NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #120 on: <02-05-15/1406:27> »
500-800 is a lot of cred. Of course, you've got to keep in mind he's gotta be guessing you're only there for 1 thing with an assault rifle, and he has some potential loyalty issues on his side as well.

Mhmmm. It sure is. The thing is, if I'm practically smuggling an Assault Rifle into a club full of people that is potentially run by a crime syndicate ... well, I need to be convincing.

As for demeanor and language, a Perception test will work.

I'm going to add Specifically Looking and Visual stuff; if they need to be taken off, just tell me.

Perception (6) + Intuition (5) + Specialization (2) + Vision Enhancement (3) + Specifically Looking (3): 19d6t5 7 [2, 5, 6, 2, 3, 1, 4, 4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 6, 4, 5, 3, 4, 2, 5]

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #121 on: <02-05-15/1436:25> »
I feel like 5-800 is a little low. This is something that can get the guy fired, maybe killed. I don't think three little digits is gonna work.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #122 on: <02-05-15/1559:47> »
I feel like 5-800 is a little low. This is something that can get the guy fired, maybe killed. I don't think three little digits is gonna work.

I know, I really have no idea how much to go for. Sure, I can try and con my way past him or intimidate him, but I have the feeling that will call down security rather than solve the problem. Bribing seems like the most effective way, and considering we would get approximately 22,500 nuyen split 4 ways (so 5,625 nuyen each) from the 3 vampires, I'm willing to go higher. Like maybe 1200-1500.

I just don't know, as a player, what the appropriate amount would be. I would assume Stake would know though.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #123 on: <02-05-15/1717:22> »
The elf is Japanese, young, and on the tall side, even for an elf.  The fit of his pants tells Stake that he buys off the rack, though he also probably buys new.  The thing Stake really knows is the augmenations.  The guy's had his ears done, which is probably a great benefit in a place like this.  Hell, he could even be listening to Faust while the DJ inside is blaring all that other stuff.  Even in the dark as he approaches, Stake can tell the ears were purchased used.  Still, it's not he most common thing to have done, so he could be a collector, which would point toward higher earner.  The demeanor says, "Approach with caution, and don't fuck up," which is, of course, the demeanor he's paid to put off.

Stake would know that coming into the club in full armor is one thing.  This is the Barrens, even if it's also Touristville, but trying to get an assault rifle through the door is something else entirely.  These could be his friends inside, or people he hates, but even if it's the latter about the only way he'd be willing to play ball is with some guarantee that it never came back on him.  Without that caveat being met you're probably looking at no-dice unless you're willing to throw the kind of money at the guy that's going to let him set up a new life for himself in Winnipeg. 

Unless Stake is supposed to be there with that assault rifle. 

Anyway, you had a pretty solid roll with your Perception Test, so if I missed something specific that you'd like to know, ask away. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <02-05-15/2335:44> »
8-bit, roll Palming 1! That'll totally work. Maybe some supporting evidence from the comm chatter Elijah hacked earlier. (Names of guards, or key details, "so-and-so sent for me", etc.)

Charisma 8 + Acting 1 + Tailored Pheremones 3 + Japanese might have a shot.

I have three lifestyles but I presume that I should only roll starting nuyen for one of them.
Low: 3d6 * ¥60 = Starting Nuyen: 3d6*60 ¥420

Achak had ¥1,434 left over from chargen so now he's up to ¥1,854.

8-bit

« Reply #125 on: <02-05-15/2340:30> »
Aye, I haven't gotten an IC up or anything yet, because I'm just trying to figure out how in the world to formulate this con.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #126 on: <02-06-15/1156:37> »
8-bit, roll Palming 1! That'll totally work. Maybe some supporting evidence from the comm chatter Elijah hacked earlier. (Names of guards, or key details, "so-and-so sent for me", etc.)

A few of the texts that Elijah was able to gather had phrases like, "Check with Himura," or things like that, so he may be the boss man around. 

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <02-06-15/1326:25> »
Just to be certain, Achak and Sister Rebecca are in a stairwell that has one camera covering it, plus one guard with his back to the stairs, correct?

Is the camera a situation where Sneaking could be used to slip past it, or is it covering the stairwell effectively enough that we would need another approach to move by undetected? Options include a smoke grenade (which I don't have because I didn't take any since I loaned my Alpha to Stake) or shooting the camera. Or I guess we could ask Elijah to nix the camera feed.

Not quite sure how Sister Rebecca is going to get past the guard to clear the first floor. Perhaps a distraction to get him to move for a moment so that she can slip by.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #128 on: <02-06-15/1335:03> »
The camera is pointing from floor 1.5 (the landing between the ground floor and the second floor) pointing down.  There is not a camera between the basement and the ground floor. 

You can certainly ask Elijah to nix the feed, or you can attempt to sneak by.  Keep in mind there are a number of cameras, but security doesn't seem overly tight.  If someone is watching the cameras, they'd need to be watching that particular camera at the time the team moved by in order to be seen.  But, how much do you want to risk it?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <02-06-15/1354:28> »
I'm just following orders for the moment.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #130 on: <02-06-15/1432:23> »
Assumed that either Elijah would check out cameras on his own or would be prompted to do so. Updated IC with his findings.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <02-06-15/2013:48> »
Well it sounds like Achak can sneak up the stairs without alerting the guard. The question then becomes how to insert Sister Rebecca onto the first floor without alerting the guard with his back to the stairs. I suppose Achak could create a distraction once he's up on the second floor, but I haven't thought of a good one yet.

Achak sneaking: Agility 5 + Sneaking 6 + Spec 2 + Catlike 2: 15d6t5 1 hit

Wow. And here I thought I had made a stealth adept. Combined with the 2 hits from my previous Sneaking roll, I am now enjoying a 10% hit rate on Sneaking tests.

Well, I'm good with clubs. Maybe I'll just bludgeon the guy.

I suppose it's possible I'll slip by. Traceless Walk -4, Perceiver is distracted –2, Interfering sound –2. We'll see.

8-bit

« Reply #132 on: <02-07-15/1131:19> »
Well it sounds like Achak can sneak up the stairs without alerting the guard. The question then becomes how to insert Sister Rebecca onto the first floor without alerting the guard with his back to the stairs. I suppose Achak could create a distraction once he's up on the second floor, but I haven't thought of a good one yet.

Achak sneaking: Agility 5 + Sneaking 6 + Spec 2 + Catlike 2: 15d6t5 1 hit

Wow. And here I thought I had made a stealth adept. Combined with the 2 hits from my previous Sneaking roll, I am now enjoying a 10% hit rate on Sneaking tests.

Well, I'm good with clubs. Maybe I'll just bludgeon the guy.

I suppose it's possible I'll slip by. Traceless Walk -4, Perceiver is distracted –2, Interfering sound –2. We'll see.

Yikes. Orokos must really hate you.

Sorry about being absent yesterday, life got busy. Continuing IC now.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #133 on: <02-07-15/1307:20> »
Achak slips by without any problems.  Is she waiting just out of line of sight for Becca to follow -- which would be on the landing -- or is she taking the guy out, or is she ascending to the second floor?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <02-07-15/1430:14> »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english