NEWS

XCOM 2

• 11 Replies

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« on: <01-19-16/1517:11> »
I've been watching ChristopherOdd's Let's Play videos for the game. I've already pre-ordered (Green Man Gaming sale for the win!), I'm curious to see who else from these parts are also joining The Resistance?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-16/1526:21> »
I beat Enemy Within with 100% completion and have over 300 hours in it. I pre-ordered that game the day it was announced. Can't wait.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-16/2039:39> »
I'll be definitely taking up the cause. Will likely wait until a Steam sale before I pick it up...simply too many other games in queue. ::)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <01-21-16/0653:02> »
I just picked up the first one (Enemy Unknown, I think it's called?) at the Humble Bundle sale.  They've got a heck of a deal going on a ton of Sid Meier and sci-fi games, right now.  I've never played any of them, but I'll admit that some trailers and cinematics I saw for this one played into my decision to pick up the bundle (and try out the last one).  It looks pretty cool!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-21-16/0705:33> »
If you haven't started yet, I'd suggest also picking up Enemy Within...the expansion that came out for Enemy Unknown. It expands on the original campaign and adds new features/elements that enhance the game play (IMHO). The actual campaign isn't any different...just expanded.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-21-16/1016:50> »
If you haven't started yet, I'd suggest also picking up Enemy Within...the expansion that came out for Enemy Unknown. It expands on the original campaign and adds new features/elements that enhance the game play (IMHO). The actual campaign isn't any different...just expanded.

All of this, plus a little more - after you've played through Enemy Within (you can skip Enemy Unknown if you have EW) go get a copy of the Long War mod. It's almost a total conversion, there's that much work that went into it.
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-21-16/2019:25> »
Ooo...missed that one...makes note to self. ;) Thanks!

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-21-16/2102:18> »
The crew who created Long War are already working on their XCOM 2 mods, with the goal of releasing the mods when the game drops. This excites me.
Power corrupts.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-22-16/0643:53> »
Wow...the mod looks REALLY impressive. The fact that Firaxis has hired these guys to develop mods for XCOM 2 pretty much says it all. Now I just need to finish up Far Cry 4 and figure out what to shift in my "unplaced queue"...sigh... ::)

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #9 on: <01-25-16/0105:05> »
Not as big of a computer gamer as I once was (moved over to consoles actually), but certain kinds of games are best on computer. XCom is one such example. Beat EU, played through enough of EW to know where I will stand (victorious). Looking forward to XCom 2!
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <01-25-16/0642:12> »
Damn, looks like my life vanished again, hadn't seem either Enemy Within or Long War had been added.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-22-16/1957:49> »
Enjoyed XCOM 2, but after a couple of plays have gone back to XCOM Enemy Within for a while at least.

Having a blast with both !