NEWS

Questions for the SRM FAQ Committee

• 78 Replies

gungadi

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <09-16-18/0156:00> »
Additional question / Confusion -

Adept Ways - Do they double in cost post char gen or not? 

I found https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23294.0 but the thread isn't official nor is it covered in the FAQ's current version under Shadow Grimoire nor the Errata.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <09-22-18/1027:27> »
Licenses: Real, not Fake

Sr5 pg 363 discusses the rules, such as they are, for acquiring real licenses (for use with real SINs).  Notably:
For the most part, acquiring a license involves
making an application, paying some sort of fee, a SIN
check, and possibly passing one or more certification,
testing, or training programs. The exact details of acquiring
a license are left up to the gamemaster,

So for SRM, the "up to the gamemaster" is a decision for the SRM team.  Are legal licenses possible in SRM, and if so what's the cost in nuyen/time to acquire them?  Presumably they're burned and licensed gear is confiscated if the runner is issued a Criminal SIN?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #62 on: <09-22-18/1413:42> »
Legal licenses are paid for through your taxation penalty in the negative quality and you are presumed to get them when you purchase the item with your legal SIN.

The risk to your SIN is pretty hefty.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #63 on: <09-25-18/1302:36> »
Augmentation Bundles (Chrome Flesh, pg 92) states the following:
The potential earnings lost in this are offset by the cultural cachet that this “premium product line” carries, and the advertising that it both contains and shares with all potential customers. In essence, each customer becomes a walking billboard, letting everyone know what upgrades the user has and where they can get the exact same ones for themselves. Keep in mind you can’t turn this wireless functionality off and, no, augmentation bundles are never available as throwbacks.
  • This stuff is hardware, not software, coded-up RFID tags that are beaming loud and proud. Too deep-set inside the cybernetics themselves for a tag eraser to get to, you have to have a decent cybertechnician open you up and root the damn things out by hand. Most docs will charge about a grand per item, give or take. Pays to have a tech who owes you favors.
  • Butch[/l][/l]
If a character wants a cybertechnician to do what Butch is mentioning in the quote above for a Missions character, how much will it cost?  The text says "about a grand per item".  Can another PC with Cybertechnology do this for the character?
[/list]
« Last Edit: <09-25-18/1306:00> by Fedifensor »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <09-26-18/1534:34> »
Good question.  I'm of a mind to say it's possible, but would have to determine the test parameters.

gungadi

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: <10-09-18/0047:05> »
Additional question / Confusion -

Adept Ways - Do they double in cost post char gen or not? 

I found https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23294.0 but the thread isn't official nor is it covered in the FAQ's current version under Shadow Grimoire nor the Errata.

Any news on this as its almost been a month, and still sitting on my con reroll...

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <10-15-18/1803:51> »
Gungadi, that's answered in the most recent FAQ... sorry we let you think you were being ignored!  You weren't!

gungadi

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <11-13-18/2340:08> »
Appreciated - I have a new question given the wording of this is clunky -

Bloody Business

Body Sculpt -

" The time required to change one feature is approximately one hour.  Multiple features can be changed simultaneously with a Body + Magic test, with each hit resulting in one additional change.  The adept needs another full minute to undo the changes and return their features to normal.  The time required to change one feature is approximately ten minutes.  The adept needs another full minute to undo the changes and return their features to normal."

Which is it ?  An hour to change or ten minutes?  I feel like there was a copy and paste or auto text fill given the similarities/requirements of Facial Sculpt. 

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <02-27-19/1015:23> »
Guarda (Spelling?) Guided Missile Drone.  Can be launched from a Vehicle Drone Rack?  Or do you need a Missile Launcher?  Or can they be fired Model Rocket style from a freestanding launch platform?

Since it's a Drone I would think you could just set it up in a Parking lot and launch it, then fly it around like a normal Drone.  RAW there isn't a Vehicle Drone Launcher for Missile sized Drones, but Small would seem the most likely fit. 

Also looking for suggestions on what a Technomancer should do with Nuyen once I've amassed a small swarm of Smartbombs.   8)

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <03-20-19/1441:30> »
Appreciated - I have a new question given the wording of this is clunky -

Bloody Business

Body Sculpt -

" The time required to change one feature is approximately one hour.  Multiple features can be changed simultaneously with a Body + Magic test, with each hit resulting in one additional change.  The adept needs another full minute to undo the changes and return their features to normal.  The time required to change one feature is approximately ten minutes.  The adept needs another full minute to undo the changes and return their features to normal."

Which is it ?  An hour to change or ten minutes?  I feel like there was a copy and paste or auto text fill given the similarities/requirements of Facial Sculpt.

I believe the intent is one hour, whereas Facial Sculpt is 10 minutes.  go with that and we'll address it for the next FAQ.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <03-20-19/1449:16> »
Guarda (Spelling?) Guided Missile Drone.  Can be launched from a Vehicle Drone Rack?  Or do you need a Missile Launcher?  Or can they be fired Model Rocket style from a freestanding launch platform?

Since it's a Drone I would think you could just set it up in a Parking lot and launch it, then fly it around like a normal Drone.  RAW there isn't a Vehicle Drone Launcher for Missile sized Drones, but Small would seem the most likely fit. 

Also looking for suggestions on what a Technomancer should do with Nuyen once I've amassed a small swarm of Smartbombs.   8)

Free standing launch allowed.  Small Drone Rack Launch allowed.  Will not fit rocket or missile launchers.

marlocfavirzal

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #71 on: <05-25-19/1334:23> »
I see that Chicago got a Submersion Group (Virtual Tribe), but Neo-Tokyo did not. Is it possible for Neo-Tokyo players to join the Chicago group, while we wait, since it is all digital?

On the topic of submersion and discounts:
For magical people the have ordeals and then the school for a discount total of 20%.
With technomancers we, now, have our school. The ordeal for technomancers is based on a deep run and all of the tests are left up to the GM. Is there a way to get the FAQ Committee to declare a test that technomancers can attempt to get the other 10% discount?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <05-26-19/1330:38> »
A Virtual Tribe will be pushed out for Origins.  Look for that soon.

Ordeals were a little further than we were trying to put together, but I can certainly see if we can get some good ones!

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #73 on: <06-23-19/0103:04> »
Did the Tribe get announced? :)

Seperate question, I searched but did not see it addressed:

Bullets and Bandages is not SRM-legal. However, Rigger 5.0 is legal, and has an entry for the Aeroquip Dustoff flying drone from Bullets and Bandages. This entry, however, tells you to go see B&B for the stats.

Is the Aeroquip Dustoff Missions-Legal or not?

Also, in regards to the Garuda missle: "Additionally, the Garuda is small enough to be shoulder-launched, or it can be fired from a mounted missile launcher." (Rigger 5 p149)

Thanks,
« Last Edit: <06-23-19/1403:52> by KarmaInferno »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <06-23-19/1912:08> »
Thank YOU!

I do have a Tribe ready to go, unfortunately we were not able to finish an FAQ release pre-Origins like I wanted.  However, there will be a release ready for Gen Con.

For now, the Dustoff isn't Legal, but we'll be looking at touching on specific optional rules in our next release.