NEWS

Tangled Currents - Lizzie

• 784 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #735 on: <04-09-17/1730:52> »
[spoiler]That's so weird I could swear I responded to this.  Sorry about the delay =(
Can I tell if the "person" is female or male or well anything else about them.[/spoiler]

I suppose I can try.  I envision the form being drawn towards me slowly but surely avoiding the jagged edges of the pits edges.  I will make sure to have a good look at this...(person?) before I bring them fully to the top.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #736 on: <04-11-17/0140:12> »
OOC:

I thought that you were going to create a rope to help lift the person up?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #737 on: <04-11-17/1450:42> »
[spoiler]OOC:  I thought you said that would be too difficult.[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #738 on: <04-12-17/0137:12> »
OOC:

No, the levitation was too difficult.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #739 on: <04-12-17/1111:17> »
[spoiler]Ah, oops reading comprehension failure.  Sorry.[/spoiler]
 I envision the creation of a coil of rope.  Holding one end I toss the other down to the pit  I will make sure to have a good look at this...(person?) before I bring them fully to the top

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #740 on: <04-13-17/0112:03> »
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where

The rope appears as you wish it to and you drop it over the lip of the pit.  "Hey, thanks.  I don't weigh too much, so you should be able to hold my weight.  I will need to be careful to avoid the spikes on the wall.  Here I come?"

The rope goes taut in your hands and you feel it move as the person below you begins to climb out of the pit.  Before long, the head and torso of a male Gnome appears in your light.  He stops about eight feet below the lip to rest a bit and look for the best way up through the wall spikes. "OK.  I think I got a path worked out.  Coming up."

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #741 on: <04-13-17/0220:10> »
So what brings you to this place?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #742 on: <04-13-17/0946:15> »

The gnome looks up at you as he contemplates the last couple of feet.  "Good question, actually.  There I was, just minding my own business when suddenly I find myself at the bottom of this pit.  Not really sure it isn't some sort of nightmare."  He gives you an eye. "Although being rescued by you puts it somewhat closer to a dream."  He grunts a bit as he reaches the lip of the pit and pulls himself over.  He sits on the ground for a couple of minutes to catch his breath. "So where are we and what are YOU doing here?  Besides rescuing me, I mean?"

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #743 on: <04-13-17/2319:22> »
Well as I understand it we are on the metaplanes and I'm on an astral quest that has so far led me here.  Of course now I'm not sure where to go,  I say glancing about for Sian.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #744 on: <04-14-17/0017:55> »

The gnome stands up and looks around.  He nods in the direction that you came. "Since you are on this side of the pit, I would guess that you came from back that way so that must be the way out of here.  Not sure what this astral quest thing you are talking about is, but I suppose that it does not include going back that way.  You could use the roots here to support yourself and go past the pit.  Provided that is, that you intend to go on.  I do wish you the best of luck and thank you for rescuing me." He reaches into a small pouch at his belt and pulls out a golden coin that he hands to you. "Here.  This is about all I have to offer as a reward.  Good luck to you."

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #745 on: <04-14-17/2212:21> »
You are welcome, and thank you for the gift.  As he leaves I look around and call out Sian?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #746 on: <04-15-17/0113:42> »

"I am always with you, Isla.  You but need to call and I will come to you.  The gnome is correct that you should be able to use the vines on the wall to get past the pit.  Please do not fall. "

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #747 on: <04-15-17/0212:19> »
How long will these objects I create with the droplets last?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #748 on: <04-15-17/1225:12> »

"The light will last a while, as it is a created EFFECT.  It is possible to take a larger drop of power and make it a stronger light from the beginning, but you can also go get another small drop of power and use it to extend the spell.  You will know when the power is fading from the enchantment.  The rope is a created THING, so it will not last nearly as long.  You can use more power to extend its life, too, if you want.  There is a finite limit of power that you are capable of using and or maintaining at one time, but that amount is personal to you and you will have to learn your own limits."

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #749 on: <04-15-17/1314:38> »
I toss the coin to the other side to free up my hands and gently tug on the vines to make sure they will hold my weight.  Then I gingerly pick my way across the chasm using the vines to cross.

― Lewis Carroll