NEWS

Trojans

• 20 Replies

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« on: <02-01-16/0120:02> »
I don't know why, but when I went onto the chat after 11PM Mountain tonight, I just got hit by over a half-dozen trojans going from page to page.  It hasn't happened before, is anyone else having the same problem?
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-02-16/1630:54> »
When using Chrome, it is flagged:

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on www.shadowruntabletop.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your Mac that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).
  Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide details
Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on www.shadowruntabletop.com. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from www.shadowruntabletop.com, a known malware distributor.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this unsafe site before the dangerous programs have been removed.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-02-16/1634:36> »
The malicious content comes from www.shadowruntabletop.com, a known malware distributor.
Heh. Heh heh heh...

Someone take out a contract to get rid of those pesky dissonants over at the shadowruntabletop node!

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-02-16/1722:30> »
No problems with the shadowrun site but I'm getting warnings from the battletech site.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-03-16/0859:53> »
Well, can now get to the forums w/ Chrome, but the SR website is still flagged...weird.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #5 on: <02-03-16/1159:18> »
I've been using Chrome for the site for years now, but the day I posted this thread it spammed Trojan threats.  Keep in mind, it has only happened three times now when I log on.  Sometimes it does, usually it doesn't. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-03-16/1241:00> »
I never had it, and I use Chrome at work.  Maybe the firewall at work keeps the alerts down.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #7 on: <02-04-16/1741:55> »
I'm getting phishing alerts on iOS Safari (iPhone 5s)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Matrix

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-04-16/1813:44> »
I've also just gotten a phishing/malware alert using Firefox.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <02-04-16/1859:20> »
Got the same warning.
You should REALLY have your TechAdmin check your site, this is neither funny, nor a thing to ignore.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-05-16/0141:29> »
Now I got it too.  sounds very strange I must say.  None of the other forums I visit have it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

adamu

« Reply #11 on: <02-05-16/0744:08> »
Yeah, I am on at work (massive bank firewalls?), but my Mac at home (Safari) nor my Samsung in my pocket will let me near this site for all the malware warnings.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #12 on: <02-05-16/1517:19> »
My laptop really doesn't like this, is there a problem? Or is this just prank?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-05-16/1950:51> »
Just as a heads up, TPB are aware of this and looking to get it sorted. I don't have any details as to the cause of the issue, but will advise when I do.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-07-16/1629:13> »
Just a heads up that Firefox on my tablet is still freaking out over the site.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor