NEWS

[SR5] Prime Runner Character Creation

• 6 Replies

Icehawk

• Newb
« on: <08-21-13/1246:32> »
Hi Chummers,

I just started running a 5th gen game. This is the first time we have given it a shot. I am letting the group start with prime runners and was wondering what people think about allowing a technomancer to take submersion at character gen. I know they can't take it normally, but since they are supposed to be established runner should this be an exception?

Thanks,

Icehawk

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-21-13/1259:24> »
You are free to houserule it, although I'd still have an "ick" feeling about it myself, since skills ratings are still limited to 6 even with Prime Runners. You might want to look into giving them a bit of nuyen and karma to do some pre-game character advancement, instead.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-21-13/1410:18> »
It would definitely be a house rule issue, but for a Prime Runner game I'd probably allow it.

SoulGambit

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-21-13/1502:56> »
^ Same. Bull even said that while technically not allowed, he'd allow Submersion / Initiation in his games.

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-21-13/1846:49> »
I'd allow it. Then again, I allow it for any game, as I find the costs for submersion/initiation to be balanced enough. (But I wouldn't let them increase Magic/Resonance to the new limit)

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-21-13/1857:29> »
I'd allow it. Then again, I allow it for any game, as I find the costs for submersion/initiation to be balanced enough. (But I wouldn't let them increase Magic/Resonance to the new limit)
Given that Initiation/Submersion would only happen in Step 7, after everything else, you'd need 48 Karma to Initiate once and raise it from 6 to 7 (which Exceptional Attribute already covers for 14 and an attribute point). or 67 Karma and an attribute point to raise it from 6 to 8, which is theoretically possible for Prime Runners, but not nearly as useful as just Initiating/Submerging 3 times for 48 Karma.

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-13/1909:03> »
It's stick with the additional grades, myself.  Gives you something to grow into.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie