NEWS

Sacrificial limb boardroom backstabs

• 14 Replies

bobo69

• Chummer
« on: <04-30-12/0959:10> »
Well in the upcoming books, the upcoming adventures sees the characters going up against Ares insect spirits.

Be interesting to see the repercussions of this if words gets out to the media and the other megas.

The following might happen:

1. Ares stock goes down hard, other megas use this to sanction ares and open up its books. If Ares refuses, I won't be surprised if a Omega order is ordered vs. Ares. Ares may be the most powerful AAA miltary but all the other AAA together, Ares is no match.

2. Won't be surprised if Damien Knight tries to wash himself and take the lead in purging the insect spirits even though he is deeply involved in this. I also will not be surprised if the other two major stockholders namely Vogel & Gavlan tries to muscle out Knight out of Ares.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <04-30-12/1152:36> »
I could see Knight possibly spinning the bug thing into Vogel's court. Blaming him and his eco buddies for it.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #2 on: <04-30-12/1621:09> »
I think it would be more of a "Why didn't think of that?" type of thing with the other Megacorps. If the AAAs don't go after Aztlan and that AAA for blood magic, which I think is fairly public because of Dunkie's will, and didn't do much when Aztlan nationalized other corporations assets they aren't going to do very much at all.

Now Knight will probably blame his enemies and try remove one or both in a very public way and in the shadows I see that happening.

The court doesn't strike me as magic savy, at least enough to know all the downsides of various magics.

Lowfry, on the other, hand will probably try to use this to try and get more business around the world, especially in UCAS playing the" I have seen this before and it ends badly card. "
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-30-12/1710:27> »
Until there is another disaster on par with the Great Ghost Dance, people aren't going to listen to a dragon or anyone else about the boogey man from beyond the veil.  People got 99 problems and a spirit ain't one.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #4 on: <04-30-12/1726:41> »
After Chicago and the worldwide Universal Brotherhood debacle...I think they'd listen regarding bugs.

And Cranston? It's "Lofwyr." I wouldn't bother with this, but it seems to be a pretty consistent misspelling on your part, and you might not be aware of it.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #5 on: <04-30-12/1927:20> »
After Chicago and the worldwide Universal Brotherhood debacle...I think they'd listen regarding bugs.

And Cranston? It's "Lofwyr." I wouldn't bother with this, but it seems to be a pretty consistent misspelling on your part, and you might not be aware of it.

Its been awhile though, almost twenty years.  The kids these days Call of Duty XXII: The Chicago Chronicle.

However, I do agree, Ares will take a major blow if the bug stuff is exposed.  Mr Knight and Leonard may make their final plays against each other.  Its time to wrap up some of these plot lines which have been around for 20 years, particularly the fued.

I don't think the Corporate Court will issue an Omega Order though...  After all the Omega Protocols where stolen recently, SK, Horizon, and Aztlan are being kept pretty busy...  hmm... surelly there are no links between the growing chaos ravaging the globe currently?  Nah....
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #6 on: <05-01-12/0046:42> »

Thanks dude, I didn't even suspect I was kicking those two letters.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #7 on: <05-01-12/0934:43> »
Typing is a funny thing.... ;)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #8 on: <05-01-12/1452:31> »
Typing is a funny thing.... ;)

yes it is.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #9 on: <05-05-12/0639:00> »
Some letter combinations will just get you.  I have been fighting with flipping the "h" and "e" in words like "the" and "they" for almost two decades now, for example.  It's just a weird, dyslexic habit that I cannot seem to break.

Bull

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-05-12/0701:00> »
Now it just makes you seem like a hipster.  I use 'teh' ironically all the time.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <05-05-12/1034:27> »
Now it just makes you seem like a hipster.  I use 'teh' ironically all the time.
Apparently it's part of his education.

Like how "Hacker" movies make me have an aneurism from the stupid because of my computer tech knowledge.

"Wow Vegeta, you really are stupid."  *Overblown Scream Of Agony*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #12 on: <05-05-12/1213:17> »
*Types a few words into a computer and a power plant explodes* "I'm in".

Edit- Spelling- 362 Me- 0
« Last Edit: <05-05-12/1217:53> by Angelone »
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <05-05-12/1345:41> »
Why did I read that as "Me-262"?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #14 on: <05-05-12/1636:42> »
Why did I read that as "Me-262"?

Cause you like me that much ;D I bought your books atleast ???.

To be honest I did switch the numbers at first.
la vida no vale nada