SR Fiction - Legends

• 135 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #105 on: <01-26-17/1837:04> »
The Forever Drug, by Lisa Smedman:

The Biggest--and Last--High of Your Life

There's a new "drug" on the streets, promising a phenomenal--and deadly--high. But this time the dealers aren't selling a substance. They're working with a creature called a "corpse light"--a creature of pure magic that gives the customer a euphoric rush...as it drains the poor sap's life away.

Romulus was the first to see this new scourge in action. As a shapeshifter, he's a freelance agent to the Lone Star police department. His wolfish strength and sense of smell keep him useful--and keep from being admitted into the regular force. So when Jane, a beautiful, amnesiac woman, is caught in a dangerous web with the dealers, there's no way for Romulus to be assigned to the investigation. But that won't stop him from trying to save her, and to discover how she is tied into this case...

Note: This digital edition includes ePub and Mobi (Kindle) versions of the novel.

CGL

DTRPG

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <01-26-17/2237:15> »
I Think this is up to date:

1. Never Deal With a Dragon by Robert N. Charette, 1990
2. Choose Your Enemies Carefully by Robert N. Charette, 1991
3. Find Your Own Truth by Robert N. Charette, 1991
4. 2XS by Nigel Findley, 1991 {Digital Not Currently Available}
5. Changeling by Chris Kubasik, 1992
6. Never Trust an Elf by Robert N. Charette, 1992
7. Into the Shadows by Jordan K. Weisman, 1992
8. Streets of Blood by Carl Sargent & Marc Gascoigne, 1992
9. Shadowplay by Nigel Findley, 1993 {Digital Not Currently Available}
10. Night's Pawn by Tom Dowd, 1993
11. Striper Assassin by Nyx Smith, 1993
12. Lone Wolf by Nigel Findley, 1994 {Digital Not Currently Available}
13. Fade to Black by Nyx Smith, 1994
14. Nosferatu by Carl Sargent & Marc Gascoigne, 1994
15. Burning Bright by Tom Dowd, 1994
16. Who Hunts the Hunter by Nyx Smith, 1995
17. House of the Sun by Nigel Findley, 1995 {Digital Not Currently Available}
18. Worlds Without End by Caroline Spector, 1995
19. Just Compensation by Robert N. Charette, 1996
20. Black Madonna by Carl Sargent & Marc Gascoigne, 1996
21. Preying for Keeps by Mel Odom, 1996
22. Dead Air by Jak Koke, 1996
23. The Lucifer Deck by Lisa Smedman, 1997
24. Steel Rain by Nyx Smith, 1997
25. Shadowboxer by Nicholas Pollotta, 1997
26. Stranger Souls by Jak Koke, 1997
27. Headhunters by Mel Odom, 1997
28. The Clockwork Asylum by Jak Koke, 1997
29. Bloodsport by Lisa Smedman, 1998
30. Beyond the Pale by Jak Koke, 1998
31. Technobabel by Stephen Kenson, 1998
32. Wolf and Raven by Michael Stackpole, 1998
33. Psychotrope by Lisa Smedman, 1998
34. The Terminus Experiment by Jonathan E. Bond & Jak Koke, 1999
35. Run Hard, Die Fast by Mel Odom, 1999
36. Crossroads by Stephen Kenson, 1999
37. The Forever Drug by Lisa Smedman, 1999
38. Ragnarock by Stephen Kenson, 2000
39. Tails You Lose by Lisa Smedman, 2001
40. The Burning Time by Stephen Kenson, 2001
41. Born to Run by Stephen Kenson, 2005
42. Poison Agendas by Stephen Kenson, 2006
43. Fallen Angels by Stephen Kenson, 2006
44. Drops of Corruption by Jason Hardy, 2006
45. Aftershock by Jean Rabe & John Helfers, 2006
46. A Fistful of Data Stephen Dedman, 2006
Digital First:
47 The Vladivostok Gauntlet Olivier Gagnon
47 Spells & Chrome Edited by John Helfers
47 Sail Away, Sweet Sister Patrick Goodman
50 Neat Russell Zimmerman
51 Nothing Persona Olivier Gagnon
52 Fire and Frost Kai O’Connal
53 Another Rainy Night Patrick Goodman
54 Hell on Water Jason M Hardy
55 Dark Resonance Phaedra Weldon
56 Crimson Kevin R Czarnecki
57 Borrowed Time R.L. King
58 Shaken: No Job Too Small Russell Zimmerman
59 World of Shadows Various
60 Deniable Assets Mel Odom
64 Drawing Destiny (Tarot Anthology) John Helfers
? Doc Wagon 19 Jennifer Brozek
? Shadowrun Hong Kong Mel Odom
? Wolf & Buffalo R.L. King

Could use some help with the proper order of the last three.

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #107 on: <01-27-17/1819:41> »
Awesome and much appreciated.

What's the bold vs. normal text indicate? I thought bold might be reprinted under Legends, but I'm not sure. And which are digital only (doesn't Catalyst do some digital-only)?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #108 on: <01-27-17/2024:59> »
Yes bold is Legends. some of the digital first stuff may be digital only but I am not sure. AJ might be able to chime in.

