NEWS

Gun H(e)aven 3 Errata

• 65 Replies

Agonar

• Omae
« on: <12-15-13/1046:14> »
Two things I noticed so far

Page 3 mentions that Flamethrowers can be used for Suppressive Fire, but doesn't say how many units of ammo this uses, while it does say that fanning up to three targets uses 2 units.

Page 13, Shiawase Arms Monsoon:  There is a weird run-on sentence
As long as the user simply needs to
ensure the barrels are not heavily plugged up and the
bullets will fly toward their intended target, aided by the
integral smartlink system, which is protected in its own
shock-proof housing.

Should probably say "As long as the user ensures. .  .  or The user simply needs to ensure. .   "
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

martinchaen

« Reply #1 on: <12-18-13/1713:59> »
Agonar,
I'm fairly sure that it can safely be assumed that suppressive fire and attacking multiple targets in the same fanning motion uses the same amount of fuel, aka 2 units.

And I'd like to submit the Rain Forest Carbine for errata as well, cause it broken...

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-20-13/0614:24> »
The Rain Forest Carabine surely seems off a bit. It has better stats (except for range) than an Ares Desert Strike for one fifth of its price. If you compare it to other assault rifles, damage, AP and accuracy are all superior and i don't think that clip size, price and SA only are enough to offset these.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-20-13/1115:43> »
The Rain Forest Carabine surely seems off a bit. It has better stats (except for range) than an Ares Desert Strike for one fifth of its price. If you compare it to other assault rifles, damage, AP and accuracy are all superior and i don't think that clip size, price and SA only are enough to offset these.

Don't forget the 5R availability on the rainforest.

However, some guy already said that he "missed it in proofreading" regarding the rainforest carbine.  I'm assuming we'll see an official massive damage reduction real soon.
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Efe

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-20-13/1614:00> »
P 13
In Clockwork's comment the rigger's gender changes. 'His car' should be 'her car'.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-24-13/0335:59> »
Second problem.

Flame Throwers.  You can "fan" to attack up to three targets.  Is this done using the Multiple Attacks Free Action (and thus splitting your dice pool), or is this done as per a grenade or Area spell (single attack roll with a threshold to hit the area), or is this done as per the spread on using Shotgun with Flechette rounds... single roll targeting multiple targets in the area, with each target defending separately?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <12-24-13/0417:14> »
((Sounds like similar to suppressive fire to me, so no splitting involved, otherwise it'd say so.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <12-24-13/0938:17> »
((Sounds like similar to suppressive fire to me, so no splitting involved, otherwise it'd say so.))

But the flamethrower has a separate entry allowing for suppressive fire.
"They can be used for Suppressive Fire. They can also be used to attack multiple targets;"

Unless the "up to three targets, and each within 4 meters of the others" is defining the suppressive area, overruling the normal suppressive area of a cone, no wider than 10 meters at the end..

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <12-24-13/0942:04> »
((I did not mean it's Suppressive Fire, I meant that the way it is phrased it would be treated similar to Shotguns and Suppressive Fire, aka no splitting.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-03-14/1420:33> »

Don't forget the 5R availability on the rainforest.

However, some guy already said that he "missed it in proofreading" regarding the rainforest carbine.  I'm assuming we'll see an official massive damage reduction real soon.

Real soon?  You sure? ;)

Kudos to having art in the book anyway.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #10 on: <01-03-14/1605:39> »
The book doesn't have rules for the "magazine barrel" guns that it includes.  It also lacks a price for flamethrower ammo in SR5...  I assume it's not supposed to be the same as normal ammo.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-03-14/1614:48> »
Remember the note on page 3:

Not all of the standard modifications listed with the weapons in this book are detailed in Shadowrun, Fifth Edition. A book with more weapons and combat options called Run & Gun will be released shortly after this book, providing details on these modifications.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-03-14/1621:00> »
Speaking of the magazine barrel gun, I am disappoint in catalyst for going through the trouble of introducing Metal Storm guns and then failing to represent how they work mechanically at all.

It combines the clip and the barrel into a single unit and has bullets fired electronically in sequence, making any gun built in this manner capable of full-auto fire at ludicrous speeds, and makes the gun more accurate when using bursts, since it empties all the bullets in the barrel at the target before it even finishes recoiling. This would be easy to represent mechanically in 5th edition with either increased accuracy, a high recoil compensation, or even just a line that says 'Metal Storm guns do not suffer recoil on the first shot, but progressive recoil still applies on attacks made on additional passes.' They included two metal storm guns in this book, and neither one has improved recoil compensation or accuracy over any other gun of their type, and the metal storm shotgun is only Semi Auto!

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <01-14-14/1910:49> »
Sporting Rifle category does not exist in SR5.  Presumably all Sporting Rifles should be reclassed Sniper Rifles in SR5 (at least both Sporting Rifles in the core book are categorized as Sniper Rifles).

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-14-14/2146:14> »
Sporting Rifle category does not exist in SR5.

Gun H(e)aven 3 disagrees with you. Ranges are listed in the front, along with the relevant skill.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015