NEWS

ShadowRun: CrossFire - Release Date?

• 15 Replies

Morgoth

• Newb
  • There's a war coming ...
« on: <07-19-14/1344:05> »
Hi Guys

I'm getting a bit confused by pre-orders & release dates cropping up all over the tin'ternet.

Is there an OFFICIAL Release Date anywhere? Specifically, in the UK where I live,

Thanks, Walts

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-19-14/1404:52> »
There is no street date yet for Crossfire.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-19-14/1452:46> »
But their is now an official print and play version of the game. Try it out while your waiting.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #3 on: <07-19-14/1648:08> »
Not seeing an "official Print & Play" there...

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-19-14/1847:00> »

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <07-21-14/0952:56> »
This is the demo version the full version has a lot more cards, now that being said the demo box is still a lot of fun.
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-22-14/1639:38> »
Very nice to see this :) A couple of quick questions (to any who might know):

If one pre-orders through their LGS (or online store), will they get the bonus Oni character card?

Anyone know of online stores that are accepting pre-orders for these?

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <07-22-14/1736:32> »
SIXTY FREAKIN' BUCKS FOR THE CORE SET?! My Ghost, man!

Core set of Android: Netrunner wasn't this expensive (...ok, although this is the same price as the Pathfinder LCG).

Between this, the hard copy of the SR5 rulebook, and the physical boxes of the (still yet-to-be-released) Intro boxes, we're running up to $200! Fuggin' hell, CGL...

Well, at least there's that free Demo Box that they released as PDFs to tide me over...
« Last Edit: <07-22-14/1738:28> by tasti man LH »
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-22-14/2049:51> »
Well, at least you won't have to spend it all in one month... ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist... ::)

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <07-23-14/0008:06> »
If one pre-orders through their LGS (or online store), will they get the bonus Oni character card?

I believe this is a case topper which means there is one card for every 6 sets of the game. I can see many stores offering the card as a prize for some launch week organized play but if your LGS really likes you...

Brennor

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <07-23-14/1142:53> »

The battleshop preorder specifically says that the preorders from them include the Oni character card.
Quote from: BattleShop
PREORDER BONUS!

All preorders for the first printing of Shadowrun: Crossfire include a free Oni Character Card!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <07-23-14/1239:34> »
Thanks Brennor - I did see that. Thought behind my question was that if I'm going to pay full retail, I'd rather pre-order from FLGS and save on the shipping costs. Haven't decided "how much" I want that character card yet, so not sure if it's worth the premium I'd have to pay if I ordered direct from CGL. TBH, the way this has been set up, it doesn't encourage one to go through their FLGS. I don't have an issue with this, but it seems at odds with the whole demo program they've been trying to kick off for the game. Of course, these are my thoughts/opinions/assumptions...quite happy to be wrong. ;D

Brennor

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <07-23-14/1422:40> »
I kinda figured that is where you were coming from. I have a similar question out to my FLGS on the same thing. However, they aren't sure how many they are getting yet, either, so there is more than just my outstanding question regarding the game. :)