NEWS

Savage Run

• 2 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« on: <02-16-16/1048:18> »
Hello, I am converting Shadowrun 5E to Savage Worlds Interface 0/fantasy companion. I was looking for input from experienced shadowrun players. My idea is to speed up the hacking and combat so that there can be more time for roleplaying.

https://savage-run.obsidianportal.com/

Thoughts? complaints? Concerns? Kudos?
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <02-16-16/1058:49> »
I sympathize --I've been thinking about whether I could model SR with the Heroquest system adequately, for much the same reason.  The problem I keep hitting is whether or not to abandon the essence/magic sub-game.  As in: lots of other systems balance things in other ways, but essence (and how it plays with magic) are a major part of SR, and drive the whole cyber vs body 'ware issues, etc. 

I don't know the system you are porting to, but when I have the time I'll go take a look at your OP page and make as much sense out of it as I can.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-16-16/1143:41> »
I highly recommend Interface Zero as a cyberpunk game in itself. It is simple, can be deadly, and requires strategy. The problem I am having is converting the magic system. I love how unique it is but find the rules of indirect vs direct and other things confusing. I want to try to capture the flavor while simplifying it.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar