NEWS

Rigger Transportation

• 4 Replies

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« on: <11-05-15/1659:40> »
I want to create a Rigger character, but one of the issues I see cropping up is that in Missions the runners are flown all over the known world.  How do you get your Van with all your drones from point A to B successfully ?
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-05-15/1816:13> »
Practice!

My honest suggestion though is take a Coyote as a high level contact.  They are skilled at smuggling and not just runners it cold be equipment or gear.  Though when the rigger book comes out (soon please!?!?!) this issue will get addressed in the FAQ.  For now I always assume you have your equipment transported to where you are going.  There have been a few missions where you thought you were going isn't where you ended up or unless you are an uber rigger with different vehicle types you going to get a run  outside your skillset where your ground drones won't be much help in a jet or a boat for example.   
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #2 on: <11-05-15/2056:25> »
Practice!

My honest suggestion though is take a Coyote as a high level contact.  They are skilled at smuggling and not just runners it cold be equipment or gear.  Though when the rigger book comes out (soon please!?!?!) this issue will get addressed in the FAQ.  For now I always assume you have your equipment transported to where you are going.  There have been a few missions where you thought you were going isn't where you ended up or unless you are an uber rigger with different vehicle types you going to get a run  outside your skillset where your ground drones won't be much help in a jet or a boat for example.   

Yep, that's about it.

Unless you're prepared to decline the occasional job offer.  Don't let the GM scare you with Notoriety or any of that crap either, because it's the Johnson's fault (and your Fixer's fault!) for being a douche and trying to hire the wrong skill set.  If you're really trying to hire out-of-town talent, that's fine, but you should be prepared for the extra expense of transporting or replacing locally all of the gear that made that talent worth hiring--not being prepared is the mark of an amateur.

But I've become somewhat jaded with that type of mission anyway, because too many aren't able to deal with riggers, when the power balance has really swung toward the Awakened.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #3 on: <11-06-15/0149:07> »
When I run these, I just assume that the Fixer/Johnson has arranged for 'like' transportation and hand wave it.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <11-13-15/1215:05> »
In previous editions my rigger procured her own hyper-stealth flying cargo drone/gunship, most GMs allowed it, at most asking for some rolls to see if it made it through okay, but most just handwaved it.

Secure gear transport, and it was nice having air support on-call decloak to lay waste if needed.

Haven't player a rigger in 5th yet, but re-building my 4th ed rigger for Prime Missions. Should be interesting.

-k