NEWS

[SR5] Shooter/Sammie

• 11 Replies

celondon

• Chummer
« on: <07-21-16/2019:04> »
I put this guy together as an experiment to see how well genetech can work at CharGen. Let me know what you think:

[spoiler]Gene Freak
METATYPE: HUMAN Priorities: A Resources, B Attributes, C Skill, D Metatype, E Awakened
B 3, A 6/9, R 5/8, S 3/6, W 3, L 3, I 5/6, C 2, ESS 0.21, EDG 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 10 / 10
Armor: 17
Limits: Physical 9, Mental 5, Social 2
Physical Initiative: 10/15+2D6
Matrix Initiative: 11+3D6
Active Skills: Armorer 1, Athletics Group 2, Automatics (Assault Rifles +2) 6, Computer 1, Con 2, Demolitions 1, Etiquette 2, Perception (Visual +2) 6, Pilot Ground Craft (Wheeled +2) 1, Sneaking (Urban +2) 1, Unarmed Combat 5
Knowledge Skills: Body Guard Best Practices 4, Executive Protection 3, Seattle Sprawl 3, Security Design 6
Languages: English N
Qualities: Agile Defender, Allergy, Common (Mild): Pollen, Biocompatibility (Cyberware), Common Sense, Creature of Comfort (Middle Lifestyle), Implant-Induced Immune Deficiency, Natural Athlete
Augmentations:
   Cerebellum Booster (1)
   Muscle Replacement (Used) (3)
   Neo-EPO
   Reaction Enhancers (Used) (3)
   Reakt
   Synaptic Acceleration
   Synch
   Synthacardium (1)
   Tetrachromatic Vision
Vehicles:
   Ford Americar [Handling 4/3, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 11, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 4]
      Gear:
         Anti-Theft System (1)
         Linguistics: English (local language)
         Linguistics: Japanese (Manufacturer's Language)
         Morphing license plate
         Smuggling Compartment
         Spoof chip
Gear:
   Armor Jacket
   Backpack
   Ballistic Mask (Customized) w/ Respirator (4), Trodes
   Berwick Suit w/ -2 modifier for concealability, Custom Fit, Greatcoat Coat, Increase Social Limit by 1
   Camera (1) w/ Vision Magnification, Electronic
   Certified Credstick, Gold
   Climbing Gear
   Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low Light Vision
   Ear buds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (2)
   Fake SIN: James Batelli w/ Fake License: Drivers License (4), Fake License: Firearms License (4), Fake License: Restricted Bioware (4), Fake License: Restricted Cyberware (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Middle Lifestyle
   Flashlight
   Flashlight, Low-Light
   Forearm Guards
   Goggles (6) w/ Smartlink, Vision Enhancement (3), Vision Magnification, Electronic
   Liebesekretär
   Medkit (3)
   Metal Restraints
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Nixdorf Sekretär w/ Diagnostics, Liebesekretär, Sim Module
      Liebesekretär
   Securetech PPP Legs Kit w/ Decrease Social Limit by 1
   Securetech PPP Vitals Kit w/ Decrease Social Limit by 1
   Standard Rope (m) x50
   Subvocal Microphone
   Survival Kit
   Tag Eraser
Weapons:
   Ares Alpha [Assault Rifle, Acc 9, DV 11P, AP -6, SA/BF/FA, RC 2(3), 42 (c)] w/ (100x) APDS, Electronic Firing, Grenade Launcher, Personalized Grip, Shock Pad, Sling, Smartgun System, Internal, (2x) Spare Clips, (100x) Stick-n-Shock, Trigger Removal, Underbarrel Weight
      Ares Alpha Grenade Launcher [Grenade Launcher, Acc 6, DV By Chem., 10m R, AP –, SS, 6 (c)] w/ (25x) Gas Minigrenade, CS/Tear Gas, Smartgun System, Internal
   Ares Alpha Grenade Launcher [Grenade Launcher, Acc 6, DV By Chem., 10m R, AP –, SS, 6 (c)] w/ (25x) Gas Minigrenade, CS/Tear Gas, Smartgun System, Internal
   Ares Crusader II [Machine Pistol, Acc 9, DV 7P, AP -4, SA/BF, RC 2(3), 40 (c)] w/ (100x) APDS, Electronic Firing, Extended Clip (1), Gas-Vent System (2), Personalized Grip, Smartgun System, Internal, (100x) Stick-n-Shock, Trigger Removal
   Knife [Blade, Acc 5, DV 7P, AP -1]
Contacts:
Mr. Sharp (Connection 4, Loyalty 2)
Starting ¥: 1,800 + (4D6 × 100)¥
Ammunition & Resources:
   Ares Alpha - APDS x42
   Ares Alpha Grenade Launcher - Gas Minigrenade, CS/Tear Gas x6
   Ares Crusader II - APDS x40
   Common Sense - 0/5
   Edge Pool - 0/5
[/spoiler]

