NEWS

[SR5] Snow White and the Seven Drones

• 6 Replies

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« on: <01-19-16/0236:14> »
This character was part playing around with the new Rigger 5 and Hard Target books, part trying to understand mechanics better, and part working on new character sheets.

I designed the character sheets on Excel. I wanted to go with Practicality over aesthetics, Please let me know what you think.

I also had quite a few questions with rules, so I will probably be posting this character on Rules page as well.

Any comments, suggestions or feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks )

« Last Edit: <01-19-16/0257:09> by Bushw4cker »
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-16/0256:42> »
Many Questions I had..

Poor Self Control (Road Rage) - 5pt Negative Quality?

And if character murders someone with Vehicle, using Edge, does that refresh edge with Revels in Murder Quality?
    Example: Mows down Jaywalking Elf..

Crossbow.

I took a few things from Hard Targets.

Easy Breakdown Mod?  I don't see why you couldn't have for Crossbow.

Extended Clip? - again, don't see why you couldn't do that with a Crossbows internal Magazine.

Ares Monotip Arrows/Bolts? - it states in Run & Gun that arrow heads can be used as bolts. I paid for Rating 10 Arrows...

How Fast is a Dwarf Drone Running/Walking? (Modified Little Buddy) Speed: 2G, Accel: 2

Could an Anthropomorphic drone be slaved (by wire)  to a commlink, then put that commlink in a drones Faraday Pocket in its Armored Jacket, and have drone only take infrasonic and
ultrasonic commands from it's owner?

Or command drone to take out commlink after say 5 minutes, but keep in Faraday Pocket till you reach certain point or time..

Would Performance (Singing) test, be a Group test if performed by multiple drones?

Is there a Price on Pop-up Drone Weapon mounts?

Any other questions I should be asking?

« Last Edit: <01-19-16/0310:15> by Bushw4cker »
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-16/0457:30> »
Many Questions I had..

Poor Self Control (Road Rage) - 5pt Negative Quality?

And if character murders someone with Vehicle, using Edge, does that refresh edge with Revels in Murder Quality?
    Example: Mows down Jaywalking Elf..

So long as you do it in one attack i would assume so.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-16/1054:48> »
Fun concept!

Contacts:
I have found the Run Faster contact rules really confusing, though I like the idea of the Better to be Feared than Loved Quality. I don't think you can have contacts with more than 7 total points out of character generation. (Am I wrong on this, can you buy up more with karma during character gen?) So I'd look into that.

Revels in Murder:
If there is a way to get your Edge higher, it becomes a really powerful ability. Anything to re prioritize or drop to get a higher edge?

Drone weapons:
After my recent foray into Rigger 5.0 rules, there seems to be a vehicle mod rule system that applies to drones, and also an optional drone mod system that makes more distinctions between drones and vehicles. I suppose the extent of mixing them up is up to a GM. However, pop-up mounts have a cost and mod point cost in the optional drone rules. There are no popups in the vehicle rules, just different visibility options (always visible, visible only when being used, hidden when being used).

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-19-16/1122:22> »
Fun concept!

Contacts:
I have found the Run Faster contact rules really confusing, though I like the idea of the Better to be Feared than Loved Quality. I don't think you can have contacts with more than 7 total points out of character generation. (Am I wrong on this, can you buy up more with karma during character gen?) So I'd look into that.

Revels in Murder:
If there is a way to get your Edge higher, it becomes a really powerful ability. Anything to re prioritize or drop to get a higher edge?

Drone weapons:
After my recent foray into Rigger 5.0 rules, there seems to be a vehicle mod rule system that applies to drones, and also an optional drone mod system that makes more distinctions between drones and vehicles. I suppose the extent of mixing them up is up to a GM. However, pop-up mounts have a cost and mod point cost in the optional drone rules. There are no popups in the vehicle rules, just different visibility options (always visible, visible only when being used, hidden when being used).

I think that was in 4th ed. I actually looked for it, but couldn't find anything in 5th.  ,Connection Rating goes to 12 in 5th, so maybe that's why the difference.

Oh and I made as prime runner. Was originally trying Karma build. Will have to see what I would have to cut down to make regular character.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-19-16/1217:53> »
Think you could get away with bust a move drones too and make the snow white a transys office maid

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-19-16/2224:18> »
Think you could get away with bust a move drones too and make the snow white a transys office maid

Snow White is the character, she controls the drones, but I was thinking of adding Huntsman or Prince drone for serious combat but ran out of Nuyen..