NEWS

Homebrew Chemistry write up

• 2 Replies

忍

« on: <07-16-17/0101:23> »
Hey chums. I'm working on my own rules for using the Chemistry skill. There is some dissatisfaction with the drug creation system for 5th at my table. So I've opted to try to make something that I think would work better. Right now I've got a decent start on things and feel comfortable for a sort of peer review. I'd like to get some feedback on what I have so far. The numbers are in a state of limbo at this state of time. They're more of a placeholder than solid rules, but they're still a direction of intent. Yes, the information is a bit cluttered currently. As you'll see there is definitely a place for it all.

With that said, let me know what you think:
Docs
Sheets

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-16-17/0439:07> »
I like the idea of modifying existing drugs. It's a much more elegant solution than what CGL went for.

In regard to the vectors I have to say: Injection should always be an option, no matter the other vector, because your bloodstream is always the place where you want the drug to end up.
Contact usually needs an added agent that will allow the drug to permeate into your body. DMSO is a reliable solution for that, so in most cases you don't really need to complicate your drug (you might still want to if DMSO is to expensive for your desired product.)
Likewise, ingestion always works too - albeit slower both for feeling the effects but also for a longer duration.
Inhalation can either be achieved through heating/burning (smoking, obviously) or through bringing it into solution and then using a vaporizer.

The hierarchy of effects could be like this:
Injection: Immediate effect, +1 to positive and negative effects, half duration, +2 to Addiction Threshold
Smoking/Inhaling: Immediate effect, normal duration, +1 to Addiction Threshold
Ingestion: Three rounds or more until effect, quadruple duration, -1 to positive and negative effects, -1 to Addiction Threshold
(If I remember my few lessons on biochemistry correctly ;) )

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <07-16-17/1604:28> »
My intent to make each attribute (Vector, Duration, Speed, etc) independently modified. Not that your suggestion is bad, the idea is to allow minute alterations to better apply to personal situations. Think auto-injector or slap patch.