NEWS

Racial Qualities

• 11 Replies

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« on: <08-05-19/1702:24> »
Pretty sure I've already figured this one out via the archetypes but, the positive qualities you get from race do NOT count for the 6 quality limit correct?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <08-05-19/1825:18> »
Yeah, the restriction of 6 seems to specifically apply to the ones from phase 3 and 4.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-05-19/1839:58> »
Do humans have any racial qualities?  Though in this edition everyone is human. There short human, tall human, human with small tusks, really tall human with horns and tusks and vanilla human.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <08-05-19/1845:34> »
Not under RAW. I'm going to houserule that.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-05-19/1855:35> »
Do humans have any racial qualities?  Though in this edition everyone is human. There short human, tall human, human with small tusks, really tall human with horns and tusks and vanilla human.

No they don't. Personally I think they should get to choose a few attributes to put special points into. Show off that human adaptability that's so often talked about.

That and I may raise the quality limit to 10, as 6 seems pretty restrictive, but I'll see how it roles out in play first. The qualities seem more balanced in cost vs reward then they have in the past.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-05-19/1858:14> »
Is multiple ranks in the same quality multiple qualities to that 6 or just one. Like focussed concentration 3 is that 3 qualities or 1.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-05-19/2001:54> »
Is multiple ranks in the same quality multiple qualities to that 6 or just one. Like focussed concentration 3 is that 3 qualities or 1.

Focussed Concentration 3 is likely intended to be  a single quality of Six.  But I don't think it's specifically mentioned.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-05-19/2046:52> »

I am 97% certain that each quality counts as a single quality, no matter what level you have at.  Level 1 or level 3 would still count as just Focused Concentration.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <08-06-19/0204:23> »
If it's ranked consider it 1 I'd say. If it's 'can take multiple times' it's 2. Two allergies soule be 2.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <08-06-19/0305:33> »
Is it intended that Humans can buy lowlight, thermo vision and dermal deposits at chargen?  They all have karma costs, which indicates they can.  Of you could via SURGE effects, but these doesn't feel right without explanations other than "some random fluke of genetics".

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <08-06-19/0311:40> »
If you weren't allowed, they wouldn't be buyable. They never were in the Qualities section before. So yes, "Thanks to enhancements or just genetics," you can have that.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <08-06-19/0804:45> »
If you weren't allowed, they wouldn't be buyable. They never were in the Qualities section before. So yes, "Thanks to enhancements or just genetics," you can have that.
In-universe reasons:
  • "Momma was a pinkie, Daddy was a troll"
  • "Here at GeneTech, we're proud to point out that our bioware is of such high quality, you can pass it down to your kids!"
  • "I don't know man, that cat in the alley like scratched me or something while there was this wizzer bang fight on the street and now I can see in the dark!"