And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #1 on: <04-04-13/0339:39> »
Looks trendy, but as it doesn't cover your whole body to hide your signature extensively... Looks shiny, me want ;D
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-04-13/0430:29> »
Looks trendy, but as it doesn't cover your whole body to hide your signature extensively... Looks shiny, me want ;D

Probably goes off of the old wive's tale that your head is where most of your body heat escapes,
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <04-04-13/0838:33> »
Actually, that isn't an old wives' tale. But yes, a good portion of your body heat escapes from places that aren't your head. As for the coverage, if you assume overhead drones, this could be fairly effective for thermal cameras. However, drones don't just use thermal cameras, and having a big shiny thing on pretty much screams "I'm trying to hide from drones, look at me!"
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #4 on: <04-21-13/2058:26> »
it's not supposed to actually hide you from drones, it's just an; albeit stupid, political expression. The whole program is intentionally gimped to not actually work or hide you from infrared. So really, it's a cute way to pretend like you're doing something or care, heavens forbid you actually have to sit in on a city council meeting and bring something up in your life.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!