NEWS

Why does the Shedim have bonusses to physical stats?

• 4 Replies

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« on: <12-17-18/0258:48> »
Hi all,
There are various types of Shedim. Vanilla Shedim and master Shedim in street grimoire, and some new types in Dark terrors.
They all have some modifications to their stats ala F+ 1 or +2 etc.
This includes some of their physical stats - which brings me to my question : why?
As physical stats arent used in the astral, and they dont have Manifestation powers, whats the deal?
They can do possession,  but thats purely basee on their Force, and not actual attributes.
Should the Shedim instead be listed like AIs, or is possession wrong and any attribute increases there should be based on the Shedims attributes and not force?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-17-18/1450:47> »
A reasonable question.

Possession spirits often (but not always) add half their Force to the vessel's Physical attributes, but - to your point - that's based on Force and not dependent on any of the spirit's F+ Physical attributes.

Shedim are a special case because their Possession power is limited to "Dead or Abandoned Vessels". One might reasonably wonder what the Physical attributes should be for a dead and/or decomposing vessel. I would suggest simply using the shedim's F+ attributes while in their possessed form rather than going through the exercise of trying to estimate the Physical attributes of a dead body to determine whether you should be adding half the shedim's Force.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <12-17-18/1531:48> »
I think this is a left over from when Shedim made their appearance in 2064 (year of the comet).

Back then, you used the Spirits attributes when they took a host because of the dead nature of the hosts - so a Strength of F+1 meant they were fairly strong! (The better to rip you appart!)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-17-18/1606:39> »
I'd assume that those are the stats Shedim have when on their home plane (or any other realm where they are not just astral constructs)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-19-18/1406:40> »
Hhmm alright I guess it makes sense to use their physical stats as stand-in for long gone corpses maybe. And then use normal possession rule for newly deads.