NEWS

Brothers in Chicago

• 4 Replies

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« on: <11-09-15/1443:59> »
During one of the missions runs (SRM 06-03 - Ancient Rumblings) I did at GameHole Con over the last weekend, I decided that my then-active character lived in the Brothers ... area ... in Chicago. He had a Squatter lifestyle and it made sense for him to live in the CZ.

Only problem - I didn't take any really good notes of the actual name of the area or who the important NPC was there. It was described as a bunch of ramshackle huts, some made from the hulks of cars and the nominal mayor of the squat was suspicious, crotchetty and went by Brother [something]. It's the place where the person we were supposed to help had lived.

Any helpful details for me?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-10-15/0554:24> »
Unfortunately I haven't run that one, so I can't provide any details. If no one can answer your question, remember that you can always buy a copy of that Missions pdf from drivethrurpg.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #2 on: <11-10-15/1034:32> »
Unfortunately I haven't run that one, so I can't provide any details. If no one can answer your question, remember that you can always buy a copy of that Missions pdf from drivethrurpg.

Season Six is the current season, so it's not out in PDF yet. :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <11-10-15/2003:11> »
Brother's Scrapyard.

The adventure's been revised a bit since the summer cons, and I turned close to the final draft in to Ray a few weeks ago.  Will likely be a little bit yet before it's released though.

Here's the not-quite-finally-final description for the Scrapyard:

An abandoned high school at S. Pulaski Rd and W 99th St, this used to be Brother Rice High School but the sign was damaged years ago, and only “Brother” remains. This is part of a large 1.5 km square block made up of several high schools (Brother Rice and Mother McAuley Liberal Arts High School) as well as St Xavier University and a small residential block surrounding a small 200 meter wide lake (Lake Marion) and a small park (Mary’s Lock). This entire block has been fenced off using makeshift fencing and walls 3-5 meters tall and topped by rusty, jagged razorwire.  The residents converted it into a small “safe” neighborhood, with a couple dozen homes, two “apartment buildings” which were once dorms at St. Xavier’s, and countless small metalworking shops, surrounded by mountains of scrap.  One corner is sectioned off for several acres of farmable fields.

And yes, this is based on a real location.  You can google maps it.  I tend to use Google Maps extensively for finding teh right locations for stuff.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #4 on: <11-11-15/0853:48> »
Rock on! You're the man, Bull!

Who was the nominal mayor figure? Crazy old coot who always thinks everyone is bug spirits?