NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #105 on: <09-12-10/0850:52> »
>>>>>[Thing about pain, it never truly goes away, no matter what you do. Sure, sometimes you can dull it, suppress it, but it will always be there in some way shape or form, ready to rear it's head. Nearly burnt me up. For years, it was all I had. It kept me going, pushed me to keep going, take insane risks, risk myself in ways no sane person should because I simply could not let anyone else do it. My pain made me angry, angry at everything and nothing at the same time. The pain is still there, the anger and fury still there. But now I've got a purpose and learned to channel it, use it for some small amount of good; for as long as I still can breathe. Pain without purpose is nothing, anger without direction is blinding, both never serve the memory of the fallen. Hmmm, I wonder when I got so philosophic?]<<<<<
        --Bravo Six (08:47:33/09-12-72)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #106 on: <09-12-10/0900:20> »
>>>>>[The Great Lakes may be polluted, but that doesn't mean that drek don't live in them.  hen I was operating out of Cleveland, I heard rumors about a lake monster kinda like Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster.  She was called the Erie Dearie, Bessie, and a few other names.  It had been a rumor for centuries, so I didn't pay any attention to it.  But, I ended up running a couple smuggling ops through the lake.  While I didn't see anything myself, our sonar picked up something big moving under us at one point.  At first we thought maybe it was a submarine, but submarines simply don't move like that.  Polluted, maybe, but there are still things that live in them.]<<<<<
     - MacCallister (13:50:10/09-11-10)

<<<<<[Definately something there, a contact of mine who operates out of Put-In-Bay is looking into it. If I hear something solid, I'll let everyone know. But for everyone traveling Erie near the Davis Bessie II (yeah, that's how they got the name) nuke-plant, watch your active sonars...Things have been known to get, agitated.]<<<<<
      -Bravo Six (08:58:22/09-12-72)

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Inverse

• Newb
  • Fireball!
« Reply #107 on: <09-12-10/0911:08> »
>>>>>[Let's not start about bad times and pain, else this'll turn into an "oh yeah, well my twelves gauge has thirteen gauges!" type deal.]<<<<<
      --Inverse (22:11:05/09-12-72)
Oh, source of all power, light which burns beyond crimson, let thy power gather in my hand.

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #108 on: <09-12-10/1800:13> »
>>>>>[If you're in the Shadows you've known pain. If you're too young, too stupid, or too lucky to have dodged the agony bullet, GET OUT, get out now. The longer you stay in darkness the more it infects your soul. For most of us old timers the only fraggin way we get out of bed is that the we can't stand to be alone with the memories any longer. On a site like this, runnin the old code, you'd better fraggin believe chummer that there is going to be stories of trauma and old farts cryin in their beers. Just no way around it.But if ya can see past the surface you'd see that us old farts drip with knowledge. Check out Mac's post, ya he was lamenting his fallen brethren, he also gave you youngsters a damn fine hint to always check for off matrix security measures. ]<<<<<
     -- Wayfinder (17:01:28/09-12-72)

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #109 on: <09-12-10/2024:37> »
>>>>>[Ghost and Spirits... helpful hint for drakes out there: don't try to drink an ork and a troll under the table. Especially don't shift to scales to keep up.  And never, ever shift /back/ to get a ride.  Worst. Hangover. Ever.]<<<<<
--TekDrake (20:24:08/09-12-72)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #110 on: <09-12-10/2113:47> »
>>>>>[Shoulda seen the look on the face of the cutie in the corner eyeing you up--after you shifted. I still don't know if fear or curiosity won out... ]<<<<<
     -- Bear (20:11:29/09-12-72)

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #111 on: <09-12-10/2136:22> »
>>>>>[At least you have the excuse of having some fun, TekDrake. I don't even have that. I know, in principle, that I could cast a spell and deal with the hangover I've got right now...I also know that I earned it, and don't have any right to get rid of it.
     I reserve the right to be bitchy about it, though. I swear this didn't hurt so bad when I was 18....]<<<<<
     -- Thunder (20:33:11/09-12-72)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #112 on: <09-12-10/2329:58> »
>>>>>[Everything hurt less at that age.]<<<<<
     -- KageZero (22:29:01/09-12-72)

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #113 on: <09-13-10/0059:04> »
>>>>>[The feeling you got when you found out you did something really fragging stupid didn't!]<<<<<
     -- Gent (23:58:02/09-12-72)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #114 on: <09-13-10/0143:47> »
>>>>>[That feeling didn't necessarily hurt less...  It just hurts more now, 'cause we should know better.]<<<<<
     MacCallister (01:43:28/09-13-72)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #115 on: <09-13-10/0219:52> »
>>>>>[Pain is Mother Nature's way of saying, "stupid fragger, don't do that again." Not that we ever listen.]<<<<<
      --Bravo Six (02:19:56/09-13-72)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #116 on: <09-13-10/0401:02> »
>>>>>[Alright, enough of this drek.  We can wallow in self pity, whining about what's happened, what we've done, how we fragged up, and all that happy dragonshit all day long.  It doesn't really solve anything, and we know it.  This nodes taken a serious downturn, so lets get things back on pace.  I need a couple things done, and you're just the bunch of socially maladjusted miscreants to help an old ork out.
     I have a couple jobs I could use some locals for.  Drop me a private message on my comm, and I can give you the lowdown.  Should be relatively low threat, but since my last name ain't Johnson, I won't snowball you.  We all know how these "low threat" jobs tend to work out, right chummers? 
     And Tauren, don't bother.  I have something for you and your crew.  We'll talk, meatbod to meatbod, the usual place.]<<<<<
     -- MacCallister (03:12:12/09-13-72)

>>>>>[Did a little digging after our illustrious Sysadmin's recent postings.  Might get Black Hammered for this, but, figured I should share.  Always find out everything you can about your Mr. Johnson, even if he doesn't call himself that, as our ork "decker" friend points out.  Let me preface with a bit of a history lesson, for those that aren't local and don;t pay attention to national news. 
     From late 2069 up through early this year, Seattle had itself a Serial Killer.  A very active one, quaintly named the Mayan Cutter.  He was carving up people, mostly SINless metahumans, and stringing them up like Christmas turkeys on display.  He chalked up something like 50 or 60 kills in just over two years, and the bad publicity was one of the contributing factors to Lone Star losing face with Seattle and getting the boot.  When Knight Errant set up shop, one of their first priorities was hunting down this killer.  They managed to catch him within 6 weeks.  Whether or not that's just a tad suspicious, I'll leave it to the conspiracy nuts in the crowd.
     In June, the killings started up again, out of nowhere.  Rumors started circulating.  Did KE get the wrong guy?  Was it a copycat?  My favorites were that the Cutter came back as a Shedim, or the one about how the Cutter wasn't a single person, but a cult, and each kill was made by a different person.  The killings didn't last long, only a couple weeks.  The cutter was busy during those weeks and got 5 or 6 people.  The last victim was Rebecca MacCallister.
    The daughter of our friendly neighborhood ork decker turned fixer.
     Yeah, let that one sink in.  MacCallister was only playing around at being back in the shadows before that.  A couple jobs here and there, mostly working with a couple specific runners.  I'll be nice and not out them, as there's a little more to that story.  I'll save that as a "Get Out of Hell Free" card, so to speak.  Never know when you need to call in a favor from a big dog.  Anyway, so after this, MacCallister's been back in the action with a vengeance.  He's hitched his wagons to some Metahuman Rights groups that his daughter (also an ork, natch) had been involved with before she died.  He's also started butting heads with the Brackhaven administration some.  There's rumors that O.R.K. or M.O.M. or some other cute acronym group wants to make Metarights a big ticket ballot item on next years election.  Not a big deal to me, I'm all for giving rights to the trogs and halfers and weed-eaters.  But, for those of you taken jobs from him, I'd say be careful.  If there's one thing worse than taking on the cops, it's taking on the guys that pay the cops.]<<<<<
     -- The Ivisible Kid (00:00:00/)00-00-00)

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #117 on: <09-13-10/0614:50> »
>>>>>[Them bad man Cutter, collector type, yeah?  I an I dun once a man as he.  Was south-like.  Babylon offer strong money fi me link up machete an he heart.  Bad man be Bocor like.  Original bomboclot hot stepper.  Boy break free from bloodfire hell - Truth.  Him kill a man, grab up the dead man soul and stuff it back in he body.  Send dead man home an make fi kill him family.  Soul slave zombie.  Worst thing ever made.  I an I put machete deep in him, me lord.  You weight coil with them strong money, I an I do for you like for Babylon.  Honor.]<<<<<
     --Shaper (4:56:31/9-13-72)

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #118 on: <09-13-10/1504:13> »
>>>>>[Speaking of jobs MacCallister... Do you still have smuggling contacts?  My "organization" has a need to look into the possibility of some trafficking of specific "antiquities". The talisleggers that I've shaken down have mentioned that there's been some extra work coming around with anitiquities, but I was wondering if you might have some info I don't.  Drop me a meet time, I have a secure location to talk.]<<<<<
     -- Moreau (05:25:22/09-13-72)
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <09-13-10/1519:26> »
>>>>>[I might know a couple people who can get things into the city shall we say, "under" the radar.  Let me check around, see who's available, and I'll drop you a line.
     And Kid, I'm keeping an eye on you.]<<<<<
     -- MacCallister (15:18:10/09-13-72)