NEWS

German CRB Changes/Errata

• 8 Replies

0B

« on: <12-27-19/2021:33> »
Today, myself and /u/D4rvill from reddit worked on putting all the changes in the German CRB into a fan-made errata document for us weirdo English-speakers.

Some of the changes made we're not sure are intentional errata, but I understand that the errata team can't comment on whether or not the errata is accurate until the English errata document is published.

Anyways, the PDF we made is here. Let me know any comments/concerns/criticism, especially if you have the German CRB and we missed something. The running totals refer to all errata I've gathered in a separate document (Though only fixed errata is included in this one.) The total number of errata will likely shrink a little more, since from going through it we already found a few errata that were fixed in the hotfix.

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« Reply #1 on: <12-28-19/0922:02> »
This is fantastic work, oB & Darvill. Really good stuff.

0B

« Reply #2 on: <12-28-19/0928:27> »
Thanks! The next step is to errata any "low-hanging fruit" brought up by errata threads. IE, things that are either clear typos, or were copied over from SR5 (But contradict new mechanics).

However, there's not much I can do in cases where one rule says to use a major, and another says to use a minor. You might be able to argue one's more reasonable than another, but it's not very helpful to make a decision on something that could be changed by official errata later on.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <01-12-20/1610:46> »
On the bright side: Official errata will apparently release as PDF update this month, said JM Hardy on Facebook less than 24h ago.
Jason M. Hardy A new update with added errata will be released this month.
Jason M. Hardy PDF. The next print run of the hardcopy book will have the revisions, but I don't currently have a schedule on when that will be ordered.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-12-20/1745:32> »
Saw that as well...looking forward to diving into the changes and updates.

0B

« Reply #5 on: <01-13-20/0757:04> »
Well, at least my stuff was useful (?) for a month XD

I guess it's like bringing an umbrella with you- if you don't, it'll rain, and if you do, it'll be sunny.

Shadowhack

• Newb
  • We live in a dystopian society right now.
« Reply #6 on: <01-15-20/1156:35> »
Forgive the ignorance here but this errata is just for the German edition correct? Or are we talking about the English core book and the next errata update for that?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <01-15-20/1208:01> »
The list oB compiled is based on what the German edition changed. Meanwhile, a new set of english errata is meant to release this month.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

0B

« Reply #8 on: <01-16-20/2030:31> »
It's a compilation of changes between the German CRB and the English CRB, as well as some clarifications made by Pegasus on their forums. I also errata'ed some of the "obvious" typos (IE, would -> wound), but stayed away from doing anything that would require making a decision on rules or an interpretation of dev intent. Then, I correlated all these changes with their locations in the English CRB (German CRB layout is different in some areas).