NEWS

[5e OOC] It Started at the Belmont

• 1239 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #30 on: <08-01-14/1135:07> »
Whoops, just realized Guard is a Physical power, so the spirit would have to physically manifest to do that. All right, back to look at services.

I'll edit this post when I figure out what I want it to do.

EDIT:
Ah, sweet. Spirits don't take sustaining penalties for innate powers, and it doesn't need to maintain line of sight. This means that the Spirit can materialize, use the power (Complex Action, Sustained), and then revert to the Astral Plane and wait for me.

I'll also switch Fear to Movement as an optional power; forgot that Fear is an opposed test and with 6 dice, it ain't likely to scare many people at all. Movement, on the other hand, is hugely beneficial to Loki with his Agility of 2. Since a Force 3 Spirit has Magic 3, the Spirit can triple Loki's movement rate from 4m/8m to 12m/24m as I read it. Let me know if the multiplier works differently, but I read the section that states that the power can be used to "multiply or divide the target’s movement rate by up to its Magic attribute." results in the above in the case of a Force 3 spirit.

So, I'll have the Spirit Sustain two powers on Loki, Guard and Movement, and though it isn't spelled out doubt I have to use an actual service to get it to follow me, so I'll save the last service for later (or the Guard power won't be of much use :) ).
« Last Edit: <08-01-14/1152:29> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #31 on: <08-01-14/1139:04> »
heh, hopeless aint even GOT a car.

time for a taxi, maybe?

Maybe.  Where would Hopeless be taking a taxi?

From Dr Ken to the meet.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #32 on: <08-01-14/1223:30> »
@martin, that sounds ok to me.  I'm not terribly good with the magic rules, so I will defer to your experience here.  And no, I don't think "follow me" counts as a service. 

@Poindexter, so you want to take the mag to see Dr. Ken, and a taxi to get back?  That cab ride is about 175 km.  I'm thinking something like 250 nuyen before tip for the fare.  Does that sound fair or extravagant to you?  On the plus side, the nice long car ride back would be plenty for Hopeless to regain his bearings and be back to his normal self before the meet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <08-01-14/1232:02> »
That cab ride is about 175 km.  I'm thinking something like 250 nuyen before tip for the fare.  Does that sound fair or extravagant to you? 

cabs are never fairly priced.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #34 on: <08-01-14/1254:40> »
@Poindexter, hahaha.  Ok, we'll go with it.  I'll set up the IC meet and put you two together, so you can find out what the jive is. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #35 on: <08-01-14/1542:10> »
@All, please list what gear you're takin with you to the Belmont. You'll need to be broadcasting a SIN to get in.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <08-01-14/1705:04> »
Breeze is wearing a armor vest, has his Colt America L36 in a concealable holster under his vest and a survival knife on his hip.
Contacts, commlink, silver credstick, trodes, ar gloves, subvocal mic, respirator and tag eraser on and/or in various places.
SIN is rating 3.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <08-01-14/1847:05> »
Negotiate roll with Dr Ken.

Giving myself +2 for target friendly, -1 for outcome annoying
Negotiation with Dr Ken: 4d6t5 1

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

martinchaen

« Reply #38 on: <08-01-14/2207:44> »
Loki is bringing the following gear (Red is Restricted Gear for which he has no license, Green is Restricted Gear for which he does have a license).
He'll look something like this.

Worn:
Clothing (sneakers, jeans, t-shirt, hoodie; cheap stuff worth 100¥)
Lined Coat (Nonconductivity 4, Shock Weave)
SecureTech PPP Vitals Kit (strapped on underneath his clothing)
Summoning Focus (Force 1, inactive)
Trodes
Various jewelry (charm bracelets, necklace, rings; "counts as" 50x Reagents if the GM allows it)

Carried and/or concealed in interior pockets of the Lined Coat:
Ballistic Mask (w/Flare Compensation, Vision Magnification, Respirator (Rating 6))
Certified Credstick, Silver
2x Certified Credstick, Standard
Meta Link, not running silent and broadcasting:
   Fake SIN (Rating 4; Alan Walker, UCAS)
   3x Fake License (Rating 4; Registered Magician, Registered Summoner, Talismonger Permit)
1x Psyche
Small case containing:
   10 Injection Darts (5x Narcojet, 5x Rocuronium

Left at home:
Survival Kit containing the usual stuff plus
   Shock Gloves

Loki would assense people when he arrived at the Hotel (security guards, receptionist, staff, guests), and again as he sat down at the bar.
Assensing [9]: Aura Reading +2: 12d6t5 3 12d6t5 2
3 and 2 hits, respectively.

If the MAD scanner goes off, he'll just jingle his bracelets and pull out his (completely legal) ballistic mask, and try to Con his way past security somehow ("Can't be too careful these days, officer. Anyway, no weapons here!" kind of thing):
Con [9]: First Impression +2: 16d6t5 6
6 hits, last 7 dice were not hits, so even if the guard is particularly investigative I think Loki can smoothtalk his way past without incident.

The only really illegal thing on him is the injection darts full of paralytics :)
Well, and the fake SIN and licenses, of course...