Background (really simple, bare bones, with a nod toward an old SR community hero):
Paulo Marcucci was a Body Guard for a small Corp (Rackus, Inc) part of a team that handled execs when they needed to travel. He was grievously injured during an extraction attempt and the company cashiered his contract rather than pay for his rehabilitation.

He knew of a street doc through some friends and, using the last of his insurance money, managed to get himself patched up. He even managed to get his 'ware repaired, though it ended up hurting quite a bit.

Needing a way to make a living but not wanting to try and go back into the corporate life, he moved to Seattle and took to the life of a Runner.
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-21-16/2255:35> »
You should have Biocompatibility Quality.

Interesting Idea, unfortunately some of the best Gene stuff is Availability Rating 14+, and unfortunately, Adaptsin, the very first thing you should always get, isn't available at Character Creation, unless you get Restricted Gear.

Some of Gear is written in German, just fyi.

You Armor Jacket has no Modifications which is kind of surprising, because you seem to have gone all out on gear modifications for everything else. I'm trying to think of a witty analogy..

You need Reactive Myomer Pack, that or a Bag of Holding..

[spoiler]REACTIVE MYOMER PACK 450¥, Avail 6

Commonly used by heavy security forces and combat
medics, the reactive myomer pack securely and effectively
holds a large amount of gear. With a wireless
command, the myomeric ilaments in the pack contract
and shift the desired item to the opening of the pack,
making it quickly and easily retrievable. Storing an item
in the pack is a Free Action, as the pack will automatically
grab and stow any item held to the opening by
the wearer. Removing an item requires a Complex Action.
Wireless bonus: Retrieving an item from the pack is
a Simple Action.

[/spoiler]
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-16/0126:52> »
You should have Biocompatibility Quality.
He does. Without it...he's deeply into negative essence territory.

Interesting Idea, unfortunately some of the best Gene stuff is Availability Rating 14+, and unfortunately, Adaptsin, the very first thing you should always get, isn't available at Character Creation, unless you get Restricted Gear.
Restricted Gear is usually a trap. Not worth it for this character, certainly. Adapsin would be useful, but isn't essential.

Some of Gear is written in German, just fyi.
Hero Lab. /shrug Not a huge issue but thanks for pointing it out.

You Armor Jacket has no Modifications which is kind of surprising, because you seem to have gone all out on gear modifications for everything else. I'm trying to think of a witty analogy..
Definite oversight! Good catch! I'll get that addressed, since I have about 6k worth of Karma unspent.

You need Reactive Myomer Pack, that or a Bag of Holding..

[spoiler]REACTIVE MYOMER PACK 450¥, Avail 6

Commonly used by heavy security forces and combat
medics, the reactive myomer pack securely and effectively
holds a large amount of gear. With a wireless
command, the myomeric ilaments in the pack contract
and shift the desired item to the opening of the pack,
making it quickly and easily retrievable. Storing an item
in the pack is a Free Action, as the pack will automatically
grab and stow any item held to the opening by
the wearer. Removing an item requires a Complex Action.
Wireless bonus: Retrieving an item from the pack is
a Simple Action.[/spoiler]

Can be useful, but requires Wireless which can be a killer in some circumstances. I'll have to consider it!

So, no thoughts on 21d6 Visual perception or 17d6 Dodge test or 26d6 with Agile Defender?

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-22-16/0200:39> »
Can be useful, but requires Wireless which can be a killer in some circumstances. I'll have to consider it!

But it's so cool... and you have sooo much stuff..

So, no thoughts on 21d6 Visual perception or 17d6 Dodge test or 26d6 with Agile Defender?

Didn't really do all the maths.. Bad enough adding up %$#$@! for my own characters.. but I will say this..

At that point, I would say you can see the gaps between Molecules, and would have the equivalent of X-Ray Vision. You would have to make Composure (2) test to not check out what Mrs. Johnson is wearing under that Suit. Why are you even Shadowrunning? You could be Dodgeball King of the World!

"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <07-22-16/0224:20> »

But it's so cool... and you have sooo much stuff..

