Shadowrun General > Gear

Ship Laser + Banshee

<< < (2/4) > >>

Casazil:
You can buy a banshee with a reactor for it power supply can't you?

Of did they remove all the other power types in 4th?

Caine Hazen:
No, in most cases the whole "power type" and realism to roominess are kinda fudged in SR4.  So since the laser obviously contains all the power generation and whatnot, once its fit intop the heavy reinforced turret, its all good to go on the banshee.  Unless you have a GM how looks at you funny and just goes "No"  ;D

Casazil:

--- Quote from: Caine Hazen on ---No, in most cases the whole "power type" and realism to roominess are kinda fudged in SR4.  So since the laser obviously contains all the power generation and whatnot, once its fit intop the heavy reinforced turret, its all good to go on the banshee.  Unless you have a GM how looks at you funny and just goes "No"  ;D

--- End quote ---

Well like I said in another thread they can fudge it all day long cause when we get a 4th edition rigger book I'm gonna start lookin for 5th edition to come out as rigger books seem to kill editions.

The_Gun_Nut:

--- Quote from: Kontact on ---Weight is pretty relative when you're dealing with a vehicle which comes with 18 armor and has 20 expansion slots.

I really wouldn't get too close to logic or reason when dealing with a big block of steel that goes 98% of the speed of sound.  :D

--- End quote ---
Heh, they made a brick fly supersonic (the F-4 Phantom), so I'm pretty sure the Banshee isn't terribly unrealistic for 2070.

The Banshee is roughly equivalent to a light tank, isn't it (apart from the flying thing)?  I can see it mounting the vehicle laser.  The ship laser is what I find a bit problematic, and only a little bit.  If it comes with an integral capacitor to store power for firing (enough for 40 shots), then I might see it being mounted.  But, honestly, there are more cost effective ways to produce firepower.  None as cool, I'll grant you.

@Casazil
Yeah, I haven't seen any alternative power sources available, yet.  So it's electric or fossil fuel propelled.  A rigger book (pleasepleaseplease call it the "Rigger's Black Book) would likely have more power options.

Casazil:
Nah it'll be the Hacker's Black Book cause Riggers and Hackers are the same now.....Ducks an runs for cover! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version