NEWS

[6e] Burstfire, Attack rating and edge

• 2 Replies

st. Nougat

• Newb
« on: <08-01-19/1942:48> »
Bear with me here, I haven't really played SR since the glory days of SR3.  I picked up the beginner boxed set and I'm reading through the quick start rules.  So far, so good.

My question in that burstfire lowers your attack rating by 4 points.  but you get edge diced based off of your attack rating vs your opponents defense rating.  So lets say that Crunchy Nougat has a good AR against some Halloweener grunt group and he gets an edge for that.  Then he decides to open up with his Uzi, lowering his attack rating by 4.   Does he lose that edge die?

There seems to be a difference between attack pool and attack rating (as shown in the example about the lone star grunts, they have an attack rating of 11 but a dice pool of 7.  So burst fire doesn't seem to affect the dice pool but only the rating (and the rating is pretty meaningless after the AR vs DR check).

am i making sense here?
can someone clear things up for me?

thank you
« Last Edit: <08-01-19/1944:23> by st. Nougat »

0B

« Reply #1 on: <08-01-19/2041:13> »
I think you have to decide to use burstfire before adjusting your attack rating, similar to how you have to check range to find the attack rating. I've only got QSR, it isn't explicit about this in the rules but it seems implied to me.

Like you said, AR/DR is used for calculating edge and does not have direct effects on the dice pool (Unless you use the edge in that pool).

st. Nougat

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-01-19/2124:09> »
Ok so its like
"decide how you want to attack, other issues, compare AR/DR then go from there"?

that seems to make sense,

thank you