to be the German language adaptation of Collapsing Now.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1318 on: <11-20-20/1501:39> »
I would assume that Phantoms is going to be the German language adaptation of Collapsing Now.
I think you're right, but I didn't want to make assumptions based on translations.

0B

• Chummer
  • Be seeing you
« Reply #1319 on: <11-21-20/0925:17> »
I'm guessing Noble Knight is jumping the gun on preorders, but it looks like Assassin's Night is estimated for Q4. I haven't seen this anywhere else, though, so I'm guessing that it's going to be subject to COVID-19 delays.

Link

Building on the structure of 30 Nights, Assassins Night is a campaign book for Shadowrun, Sixth World that provides short adventures that can be linked into a longer campaign centered on a major event-the attempted assassination of one of the world`s power players. The players take a major role in determining how events shake out, who gains from these events-and who takes the blame.

Anyone else getting Kid Stealth vibes from those cyberlegs? Not quite the right structure, but the foot/toe definitely feels like that.