Ningauble

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <01-28-17/1109:25> »
I Think this is up to date:
[snip]

Two dead-tree editions are missing: Undershadows by Jason M. Hardy and Shadows Down Under by Jean Rabe.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #110 on: <01-31-17/0915:08> »
Drops of Corruption, by Jason Hardy:

Bannickburn is a burned-out Scottish mage with little power and fewer prospects when he falls into fast company. A notorious crime boss, Bigio family caporegime Quinn Bailey offers him a job that could turn hs life around. Soon Bannickburn is living once again in the style he's accustomed to.

But then Bannickburn tries to leave the family, Bailey calls in his markers, and Bannickburn must aid the Bigios as they pit themselves against a rival mob in a power struggle that moves from the Seattle sprawl to the elven enclaive of Portland. Leading a handpicked crew of shadowrunners, Bannickburn is about to hit the jackpot - and learn that in every game, winners can turn into losers with the squeeze of a trigger....

Note: This digital edition includes ePub and Mobi (Kindle) versions of the novel.

CGL

DTRPG

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #111 on: <02-10-17/0611:40> »
New Legends release: Poison Agendas, by Stephen Kenson.

Weirdly it is being released before Born to Run. (Born to Run, Poison Agendas and Fallen Angels form the "Kellan Colt trilogy".)

Kellan Colt has been making a name for herself as one of Seattle's up-and-coming shadowrunners, and she believes she's ready to break out on her own. Opportunity knocks when she learns the location of a secret weapons cache abandoned by the U.S. military. With the right buyer, a score this big has the potential to secure Kellan's reputation - and her bank account.

With a team of fellow shadowrunners assisting her, Kellan descends deep into the heart of the Awakened wilderness to extract the weapons. But the supernatural entities lurking in the forest beome the least of her worries when a rival facton appears seeking the cache - and the greatest threat to them all is revealed....

DTRPG
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #112 on: <02-10-17/0810:53> »
Thanks Marzhin. ;)

New cover:

Also available from CGL:

CGL Store

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <02-14-17/0901:47> »
Next up, Aftershocks by Jean Rabe and John Helfers:

The troll known as Hood and his fellow Shadowrunners steal some biotechnological agriculture from the Plantech Corporation--only to find themselves framed for murder and tied to an even greater conspiracy.

CGL Store

DTRPG

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #114 on: <02-15-17/1417:29> »
Strangely, it was called Aftershock (singular) when it was originally released ^^

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

ANewTwist

• Newb
« Reply #115 on: <02-21-17/0545:48> »
New book available: WHO HUNTS THE HUNTER by Nyx Smith

From the distant forests of Maine comes the deadly Weretiger known as Striper, seeking nature's own special justice.
From the shadowed heart of the South Bronx comes the shaman called Bandit, interested only in the pursuit of his arcane arts, and the reconciliation with nature that Raccoon demands.
From the nightmare streets of Newark come Monk and Minx, seeking life itself.
Who is predator and who is prey? The assassin? The shaman? The kids with the flashing eyes? The Director of Resource for Hurley-Cooper Labs, or HCL's dedicated scientist? Or is it the elves? Or the mystery man from the Department of Water and Wastewater Management with a technical rating higher than God's?
Before they are done, a killer will learn the meaning of mercy, and one who honored life will discover the necessity of ruthless destruction....

You can get the book here: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/shadowrun/products/shadowrun-legends-who-hunts-the-hunter

or here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/205701/Shadowrun-Legends-Who-Hunts-the-Hunter

The Kindle Version should also be available shortly.

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #116 on: <03-07-17/0632:02> »
New Legends available on DTRPG.

A Fistful of Data, by Stephen Dedman.

In the abandoned factory known as the Crypt, society's castoffs have found a place to call home. Some of the Crypt's denizens are hiding or on the run; some have nowhere left to go. But the Crypt protects its own, providing care for street kids as well as medical and magical healing for those in need. It also sports an illegal tap into the Matrix, and hosts a coven of some of the most successful shadowrunners around.

When a disgraced corporate mover takes an interest in the Crypt - and in a valuable secret long hidden in its foundations - he doesn't intend to let the dregs of Seattle keep him from making the score of a lifetime. But he's about to discover that the Crypt's inhabitants aren't going to be buried so easily....

(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <04-05-17/0651:29> »
Fallen Legends, by Stephen Kenson:

Kellan Colt has come far in her magical training. but all her accomplishments haven't satisfied her desire to know the truth about her shadowrunner mother, and to learn the secrets of the amulet she found among her mother's possessions. Kellan is determined to find answers - and to earn the respect of her fellow runners in the process.

Lately Kellan has been troubled by disturbing dreams. Something seems to be calling her, but before she can figure out who - or what - she joins a run into the paranoiac elven homeland of Tir Tairngire. Trapped deep inside foreign territory, she suddenly discovers the answers to her questions, but then she must unravel the most difficult riddle of all: Who can she really trust in the shadows?

CGL Store

DTRPG

ANewTwist

• Newb
« Reply #118 on: <09-19-17/2154:17> »
Does anyone know if there will be "new" releases in the series? There are quite a few missing still, some of them my favorites. I emailed Catalyst some time ago about this, asking them, about more Legends books, but never got a response (thx guys). I mean the last book was released 5 month ago, what's with the delay? I bought them all so far, same with the Battletech Legends books and would really like to complete my collection.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #119 on: <09-19-17/2252:56> »
The person heading up this project is no longer with CGL. When they can get someone back on the ePub book project then we should see more SR and BT novels.

I really ned Changling, the rest of Nigel's work, Nix, Jak, Lisa and new stuff as well.