Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

SR5 Gear Question

(1/2) > >>

RickDeckard:
SL p. 131 has these asskickers: LONE STAR’S BATES-BROWN TACTICAL COMBAT BOOTS.

Anyone know why they have acc 4 when they're used with Unarmed? Should be Physical Limit, no?

Reaver:
Away from books so I can't look at it. But, does it have a damage code as well?

If so, it sounds like brass knuckles, but for your feet..... and if so... its probably to answer the great question that was asked exactly once:

"Why can't I wear brass knuckles on my feet for my kicking martial art?"

Followed by the same person asking: "Why can't I get a weapon focus for my feet??" :P

RickDeckard:

--- Quote from: Reaver on ---Away from books so I can't look at it. But, does it have a damage code as well?

If so, it sounds like brass knuckles, but for your feet..... and if so... its probably to answer the great question that was asked exactly once:

"Why can't I wear brass knuckles on my feet for my kicking martial art?"

Followed by the same person asking: "Why can't I get a weapon focus for my feet??" :P

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I don't follow yer there, mate?

Dmg code is STR+2 and the description is literally "knucks for your feet":

"Also known as “drek-kicker” boots, these specially designed combat boots not only protect one’s feet and look stylish with tactical gear, but with their reinforced soles and
metal toes they also act as knucks for kicking. That’s right, with these boots, kick attacks are more damaging than ever. Perfect for kicking in doors or a perp’s guts!"

The Plasteel Toe Boots for HT is STR+1 and use physical limit, so I'm confused as to why these wouldn't. They also have an insane -4 AP, which may be why balance-wise, but still doesn't make sense.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
It's a no win situation to have some weapons be "unarmed type" weapons that use your physical limit and some not be.  So long as you have that distinction you'll have quibbles over which bucket borderline cases should fall into.  We got rid of that distinction in 6e... too late for 5e unfortunately.

RickDeckard:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---It's a no win situation to have some weapons be "unarmed type" weapons that use your physical limit and some not be.  So long as you have that distinction you'll have quibbles over which bucket borderline cases should fall into.  We got rid of that distinction in 6e... too late for 5e unfortunately.

--- End quote ---

So what you're saying is it should by physical limit but just never got errata'ed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version