NEWS

High armor PC's

• 253 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #30 on: <09-27-10/1442:13> »
More like I was using him as cover and lashing with the whip from behind him/taking pot shots from between his legs. XD

I think I used you as a door a couple times too. Well... you used your head as a door knob knocker and I followed.
Fixed it!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-27-10/1450:41> »
Door knockers just make noise. Door knobs open doors. You opened the door with your head. Your head is a doorknob, you stupid kender.

But anyway, the way our group's set up, if we do it right, he's the only one the baddies SEE... and he can take a few shotguns fine yeah, but sucking two SMGs at once? Noooot so much.

Not to mention you can just GM override, too. 'Cause I'm sorry. If a grenade blows up between your legs, I don't care how good your armor is YOU ARE NOT WALKING AWAY FROM THAT. Screw the dice, GM's call. Our sniper had a grenade actually DETONATE -ON- this guy and he soaked it. Nuh-uh. That guy's liquified and his friends (who were all within like... 5-10 feet) are chunky. Especially since they were "just humans."
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #32 on: <09-27-10/1518:43> »
I'm with you, Chaotic.  If you have a grenade go off six inches from your face, I don't care if you have a helmet on you are not going to live.  Or at least you aren't going home before a year in the hospital, extensive reconstructive surgery, physical therapy, and enough medical bills to choke Damien Knight.

Captain Chaos

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <09-27-10/1724:38> »
I'm with you, Chaotic.  If you have a grenade go off six inches from your face, I don't care if you have a helmet on you are not going to live.  Or at least you aren't going home before a year in the hospital, extensive reconstructive surgery, physical therapy, and enough medical bills to choke Damien Knight.

You seem to be under-estimating how good some shadowrun armor is. ]

A tough Ork (body 6) Wearing Heavy Millspec+ Helm , has a HE grenade go off in his face in an open field. He has 20 dice to soak, and will averge 6-7 hits. Stun Damage. Assuming that you don't count the chunky salsa effect from the ground ( I don't)

While it will slow him down, it will not put him down, becouse he is wearing armor made from the latest nano-composites, aerogells, and diamondiod plates. That's how badass armor is in Shadowrun.  The Trick is to use better grenades.

Replace the R8 Explosives in commerical Hand Grenades with R15 Explosives, and it's whole new kettle of fish. 18 damage before soak, 11P damage after. That ork in on the ground, badly chewed up.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #34 on: <09-27-10/1728:28> »
The concussive force of the blast could still easily result in hemorrhage and brain damage.  But I get your point.  And I like making better grenades.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-27-10/1844:07> »
More like I was using him as cover and lashing with the whip from behind him/taking pot shots from between his legs. XD

I think I used you as a door a couple times too. Well... you used your head as a door knob and I followed.

Man that's gonna be one nasty critical glitch with that whip. lolz. Accident waiting to happen.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-27-10/1904:23> »

I think I used you as a door a couple times too. Well... you used your head as a door knob and I followed.

Man that's gonna be one nasty critical glitch with that whip. lolz. Accident waiting to happen.

Oh I know it'll be the death of me. My dice are sadistic like that enough.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <09-27-10/1920:32> »
I was commenting on the fact that she is using a monofilament whip to attack things through between his legs. That bull is in grave danger of becoming a steer. Lol

But yeah those things are sketchy. Very damaging, but unreliable. It's all about play style, I guess. :)

System

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <09-27-10/2114:12> »
The concussive force of the blast could still easily result in hemorrhage and brain damage.  But I get your point.  And I like making better grenades.
Yep, it's the overpressure of the blast turning your insides to pulp that kills you in an explosion.  Fragmentation is mostly for everyone nearby, heh.

The guys who survive grenade explosions miraculously are the ones who got lucky and the force of the blast was diverted up and away by contours in the ground, etc.

A grenade of pretty much any sort point blank should be pretty much a sure thing to anyone not wearing something pretty significant like full mil-spec.  And I only don't include that because it's theoretech, so maybe it would be able to resist the concussive forces better.  I can't imagine it's fun though, haha.

And yeah, I don't want anyone using a monofilament whip anywhere near me.  Even if FanPro pussed out and gimped the rules for them, lol.  I liked the old 1e days where all you had to do was miss, and it was "Oh for frag's sake!"

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #39 on: <09-28-10/1042:33> »
I'm with you, Chaotic.  If you have a grenade go off six inches from your face, I don't care if you have a helmet on you are not going to live.  Or at least you aren't going home before a year in the hospital, extensive reconstructive surgery, physical therapy, and enough medical bills to choke Damien Knight.

You seem to be under-estimating how good some shadowrun armor is. ]

A tough Ork (body 6) Wearing Heavy Millspec+ Helm , has a HE grenade go off in his face in an open field. He has 20 dice to soak, and will averge 6-7 hits. Stun Damage. Assuming that you don't count the chunky salsa effect from the ground ( I don't)

While it will slow him down, it will not put him down, becouse he is wearing armor made from the latest nano-composites, aerogells, and diamondiod plates. That's how badass armor is in Shadowrun.  The Trick is to use better grenades.

Replace the R8 Explosives in commerical Hand Grenades with R15 Explosives, and it's whole new kettle of fish. 18 damage before soak, 11P damage after. That ork in on the ground, badly chewed up.
Well it was an HE Grenade. If you ask me a frag would have been better. I don't know the type armor woren by the baddiesI've seen teh pictures of guards, and characters in the books. Grenade damage is a bit off. ;) :D

Oh as to cuncussive force... shouldn't the guards been knocked off their feet even if they didnt take dameage? Grenades are not powder puff explosives! ;D

As for teh whip thing... I am waiting to become a culinary delacasy(sp?) any day now! :o
« Last Edit: <09-28-10/1045:34> by Usda Beph »

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <09-28-10/1109:35> »
Lols. Delicacy.

But I digress, grenades can't be as powerful as they are in reality or they would insta-kill most things. We'd all just have dudes walking around with nothing but grenades and semi auto sniper rifles.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #41 on: <09-28-10/1113:57> »
Lols. Delicacy.

But I digress, grenades can't be as powerful as they are in reality or they would insta-kill most things. We'd all just have dudes walking around with nothing but grenades and semi auto sniper rifles.
Yeah, he's on our side! ;D
« Last Edit: <09-28-10/1116:17> by Usda Beph »

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <09-28-10/1124:44> »
Lols. Delicacy.

Hey, he has a pair of pistols, and um... yeah that is about right.
Pie > Cake

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #43 on: <09-28-10/1153:33> »
That's what I do.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <09-29-10/0113:09> »
Lols. Delicacy.

Hey, he has a pair of pistols, and um... yeah that is about right.

What can I say? I like pistols. They're hot. Lol. I find that plenty of people go the heavily armed soldier route in Shadowrun, so I try to find different ways to amuse myself. That's not a role I'm great at playing anyways, especially since I've never personally used anything bigger than a rifle in RL. I like to stick to what I know fairly well: martial arts, melee weapons, handguns, and rifles. So far I've played a Medic and a Face. I'm working on a Sword Adept right now.