NEWS

Fantastic Non-SR Shadowrunesque Art Thread

• 2184 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <10-11-11/1618:41> »
Ok gang, lets see some good Shadowrun-esque artwork. Remember to keep it work safe, so you don't break the Terms of Service, and whenever possible post up a source.

I'll kick us off:

From adonihs on Deviant Art

this is a kickass Shadowrun Rocker right here. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <10-11-11/1740:22> »
Damn you Bull.  I don't want to go through 30-pages of favorites I have on dA, AGAIN, and that's just my Cyberpunk stuff!

EDIT:  Bull, heads up, as one friend of mine (The creator of Dr. McCoy the Dwarf Gorilla climbing the Empire State Building and the Blimp Bus) put it when I showed him this thread to keep track of, "Sweet mercy!   Now there's a guitar hero."  :P

*Sighs*  Fine.  I outright admitted to the Artist (Tartanninja on Deviant Art) that I was going to use this in a Shadowrun game.  I think I just might use this for the demo I'm doing next month.

What say you folks?

EDIT:  Found his updated version, which is much, much scarier!
« Last Edit: <11-04-11/2238:38> by CanRay »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <10-11-11/2222:01> »
Yes, I'm bored.

From ChronoSFX on Deviant Art

Warning:  Rest of gallery includes some items NSFW (Turn your poor virgin eyes towards naked blades instead of naked bodies!).  This, however, is completely within the ToS.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

grimjaws

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-12-11/0943:38> »

The Yamaha Tesseract. I can see this being popular with elvish go gangs.

Tomahawk, a real troll's motorcycle (that is a V-10, 500hp motor taken from the Dodge Viper). 0-60 in 2.5 sec.

BMW Concept 6. A good looking all around runner's bike.
« Last Edit: <10-12-11/0951:44> by grimjaws »
SR1+ SR2 SR3 SR4++ SR5+++ h b++ B-- UB- IE- RN--- !W sa++ ma++ sh+++ ad+++ m+++ e- o++ t++ gm+ M- P-

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #5 on: <10-13-11/0039:14> »

yes it's for "some other game" but it fits "what riggers would do with enough money"

besides, me wanty.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #6 on: <10-13-11/0125:33> »
I call for a Trial of Posession for that!!!!

*comlink beeps*

What do you mean WRONG GAME??? You gave me wrong directions?

*listens again* No you said second hall turn right...I turned left....OK, So that mage I passed int he hallway is now in...

*listens* WHAT??? Fire elementals in the ammo bins and water elementals in the cockpits?!  Brutal. OK Ill get over there and send this guy in. Last time I sub for soneone at the last minute.

;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #7 on: <10-13-11/0858:34> »
Y'know... I seem to remember a past Shadowrun book mentioning that there were these VR arcades characters could go to in order to play this political space opera giant walking battle machines MMO. Battle... somethingorother.  8)
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-13-11/0920:13> »
Y'know... I seem to remember a past Shadowrun book mentioning that there were these VR arcades characters could go to in order to play this political space opera giant walking battle machines MMO. Battle... somethingorother.  8)

Those actually existed in real life too.  Never got to visit one in person though  :'(

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-13-11/1002:43> »
all I can say is this is some really good art.  I can't wait to see more.
Living the Electronic Dream

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <10-13-11/1058:58> »

Those actually existed in real life too.  Never got to visit one in person though  :'(

I knew a guy who had Tesla II pods in his basement after they VR World outfit he was with went under. He took donations and let you play as long as you wanted. Made for a terrific bachelor party for Outrider. Alas, the economy hit him hard and he had to sell off the pods. :(

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #11 on: <10-13-11/1115:16> »

I knew a guy who had Tesla II pods in his basement after they VR World outfit he was with went under. He took donations and let you play as long as you wanted. Made for a terrific bachelor party for Outrider. Alas, the economy hit him hard and he had to sell off the pods. :(

they are still around, 1 location in WA (lucky me!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers apparently there are somewhere about 42 Tesla pods in private hands. that could a hell of a time sink.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-13-11/1128:32> »
It would be a shortcut to a quick divorce if I ever got my hands on one, that's for sure.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-13-11/1139:15> »

Ahhh the Battletech Center.. I went to the one in Chicago as a kid. It was the ultimate place to have your birthday party. I saw that they had upgraded 'Mech pods at GenCon this year, didn't get a chance to play though.

grimjaws

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <10-13-11/1452:46> »
Moar images!

I'm digging this arcology design, I could see it in some city with a stong elven influence.

This arcology I could easily see in Detroit (which I am working on an update from Target:UCAS). Though I'll need to check out some geophysical maps of the region and see if it could support something like this.
SR1+ SR2 SR3 SR4++ SR5+++ h b++ B-- UB- IE- RN--- !W sa++ ma++ sh+++ ad+++ m+++ e- o++ t++ gm+ M- P-