Oh, and trying to schmooze with some of the ladies in the hotel bar; he's not looking for actual romance just potential marks, so he'll start with whomever he thinks looks rich and single (i.e. no wedding or engagement rings). He'll ask them their name, compliment them on how they make their clothing look good, and pretend to be new in town, looking for some fun and maybe they can help him suggest something, you know, the usual pickup-artist stuff. I figure he can get to 3 women in 30 minutes (10 minutes each), but that's obviously up to you, rednblack.
Con [9]: Seduction +2, First Impression +2: 18d6t5 7 18d6t5 7 18d6t5 6
« Last Edit: <08-01-14/2303:35> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <08-01-14/2340:59> »
@All, please list what gear you're takin with you to the Belmont. You'll need to be broadcasting a SIN to get in.

Wearing

Tan cargo pants
Faded green T shirt with "Just Taste It" written in white letters
Black and white discount store sneakers. The sole is separating a bit under the right toe and flaps if he isn't careful.
Texas A&M shoulder bag.

Carrying/Hidden

Armor Jacket, monochrome set to drab dark brown, corduroy pattern. Draped over arm.
Transys Avalon, subvocal mic, and ear buds in right front pants pocket. Comm is broadcasting whatever SIN i can squeeze from Dr Ken.
Ziplock baggie full of stones in left front pants pocket. 15 drams of reagents
Gasmask, flashlight, trauma patch, and helmet in the shoulder bag.
Stun Baton hidden in pant leg. Restricted, no license. (Concealment roll after list)
1 High explosive grenade hidden in each shoe. Forbidden, no license. WIRELESS OFF!!! (Concealment roll after list)
If the meet turns out to be someplace nice, the baton and grenades will be left at home, or in dr kens car, if he's willing to wait.
If that is the case, I'll also bring along the rotodrone with a full load of gel rounds, but leave it with him in the car. Not cause Ian thinks there will be any drama, but because he's not sure if he'll have a chance to go home and get these things after the meet.

Palming+Agi to hide the baton: 6d6t5 2 Observers will get +2 dice to detect the baton, due to its size.

Palming + Agi to hide the grenades: 6d6t5 3

I know its supposed to be an opposed roll when/if someone checks me over, but i figured I'd simplify by making my side of it early, in case you needed it.
NOTE: should someone seem like they may find the grenades, i may/will probably spend an edge to push the limit. This'll give me an extra 8 dice after the fact.
« Last Edit: <08-02-14/1651:19> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

martinchaen

« Reply #40 on: <08-02-14/1456:24> »
Poindexter
Using Edge to get 4 net hits (AKA the Smackdown rule, page 57) requires you to BURN a point of Edge, just FYI.
« Last Edit: <08-02-14/1503:20> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <08-02-14/1543:04> »
Poindexter
Using Edge to get 4 net hits (AKA the Smackdown rule, page 57) requires you to BURN a point of Edge, just FYI.

Ah yes, so it does. In that case, lets amend that to "push the limit" as that only needs an expenditure.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #42 on: <08-02-14/1621:40> »
Marcus is going to the meet wearing some decently clean clothes for a 100 dollar outfit, his lined coat that has seen better days, his boot knife tucked away in his boot to be hidden until needed, the combat knife would be hidden on him also, but he would have to really on the coat to keep it hidden and the survival knife he would leave behind for now as two knives should be enough in case of trouble. His glasses would be worn with him and the helmet would be brought along, though not worn. Not like it was odd to see a man wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle, but wearing it after riding does. He would have his Hermes Ikon, Sub-vocal mic, and credstick with him with his fake sin slotted in for his identity.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <08-03-14/0434:41> »
http://orokos.com/roll/211723#

http://orokos.com/roll/211723

orokos hates me ... lol.

On 16 dice 2 hits to fast talk the pimp.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #44 on: <08-04-14/1153:24> »
@Poindexter,

Hopeless should get another +2 for his social tests involving Dr. Ken. -- I'll let you figure out the math on where that comes from -- and I'd like to treat each of his requests as a separate roll.  Loaning his SIN is going to a be an annoyance, so we'll have the roll you made count for that, plus this: +2 dice for Hopeless: 2d6h5 0.  Ok, no help there, but still no glitch.

This roll will be for the ride, which will not put out Dr. Ken too much because he really wants this job done and to get square again, though putting himself at all into this mix is rather scary.  Negotiation with Dr. Ken for ride: 7d6h5 3

Dr. Ken's rolls.  It doesn't look like you're getting the SIN.
Opposed Negotiation, SIN: 5d6h5 5
The ride looks better.
Opposed Negotiation, ride: 5d6h5 2

@Horsemen, although loquacious, the pimp isn't going to let her go that easily.  Also, still waiting to hear what you'll bring to the meet when this fiasco is done with.
Opposed Con: 4d6h5 2

@Breeze, no trouble getting in.
Breeze: 3d6h5 0

@Loki, what have we here?
Loki: 3d6h5 2
Opposed Con, -1 subject is distracted, and there's no way the doorman can hit 6, so in you go.
What kind of game are you looking to run on the ladies?  The first looks like a party girl, but she turns out to be a bit weepy.  It turns out her beau was the target of a recent extraction from Saeder-Krup.  In her present state, you could probably pump for info pretty easily, but doing so with a light touch may make your chance to hit number 3 impossible.  The second lady is a young professional who claims to do IT acquisitions, whatever that means.  The third is a very attractive elf in riding leathers who has tactfully shooed away 3 gentlemen before you approach.

@Hopeless,my guess is that Hopeless will leave the gear with Dr. Ken, as the Belmont is a pretty nice place.  You tell me.

@Marcus, the MAD hits on the knives.
Marcus: 3d6h5 2

@All, does it look like I did the MAD scanner correctly.  It's a rating 3.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal