NEWS

Stuffer Shack

• 32 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <10-08-10/1945:42> »
Better than me... I always slip into a bad Mike Myers Scottish accent. ;)

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-08-10/2003:54> »
I think it's because I took Spanish for so long in high school. Whenever I'm trying to learn a new language or do an accent my brain tries to default on that.

It was really funny in my Mandarin I class accidental slipping random Spanish words in when I was speaking. o_0;; Don't ask me to speak Spanish straight anymore but apparently I still can when I don't mean to. Same thing when I was trying to teach myself how to curse in Drow. XD I pronounce the words as if they were Spanish.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
  • www.hazmatthemonstar.com
« Reply #17 on: <10-12-10/2213:11> »
This is a great story. I enjoyed it.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #18 on: <10-13-10/1131:35> »
Code replies,"Yu r verhy welcomb mahn."

Chaotic sure it sounds ok, but try WRITING that accent. Spelling phonetically is an interesting test for a word processor! It is absolutely a gas trying to decipher some of the BattleCorps' Scottish accents! ;)
« Last Edit: <10-13-10/1134:55> by Usda Beph »
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-13-10/1231:00> »
Which is also why I don't try writing that accent. OpenOffice has enough of a fun time with Conri's sloppy Irish. I think I crashed it once when I was spell checking a PBP that was full of Conri talking and BBC formatting. Between the drunken Irish grammar-less rambling and code, OO just died.

And you, give me my character back or I will abduct Usda and do horrible, horrible things to him! You know how wonderfully I abuse my intellectual children.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #20 on: <10-13-10/1302:46> »
I haven't quite finished how I'm writing the story yet. You will have forst crack at it to fix Code. I always let the players read the story before I post. It's the proper thing to do after all when writing about someone elses character. ;D
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #21 on: <10-17-10/1810:40> »
Does Code hunt Moose and Squivell?  ;D
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-17-10/1816:59> »
Ok, now that one went over my head. What?

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #23 on: <10-17-10/1849:25> »
Rocky and Bullwinkle. A Russian spy (Boris) was always foiled by them.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-23-11/1432:45> »
When someone mentioned Food Fight, it reminded me that I always have my chars wear their armor and carry decent weapons to that store after going through that scenario like three or four times...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #25 on: <05-23-11/2118:04> »
try using a german accent when you really only speak redneck, grunt and geek, my spanish is absolutely horrid and i'm told that my accent in German is so horrendous that i make bavarians squeal in pain.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #26 on: <05-23-11/2227:49> »
try using a german accent when you really only speak redneck, grunt and geek, my spanish is absolutely horrid and i'm told that my accent in German is so horrendous that i make bavarians squeal in pain.
You think that's bad?  My group has threatened to beat me if I ever use my Irish accent again.

And one Grandparent's name was Morris, and the other was Kelly.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #27 on: <05-30-11/0341:35> »
They have real canned meat in Stuffer Shack? No soy I-can't-believe-it's-not-pork replacements?

Or does the vegetarian object to pretend-meat too, just in general principal?

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #28 on: <07-12-11/1819:16> »
They have real canned meat in Stuffer Shack? No soy I-can't-believe-it's-not-pork replacements?

naw, then they cant have there Tofurkey
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #29 on: <08-12-11/1420:06> »

nah probably just the fizzy kind on his jacket
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!