Didn't really do all the maths.. Bad enough adding up %$#$@! for my own characters.. but I will say this..

At that point, I would say you can see the gaps between Molecules, and would have the equivalent of X-Ray Vision. You would have to make Composure (2) test to not check out what Mrs. Johnson is wearing under that Suit. Why are you even Shadowrunning? You could be Dodgeball King of the World!

I'd voluntarily fail that test...the guy has a "Love Secretary" software on his commlink. He's a bit of a lech, I think.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-22-16/0958:16> »

You've got 5 Edge so Agile Defender is kinda overkill IMO.  You'll so rarely need to take the full defense action you're simply better off re-rolling a bad Defense test with your 5 Edge. 

Other min/max notes: Make sure all your 1 and 2 Skills were purchased with Karma, not Skill Points.  Catlike>>>Natural Athlete.  And for Armor go with Sleeping Tiger a Ballistic Mask and the Synergist Long Coat with Gel Packs.  Leave the Long Coat and Mask for your heavy load out, but that puts you up to 23 Dice for Soak with your heavy load.  Enough to shrug off the occasional hit that leaks through. 

Oh, and Narco plus Novacoke and Psyche.  Easy +4 to your Dodge total.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <07-22-16/1257:10> »

You've got 5 Edge so Agile Defender is kinda overkill IMO.  You'll so rarely need to take the full defense action you're simply better off re-rolling a bad Defense test with your 5 Edge. 
The 5 Edge will be used for 5d6 Init more often than not.

Other min/max notes: Make sure all your 1 and 2 Skills were purchased with Karma, not Skill Points.  Catlike>>>Natural Athlete.  And for Armor go with Sleeping Tiger a Ballistic Mask and the Synergist Long Coat with Gel Packs.  Leave the Long Coat and Mask for your heavy load out, but that puts you up to 23 Dice for Soak with your heavy load.  Enough to shrug off the occasional hit that leaks through. 
Yeah, Armor was something I didn't pay enough attention to. Natural Athlete was something I picked up when I had Acrobatic Defender, and didn't drop when I made the switch. (I keep forgetting Acrobatic Defender only uses the skill rating not the entire Gymnastics pool!) So, that's a good note.

Oh, and Narco plus Novacoke and Psyche.  Easy +4 to your Dodge total.
With only 4 dice for Addiction tests...I think I'll avoid drugs.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-22-16/1320:40> »
Most drugs won't require a test if you wait enough Weeks between each use. Both Novacoke and Psyche only require 2 weeks to prevent the test. In fact with Novacoke you can take up to 2 doses in a week (3 for Psyche) without having to make an addiction test if you wait 2 weeks after that.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-22-16/1408:24> »
I've got a very similar build for a Samurai, with Drugs you've got almost guaranteed 3 actions (9 Reaction, 8 Intuition, Synaptic booster 18+2d6).  With ReaKt you're at 20 Dice Defense tests.  Usually when I blitz it's because the boost drugs aren't running.  Blitzing is "only" 3 extra dice, so around a 70% chance of getting an additional action with a sliver of a chance of picking up 2.  Given that most combats only last a single turn it's rare I find myself needing a 4th action.  And you can Blitz anytime, so if you can, wait till your 3rd action to roll the dice.  YMMV.

Anyway, with Pharma grade and Narco the Crashes and Addiction tests are manageable if your table takes a couple weeks between runs.  If your runs tend to last a couple days and you usually only have a few days to a week of down time between runs, drugs are bad yo.  Table dependent.

Also if your GM feels the Addiction rules are to exploitable (and they are) then you should pass.  But +2 Intuition, +2 Logic, +2 Reaction, +2 Charisma, +1 Perception and HPT 1 for less than 20k Nuyen is a heck of a deal.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-22-16/1622:20> »
with Drugs

Synaptic booster

Do you mean Synaptic Acceleration? Because Synaptic Booster is incompatible with Drugs.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-22-16/1637:48> »
Synaptic initiative booster thinger that gives you 1d6+1 Initiative and +1 Defense tests.  Accelerator or Booster or whatever that one from Chrome Flesh is.  That one.

:P

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <07-22-16/1802:01> »
Synaptic initiative booster thinger that gives you 1d6+1 Initiative and +1 Defense tests.  Accelerator or Booster or whatever that one from Chrome Flesh is.  That one.

:P

You're referring to "Synaptic Acceleration" Genetech. It's basically what I started building Gene Freak around.